Stephon Gilmore quietly disses Buffalo Bills on Twitter

He seems a simple man. if you have listened to him speak you might think the same. i expect he means no harm.

i look forward to watching a couple patriots games early on, just to see how he does, same with TD Mike.

Don't hate on anyone. But i really never got on board with Stephon when he was drafted. The Man can play football though.

Go Ronald Darby !!

Better them overpaying him than us... hope he works out for them like Byrd did for the Saints.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better them overpaying him than us... hope he works out for them like Byrd did for the Saints.

I agree about the money. Tough call, as mentioned above somewhere about quality CBs coming off the rookie contracts and trying to make the deal in the 3rd year. very honest point right there. They are cap killers when they excell at the position

lets just pay White for his second contract now lol.

I'm more hoping Brady's career ends soon.

you know Gilmore plays defense ?

:doh:

just messin with ya Doc

To a point. Buffalo will never be shown as much as the Cowboys, Giants or Pats because of market size.

and why would we as fans care?

ego much yoga head Stephon?

Gilmore played when he felt like it and was soft: 2 things Bills fans don't and won't tolerate.

Him getting "hurtled" on national TV was pretty hilarious: wonder if his people caught that act.

Jonah Javad from WGRZ had a great comeback for Gilmore: https://www.facebook.com/jonahjavadtv/videos/1578773798820936/

Yep, in case anyone has missed Gilmore play, now they can see his highlights... :w00t::lol:

Just watched this. Am I wrong, or were like half of those clips of Ronald Darby? Some were Gilmore (#24) but it looked like some were of Darby (#27), unless I just missed Gilmore in those clips?

Just watched this. Am I wrong, or were like half of those clips of Ronald Darby? Some were Gilmore (#24) but it looked like some were of Darby (#27), unless I just missed Gilmore in those clips?

Gilmore switched from 27 to 24 a few years back.

F#ck him. I'm so not going to miss his mediocre at best coverage and horrible "tackling".

I wonder how much patience Bill Bellyache will have for his sissy style of football?

Could be a bonus baby getting benched ala Larry Brown.

Gilmore is a top 15 CB in the NFL....

Gilmore is a top 15 CB in the NFL....

Here's like 12 off the top of my head.
Malcolm Butler
Chris Harris, Jr.
Josh Norman
Patrick Peterson
Aqib Talib
Richard Sherman
Vontae Davis
Marcus Peters
Xavier Rhodes
Casey Hayward
Janoris Jenkins
AJ Bouye
Jalen Ramsey
Brent Grimes

Trumaine Johnson

Desmond Trufant

Joe Haden

Darius Slay

Edited by dneveu

Here's like 12 off the top of my head.

Malcolm Butler

Chris Harris, Jr.

Josh Norman

Patrick Peterson

Aqib Talib

Richard Sherman

Vontae Davis

Marcus Peters

Xavier Rhodes

Casey Hayward

Janoris Jenkins

AJ Bouye

Jalen Ramsey

Brent Grimes

Trumaine Johnson

Desmond Trufant

Joe Haden

Darius Slay

Dneveu >>>>> Bill Belichick. I feel bad for NE fans. They would have 10 SBs if you were running the show.

Dneveu >>>>> Bill Belichick. I feel bad for NE fans. They would have 10 SBs if you were running the show.

He got him at a discount, and is transitioning away from Malcolm butler. He can play any style of defense, and doesn't have any glaring weaknesses. Having said that. At least several of the guys named above would be considered better players than Gilmore.

Also not many of them were available without giving up compensation, so its hard to say what Belichick would have done. \

Bouye was, but he's largely limited to playing in zone so i don't think thats a good fit for Bill, who prefers a player who can play in any style.

I don't think Gilmore is that Island type CB. I hate to say it but the Patriots defense might be a perfect match for him.

I don't either, but he's pretty good. Bumps well, plays over and under style, can do zone, has pretty good hands. His tackling is pretty lousy/lazy, he doesn't seem to wrap up very often. He also seems to have poor mental games where he's routinely beat. In those games he'll tend to get flags, and look for flags when he gets beat. He also had games where he played like a shutdown corner. Better tackling, and a little more mental toughness and I think he could get there.

I look at it like this - he has a better chance to become a great corner in NE than in BUF. Talib was good-not-great in TB, then went to NE and Denver and became a shutdown guy.

Some guys come right out of college and dominate, other ones take a bit more time and coaching.

Edited by dneveu

He got him at a discount, and is transitioning away from Malcolm butler. He can play any style of defense, and doesn't have any glaring weaknesses. Having said that. At least several of the guys named above would be considered better players than Gilmore.

Also not many of them were available without giving up compensation, so its hard to say what Belichick would have done. \

Bouye was, but he's largely limited to playing in zone so i don't think thats a good fit for Bill, who prefers a player who can play in any style.

I don't either, but he's pretty good. Bumps well, plays over and under style, can do zone, has pretty good hands. His tackling is pretty lousy/lazy, he doesn't seem to wrap up very often. He also seems to have poor mental games where he's routinely beat. In those games he'll tend to get flags, and look for flags when he gets beat. He also had games where he played like a shutdown corner. Better tackling, and a little more mental toughness and I think he could get there.

I look at it like this - he has a better chance to become a great corner in NE than in BUF. Talib was good-not-great in TB, then went to NE and Denver and became a shutdown guy.

Some guys come right out of college and dominate, other ones take a bit more time and coaching.

If you don't think Gilmore can't easily be a top 10 cb, you're letting your Bills fandom cloud your judgement. im not going to nitpick the whole list but you're kidding yourself about guys like Vontae Davis and Brent Grimes being better than Gilmore. This isn't a NFL GM who would agree with that.

And Darby is 28 so...

If you don't think Gilmore can't easily be a top 10 cb, you're letting your Bills fandom cloud your judgement. im not going to nitpick the whole list but you're kidding yourself about guys like Vontae Davis and Brent Grimes being better than Gilmore. This isn't a NFL GM who would agree with that.

I think he can be a top-10 corner. I don't think he has been in the last 4 years. He's not even in the discussion on this year end review: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000769950/article/yearend-cornerback-rankings-richard-sherman-lands-at-no-1

Or this one: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2717888-nfl1000-ranking-the-best-shutdown-cornerbacks

Or this one: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000775730/article/xavier-rhodes-leads-top10-no-1-cornerbacks

He's taking over for Logan Ryan, and I think he's better than Ryan. So he should have a good year. People threw at Ryan a lot.

Edited by dneveu