Stephon Gilmore quietly disses Buffalo Bills on Twitter

Oh, you mean condescending remarks should not be taken as an insult?

Yes I agree completely.

Players take shots at old team and someone says he was not taking shot at old team. Makes no sense.

His latest comment that Bills fans don't like winners could not be any further from the truth. Bills fans crave winning. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000822726/article/gilmore-on-bills-fans-hate-guess-you-hate-winners

Bills love winners. They just hate cheaters. So I guess since Gilmore is now a winner even though he has won nothing yet then he is also a cheater because he is on the Pats?

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wasn't that great when he played here, don't see him being great in New England...

Belichick will turn him into a top CB...isn't it the way it goes for Bills fans ?

My god, some of you are so sensitive. He took crap for years here from "Bills fans." Now you are getting mad about him speaking the truth? We hate the Pats because they are winners. We didn't hate them in the 90s because they were losers. And now, the narrative switched.

Stop being so sensitive.

We hate them because they've been kicking our asses for almost 20 years.....14 division titles in 16 years is why I hate them....11 AFC Championship games in 16 years is why I hate them.....7 SB appearances and 5 trophies is why I hate them....having to deal with the longest dynasty ever in the NFL is why I hate them...having to deal with the GOAT at QB and HC is why I hate them....the fact that after all those years, and winning 2 out the last 3 SBs, they are unanimously the favorite to win it all this year is why I hate them....

So...bottom line...I hate them....

Belichick will turn him into a top CB...isn't it the way it goes for Bills fans ?

We hate them because they've been kicking our asses for almost 20 years.....14 division titles in 16 years is why I hate them....11 AFC Championship games in 16 years is why I hate them.....7 SB appearances and 5 trophies is why I hate them....having to deal with the longest dynasty ever in the NFL is why I hate them...having to deal with the GOAT at QB and HC is why I hate them....the fact that after all those years, and winning 2 out the last 3 SBs, they are unanimously the favorite to win it all this year is why I hate them....

So...bottom line...I hate them....

i think he will turn him into a top corner, mainly due the scheme and overall strength of their D as I don't think he will be exposed like he was in Rex's D. He also won't be the #1 corner there; Butler is better. He's basically a very highly paid replacement for Logan Ryan. I think with all that in mind he will have a great year.

i think he will turn him into a top corner, mainly due the scheme and overall strength of their D as I don't think he will be exposed like he was in Rex's D. He also won't be the #1 corner there; Butler is better. He's basically a very highly paid replacement for Logan Ryan. I think with all that in mind he will have a great year.

I think he will be fine opposite Butler, it is worth mentioning that Logan Ryan was one of the highest rated corners as far as tackling last season. It will be interesting to see what/if Gilmore has any sort of negative impact there.

I know corners get paid to cover. I'm just pointing out the difference in Gilmore and Ryan's game.

I think after several weak sister tackling attempts, Bill Bellyache throws his pencil in disgust and benches him to teach him a lesson.

Never heard of this guy but...

@jeffphowe

Raymond Clayborn obliterated the Bills organization today: "I told (Stephon) Gilmore, 'I see why Buffalo lost four straight Super Bowls..."

Clayborn: "I see that they will not be very good this year. They give up a great running back and a great cornerback. That's ridiculous..."

Clayborn: "The people running Buffalo, whoever the owner is over there, he needs to look at them letting these guys go. That's ridiculous."

Edited by YoloinOhio

Never heard of this guy but...

@jeffphowe

Raymond Clayborn obliterated the Bills organization today: "I told (Stephon) Gilmore, 'I see why Buffalo lost four straight Super Bowls..."

Clayborn: "I see that they will not be very good this year. They give up a great running back and a great cornerback. That's ridiculous..."

Clayborn: "The people running Buffalo, whoever the owner is over there, he needs to look at them letting these guys go. That's ridiculous."

Former Patriot DB (before they started cheating). It's just as if Darryl Talley was spouting off. Nothing really to see here.

Edited by eball

Gilmore never had the luxury to play with a pro bowler safety like McCourthy....I wonder if this will change his game.....

Edited by Iron Maiden

Gilmore is an excellent player and he'll play well for the Patriots. His tackling effort last year made sense for him but as a fan of the team it was BS. It was the type of effort that said I want out and I don't want to get hurt playing for Rex's sinking ship. I get it but he's also not our City's kind of player - my hunch is Tre White is. They'll like Gilmore and we'll like White.

