Stephon Gilmore quietly disses Buffalo Bills on Twitter

Dirtbags... That's probably why they brought in KJ Maye... There's probably more guys in that locker room creased by Gilmore's contract... Hell, I'm even creased by it..

I expect they will focus on a longer term extension with Cooks and might even extend Hogan a little too. The thing about the Patriots is they have always been able to move from one generation of stars to another with minimal fuss.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The short-answer to that is, 'since Brady & Belichick made him one'... In NE's system Edelman IS a star... Edelman had more catches last year than a lot of tier-1 WR's... Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, and Jordy Nelson to name a few... He nearly doubled what Martellus Bennett's caught last year without breaking a sweat... Edelman is an extremely versatile athlete, that gives his team options they wouldn't have with a standard slot WR... No lie.

To me, that term is subjective and I don't see him as a star. Decent to good, ok, but a star!?!? No way! JMO.

He's a star in that offense, and he leads all Pats wide receivers in receptions... He's just six catches shy of being tied with Antonio Brown... #4 on the receptions leaderboard behind ODB... Sure Mini-tron is part of a system,

but he thrives in that system, which makes him a star in my book. That said, he probably needs to watch his back as much as anyone else on that team... The pats have been checking out slot/type WR KJ Maye...

Who is similar in stature, and skill set.

Wes Welker. You know the guy before Edelman that averaged 112 receptions a season with New England. 6 seasons/672 receptions.

Such a gamer though, and brady loves him. Be smart to test the market and see if you can get a bit more cash though.

they just signed him to an extension but gave him a nice bonus so he wouldn't have that much resentment. his career earnings before this year were 16 mil and he's making 9 mil just this year. i could see them cutting if he is injured