Stephon Gilmore quietly disses Buffalo Bills on Twitter

It's a colloquial term in that context that I had no awareness of until today.

It's used so often, that many don't see it as hurtful anymore... I'd say Carribeans in general, and Jamaicans in particular, are hostile towards the gay community... ANY gay community...

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is like the guy who marries a hot chick and then starts to take her for granted. All of your friends tell you how hot she is but you don't appreciate her. Then she leaves for a super rich, good licking dude and you have to talk crap about her to make your self feel better because you're lonely.

Does this mean the chick is cheating on you like Gilmore when to cheaters? How else did she know she was licking? Maybe this mean Gilmore intentionally had bad games against Pats* because he had deal with Billicheat!

again, why let it bother you? if it doesn't bother you when players leave and take shots at the team, why let it bother you when fans fire back. at the end of the day it's all nonsense.

Well some refuse to come out of closet. Put on that Pats* jersey!

A reference to him as "batty" is a derogatory word for gay originating from the Caribbean.

The use of that term from that is positively batty.

bat·ty
ˈbadē/
adjective
informal
  1. crazy; insane.
    "you'll drive me batty!"
    synonyms: insane, out of one's mind, crazed;

Buffalo Rumblings retweeted that as well so I assume we've just heard different uses of it. I guess we both learned something.

Back on topic, is Gilmore more "!@#$ing crazy" than Robert Woods?

He is certainly more batty especially with those Caribbean locks.

Actually, I think Blokes is on to something since Batty is followed up by Mon. Seems like a guy trying to slide something past an audience that is largely ignorant to the true meaning imo. (No that that's on 26, of course, but the tweeter)

The English don't really use "batty" to indicate craziness anymore... They typically just say "mad", although the last time I got 86'ed out of a pub on Baker street, they said I was absolutely "barking"

No, I wasn't wearing my Bills hat.... (that day.)

Actually, I think Blokes is on to something since Batty is followed up by Mon. Seems like a guy trying to slide something past an audience that is largely ignorant to the true meaning imo. (No that that's on 26, of course, but the tweeter)

True meaning? Horse crap. You cannot just reuse a word in a different context and claim meaning to it.

I think the point is... Gilmore won't win any points with Belicheat, by attacking his proven star players.... After this tussle, Gilly better perform, or it's curtains...

From what I understand Edelman was the aggressor in the fight.

I think the point is... Gilmore won't win any points with Belicheat, by attacking his proven star players.... After this tussle, Gilly better perform, or it's curtains...

Coach doesn't give a crap about anyone not named Brady, even Gronk. Gilmore is fine, especially with that kind of contract. Maybe it's unfinished business from when they were adversaries.

Coach doesn't give a crap about anyone not named Brady, even Gronk. Gilmore is fine, especially with that kind of contract. Maybe it's unfinished business from when they were adversaries.

He definitely WILL give a crap if Gilly starts blowing coverages... I guarantee you that... As the newcomer, this fight put him on everyone's radar... He had better produce.

Curtains? With the guaranteed money he just got from them, he'll be there for the foreseeable future.

He definitely WILL give a crap if Gilly starts blowing coverages... I guarantee you that... As the newcomer, this fight put him on everyone's radar... He had better produce.

I was referring to "attacking his proven star players". Of course Gilmore has to produce, but coach isn't concerned about this tussle. Gilmore is on everyone's radar because of his contract. And since when is Edelman a star?!

"I think the point is... Gilmore won't win any points with Belicheat, by attacking his proven star players.... After this tussle, Gilly better perform, or it's curtains..."

Curtains? With the guaranteed money he just got from them, he'll be there for the foreseeable future.

I'm hoping it's their first in a series of debilitating mistakes... Gilmore, AKA "Grumpy cat" playing up to the expectations of this lucrative contract, strikes me as unlikely...

You gotta admit though, he does kinda resemble Grumpy cat.

A reference to him as "batty" is a derogatory word for gay originating from the Caribbean.

...my lord.

culturally, it means insane, or nuts.

otherwise, I can't wait to see Gilmore get exposed this season

Edited by 87168

And since when is Edelman a star?!

The short-answer to that is, 'since Brady & Belichick made him one'... In NE's system Edelman IS a star... Edelman had more catches last year than a lot of tier-1 WR's... Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, and Jordy Nelson to name a few... He nearly doubled what Martellus Bennett's caught last year without breaking a sweat... Edelman is an extremely versatile athlete, that gives his team options they wouldn't have with a standard slot WR... No lie.

Edited by #34fan

Let's do some math to figure out who appears to be more valuable to the Patriots. Edelman gets a 2 year extension this year for $11.5m with $5m signing bonus and guaranteed salary this year of $3m. Can earn some other chump change for roster bonuses, etc., but will just keep it simple for now. Basically, they could cut him next year and they would get back $3.5m in cap space after having spent $8.0m.

Gilmore's deal was 5 years for $65m. $18m signing bonus with another $22m in guaranteed salary for total guarantees of $40m. Cut him and his cap hit next year would be $22.9m.

To suggest that somehow Edelman is a "star" and that Gilmore would be at risk at all to be let go is disingenuous at best. At worst, it's just a massive failure to grasp the reality of the situation.