Gilmore was LAZY as a Bill.... Try that on the cheaters, and your azz is CUT!... Scrimmaging vs. Brandin Cooks will no-doubt improve Stephon. As will knowing that Bellichick's standard is 'dominance' OR 'off the team'.

Edited by #34fan

Gilmore is an excellent player and he'll play well for the Patriots. His tackling effort last year made sense for him but as a fan of the team it was BS. It was the type of effort that said I want out and I don't want to get hurt playing for Rex's sinking ship. I get it but he's also not our City's kind of player - my hunch is Tre White is. They'll like Gilmore and we'll like White.

spot on, Triple!

I should have bolded the last two sentences

am i missing something? was Gilmore a game changer? he was ok, but my feeling about him was, make a play, blow a play, make a play, blow a play. not worth what the Pats paid for him. sure he'll probably be above average for them, they have an offense that can support a defense. they have a hall of fame coach/QB. Pats defense has never really been all that impressive imo. Seems to be huge turnover in their secondary every year. Willing to bet that the Pats get exactly what we've seen all these years with Gillmore, meh, hes ok.

am i missing something? was Gilmore a game changer? he was ok, but my feeling about him was, make a play, blow a play, make a play, blow a play. not worth what the Pats paid for him. sure he'll probably be above average for them, they have an offense that can support a defense. they have a hall of fame coach/QB. Pats defense has never really been all that impressive imo. Seems to be huge turnover in their secondary every year. Willing to bet that the Pats get exactly what we've seen all these years with Gillmore, meh, hes ok.

?? They were #1 last year in points allowed.....Their first 3 SBs ( 2001, 2003 and 2004 ) were in a large part due to their defense...Belichick is first and foremost a great defensive mind.....how's that " not impressive " ?

?? They were #1 last year in points allowed.....Their first 3 SBs ( 2001, 2003 and 2004 ) were in a large part due to their defense...Belichick is first and foremost a great defensive mind.....how's that " not impressive " ?

not impressive at all, youre bringing up teams from 10+years ago, last year they may have been #1 in points allowed but they were mediocre in everything else. you could move the ball on them. and yes, Belichick is a hall of fame defensive minded coach. They won the Super Bowl last year, but boy was the defense in that game terrible. none of his teams have been known for their secondary. relevant considering we're discussing Gillmore.

lets not forget, Patsies had the easiest schedule by far last year.

Edited by bigduke6

I think we are about to get top corner production on a rookie contract......which is gonna allow us to improve the team in other areas cap wise

If the Secondary can play cohesive football, our Corners might shine.

But better said

If the Front four, even 7 can get after it? The whole secondary might look very good indeed. And that is my hope

not impressive at all, youre bringing up teams from 10+years ago, last year they may have been #1 in points allowed but they were mediocre in everything else. you could move the ball on them. and yes, Belichick is a hall of fame defensive minded coach. They won the Super Bowl last year, but boy was the defense in that game terrible. none of his teams have been known for their secondary. relevant considering we're discussing Gillmore.

You did say it " never was impressive "....in the early SB teams, they had Ty Law , Otis Smith and Lawyer Milloy.......in the 2014 SB, they had Revis, Browner , McCourthy and a certain rookie named Butler.....

Find me a defensive stat that's more important than pts allowed....

If anything, NE's defense is always underrated because everyone talks non stop about their offense....

In last year's SB, they held the historically good Atlanta offense to 21 pts.....I would say it was terrible.....and completely blank them for the last quarter and a half....

Edited by Iron Maiden

You did say it " never was impressive "....in the early SB teams, they had Ty Law , Otis Smith and Lawyer Milloy.......in the 2014 SB, they had Revis, Browner , McCourthy and a certain rookie named Butler.....

Find me a defensive stat that's more important than pts allowed....

If anything, NE's defense is always underrated because everyone talks non stop about their offense....

In last year's SB, they held the historically good Atlanta offense to 21 pts.....I would say it was terrible.....and completely blank them for the last quarter and a half....

clearly i never wrote "never". Pats go through defensive backs like we go through QBs. that tells me they find the spot plug and play. the majority of their secondary players are no names, sure a few stick. and every once in awhile they open the bank for one. but none of that made me fear their defense last year when we played them.

and if it wasnt for a colossal fail on the falcons' defense, we'd be talking about how much fun it was to watch the Pats lose that game and how their defense stunk.

@CaseyBake16

Tom Brady with the deep ball to Brandin Cooks while being covered by Stephon Gilmore #Patriots

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/891735479980359680

Looks like he brought his hustle to NE. Letting up before the ball even got there. The only thing missing was turning around and pointing at someone else.

Edited by reddogblitz

clearly i never wrote "never". Pats go through defensive backs like we go through QBs. that tells me they find the spot plug and play. the majority of their secondary players are no names, sure a few stick. and every once in awhile they open the bank for one. but none of that made me fear their defense last year when we played them.

and if it wasnt for a colossal fail on the falcons' defense, we'd be talking about how much fun it was to watch the Pats lose that game and how their defense stunk.

See post # 314....3rd line......

As far as no names......Ty Law, Revis, McCourthy, Browner, Butler, Asante Samuel.....Rodney Harrison......etc....that's just in the secondary.....Vince Wilfork, Richard Seymour, Bruschi, Vrabel, Ninkowicz, McGinest...Junior Seau.....Hightower...Collins.....we'll agree to disagree.......

My main point is I think NE's defense is often underrated because we focus on Brady.....Belichick is rarely putting a bad defense on the field......

Edited by Iron Maiden

See post # 314....3rd line......

As far as no names......Ty Law, Revis, McCourthy, Browner, Butler, Asante Samuel.....Rodney Harrison......etc....that's just in the secondary.....Vince Wilfork, Richard Seymour, Bruschi, Vrabel, Ninkowicz, McGinest...Junior Seau.....Hightower...Collins.....we'll agree to disagree.......

My main point is I think NE's defense is often underrated because we focus on Brady.....Belichick is rarely putting a bad defense on the field......

See post # 314...3rd line......

Vince Wilfork, Richard Seymour, Bruschi, Vrabel, Ninkowicz, McGinest......Hightower...Collins, what do they have to do with the Pats secondary? ill agree to disagree, np there, but ive never thought of any Pats defense as top 10, ever. they get the job done no doubt, but they can be scored on. all the years of playing the pats and its always been the offense that worried me.

Go Bills

Vince Wilfork, Richard Seymour, Bruschi, Vrabel, Ninkowicz, McGinest......Hightower...Collins, what do they have to do with the Pats secondary? ill agree to disagree, np there, but ive never thought of any Pats defense as top 10, ever. they get the job done no doubt, but they can be scored on. all the years of playing the pats and its always been the offense that worried me.

Go Bills

Just last year they were top 10..1st in points and 8th in yards allowed.....I'm pretty sure 2003 and 2004 they were also a top defense....A lot of people forget also 2007...the year they went 16-0...I think their D was ranked 4th in the league...everyone was talking about the offense of course.....but that team was stacked on both side of the ball.....

Hopefully, the nightmare is over soon.....

Or maybe he thought it was the first week of camp and the receiver was his teammate.

Nope . Classic Gilmore. If he points at a NE teammate though, they will likely punch him in the face. So I say he drops that patented post - burn move.

I'm more concern with Brady and Cooks building on chemistry so early ......

Why? They are guaranteed to win the SB anyway, ( according to USA Today) . The Bills aren't going anywhere. Why be concerned with the pre- ordained and the inevitable?

Nope . Classic Gilmore. If he points at a NE teammate though, they will likely punch him in the face. So I say he drops that patented post - burn move.

Why? They are guaranteed to win the SB anyway, ( according to USA Today) . The Bills aren't going anywhere. Why be concerned with the pre- ordained and the inevitable?

16-0 isn't a Super Bowl guarantee. The Pats* themselves have proven that :)

@MikeReiss

Julian Edelman has been told to leave practice after starting a fight with CB Stephon Gilmore after an incomplete end-zone pass.

@BenVolin

Edelman and Gilmore just got tossed from practice after getting in a big fight. Edelman had to be pried away and carried off by Hogan

I was waiting for this to happen. Edelman is known to be a trash talker. He probably burned Gilmore and asked how he was able to pry all that cash away from the pats? lol

@MikeReiss

Julian Edelman took exception to Stephon Gilmore holding him and then wrestled with him on the ground. Gilmore has also been told to leave.

Incident lasted about 10-15 seconds. Bill Belichick has non-negotiable practice rule: No fights, and if you do fight, you are ejected.