Let's do some math to figure out who appears to be more valuable to the Patriots. Edelman gets a 2 year extension this year for $11.5m with $5m signing bonus and guaranteed salary this year of $3m. Can earn some other chump change for roster bonuses, etc., but will just keep it simple for now. Basically, they could cut him next year and they would get back $3.5m in cap space after having spent $8.0m.

Gilmore's deal was 5 years for $65m. $18m signing bonus with another $22m in guaranteed salary for total guarantees of $40m. Cut him and his cap hit next year would be $22.9m.

To suggest that somehow Edelman is a "star" and that Gilmore would be at risk at all to be let go is disingenuous at best. At worst, it's just a massive failure to grasp the reality of the situation.

Of course I grasp the situation... Everything you said was accurate commentary.. -Until Gilmore blows his first three coverages... I said that fat contract could be a debilitating mistake for the Pats, and I meant it... BOTH players were sent home..

That could mean very little if Gilmore fails on the field, AND becomes a polarizing figure... There at many ways to effect a "curtains" scenario besides simply cutting someone... Two things remain unknown... Whether hostilities between Gilmore/Edelman continue, and whether Gilmore can play up to expectations... I'll observe that dynamic before stating what can happen, and what can't.

Edited by #34fan

...my lord.

culturally, it means insane, or nuts.

otherwise, I can't wait to see Gilmore get exposed this season

When you put the "mon" at the end it definitely sounds like the slur.

Americans don't say that

Edited by CNY315

edelman isnt a star, hes a product of their offense. hes also a pompus prick, but he sure moves the chains. welker did the exact same thing, that tells me its the offensive scheme that is more important than the players.

too bad they didnt break each others jaws tho, would have been a nice.

edelman isnt a star, hes a product of their offense. hes also a pompus prick, but he sure moves the chains. welker did the exact same thing, that tells me its the offensive scheme that is more important than the players.

too bad they didnt break each others jaws tho, would have been a nice.

He's a star in that offense, and he leads all Pats wide receivers in receptions... He's just six catches shy of being tied with Antonio Brown... #4 on the receptions leaderboard behind ODB... Sure Mini-tron is part of a system,

but he thrives in that system, which makes him a star in my book. That said, he probably needs to watch his back as much as anyone else on that team... The pats have been checking out slot/type WR KJ Maye...

Who is similar in stature, and skill set.

Edited by #34fan

Of course I grasp the situation... Everything you said was accurate commentary.. -Until Gilmore blows his first three coverages... I said that fat contract could be a debilitating mistake for the Pats, and I meant it... BOTH players were sent home..

That could mean very little if Gilmore fails on the field, AND becomes a polarizing figure... There at many ways to effect a "curtains" scenario besides simply cutting someone... Two things remain unknown... Whether hostilities between Gilmore/Edelman continue, and whether Gilmore can play up to expectations... I'll observe that dynamic before stating what can happen, and what can't.

Gilmore is a ticking time bomb ready to blow up the inner workings of Foxboro.

A one man sleeper cell.

i hope Gilmore makes the first tackle of his life and knocks the snot out of Edelman tomorrow

WIN !!!

A one man sleeper cell.

The yoga was a ruse then ?

Who gives a crap.

Inquiring Minds want to Know

Who are his people? I thought we were. Hey, I don't blame him for taking the money and going to the Super Bowl Champ.....just show a little class.....which he does not have.

I wonder how he would have blended in with the Super Bowl Era Bills.

Leonard Smith would have pounded him like a hammer pounds nails for some of the self-saving whiffy, pansy-a** non-tackles Gilmore pulled at times.

Leonard Smith would have pounded him like a hammer pounds nails for some of the self-saving whiffy, pansy-a** non-tackles Gilmore pulled at times.

Theres My Boy.!

Lets hope Tolbert meets him eye to eye.

Geebuz i sure would love to see Dennison draw that play up for us fans

A one man sleeper cell.

I get the sarcasm... After watching "grumpy cat" get sa-moked by Hogan last year, I can't believe the $$$ they paid him.

Theres My Boy.!

Lets hope Tolbert meets him eye to eye.

Geebuz i sure would love to see Dennison draw that play up for us fans

Seriously, if I'm an OC I run some screens and quick outs to his side. Make him play defense. Break a few tackles for big gains.

He is a rich player. Not a star, not yet anyway. Assuming you are talking about Gilmore

Edelman Edited by reddogblitz

Edelman

I think he's a star, not like Brady, but he's a LITTLE guy giving you 100 catches a year! PLUS, he'll throw a TD pass in a pinch, PLUS he'll come out of the backfield for a 1st Down, PLUS he delivers big catches in big games,

(See superbowl XLIX)... Is he a d!ck? -Yes. In fairness however, it must hurt to see a CB with ZERO accomplishments get paid like that...

I like Edelman a lot.... but I am betting 2017 is it for him. Been hurt, getting older and only a $2m hit to release him after the season.

Dirtbags... That's probably why they brought in KJ Maye... There's probably more guys in that locker room creased by Gilmore's contract... Hell, I'm even creased by it..