Stephon Gilmore quietly disses Buffalo Bills on Twitter

I mean, you try very hard to believe silly situations like he was just making a statement. He didn't mean for anyone to be offended. You have to wrap your head far around the back to believe he didn't know what he was tweeting.

Frankly, even if he tweeted "screw buffalo" -- I'd be pretty whatever about it.

But yea, I think he's amped up to start the season on Thursday night in prime time at home with the super bowl champions and sure to be featured as their prize addition. Yea, I think there's a chance some friends or family got in his ear and got him excited.

Did he send it amped up about that or driven by some sort of anger at buffalo? I don't know, don't really care but would guess it's a little of each

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Gilmore not sign with the Bills because of mean tweets?

He never had a chance to sign with the Bills because he was drafted by them. And then, the best team in the last 20 years paid him a lot of money,

Clearly, Gilmore is the loser in this situation. Can't wait for these posts after Sammy signs with GB or Pittsburgh next year.

Good stuff Jonah.

As expected.

@lebronstein

#BillsMafia doubling down on the inferiority complex today re: Gilmore.

Honestly, that's the kinda of petty, small minded BS that makes Buffalo media terrible.

Maybe because I don't live in Buffalo anymore, I just don't get the indignation over his tweet.

Buffalo is starting to become a real city again. Still, Buffalo has little man's disease and are sensitive about everything.

I love the Bills but going from us to NE is like going from hooking up with Rosie O'Donell to Margot Robie. I'd be bragging about it too,

I don't even see how it is much of a shot at buffalo, it doesn't even mention buffalo, but like usual bills fans take it personally. It was an innocent tweet about being excited to play more prime time games this year, that's all.

Now since he is no longer a Bill, playing on the Pats, hopefully he get a exposed as being mediocre and get a torched on prime time, but only cause he is a Pat and not a Bill, not cause he said he is happy to play more prime time games.

For real. He was crapped on by a ton of fans from the second he got drafted and didn't smile.

According to Bills fans, he was overrated anyways. Let him get paid a ton of money by that crappy team and let's concentrate on running Sammy out of town.

LOL! If that got his panties in a twist, just wait until he hears what Cheater fans call him the first time he gets roasted.

I know it's after the fact that he is gone but I have felt this way about him the whole time he was here. And that is, I'll never forget the look on his face when the Bills drafted him. Roger Goodell handed his Bills hat and someone handed him his jersey and he had this look on his face of 'Man....I don't wanna play for those guys.......'.

I thought it was a bit of a strange reaction by someone who not only was drafted high in the first round but was also badly needed by the team. Apparently, my suspicions were correct as it reflected in his play. I interpreted it as more of a 'try to look good without hurting yourself and just play out your contract'.

I hope he has many games on national TV so the rest of the country can see how he really is.

I hope he sucks every game his people see him play on TV

Edited by stevewin

I know it's after the fact that he is gone but I have felt this way about him the whole time he was here. And that is, I'll never forget the look on his face when the Bills drafted him. Roger Goodell handed his Bills hat and someone handed him his jersey and he had this look on his face of 'Man....I don't wanna play for those guys.......'.

I thought it was a bit of a strange reaction by someone who not only was drafted high in the first round but was also badly needed by the team. Apparently, my suspicions were correct as it reflected in his play. I interpreted it as more of a 'try to look good without hurting yourself and just play out your contract'.

I hope he has many games on national TV so the rest of the country can see how he really is.

Peace, peace frog, but that is just his persona. You didn't predict anything based on his body language at the draft. Talk to anyone who knows U. South Carolina football. He may have soured during his time here, but who knows.

The guy just got a giant contract to play for the overwhelming favorite to win a NFL championship in 2018. Why would he not be excited and tweeting about this stuff?

He is a clown and an average corner.

I think the statistics would say otherwise.

He was dumped as part of a tank. He went from one of the worst franchises in NFL history to one of the best. I say let him enjoy it.

Let's be real abouthis tenure here-- since being forced to buffalo in the draft he's had 2 owners, 2 gms (3 if you count McD this offseason), 3 head coaches, 5 defensive coordinators and Darby is the only starter in our secondary he's even played with... and regardless of how we see it, he was offered far less to stay here than to go elsewhere.

Dude being excited about his offseason is no big insult to me. He probably didn't have the best time in buffalo.

Edited by NoSaint

Doesn't insult me.

He's just pointing out the facts about who gets on TV. Not surprising with out W-L records that we don't.

Let's be real abouthis tenure here-- since being forced to buffalo in the draft he's had 2 owners, 2 gms (3 if you count McD this offseason), 3 head coaches, 5 defensive coordinators and Darby is the only starter in our secondary he's even played with... and regardless of how we see it, he was offered far less to stay here than to go elsewhere.

Dude being excited about his offseason is no big insult to me. He probably didn't have the best time in buffalo.

Good post.

I think the statistics would say otherwise.

He was dumped as part of a tank. He went from one of the worst franchises in NFL history to one of the best. I say let him enjoy it.

It's simply not a tank when you keep Tyrod. But yeah, it was almost certainly a salary dump for a team that was in salary cap trouble and is now significantly less so due to doing nearly everything it can to cut cap without pushing costs forward down the road.

The next Byrd situation?

Dude got so overpaid , was consistently inconsistent and was horrendous at stopping the run and is the opposite of a Leader...

I said this immediately after we picked White- he will be wayyyyy more beloved here, mainly because he will be an overall better cb,imo. Yes Gilmore has the "upside" they say but he's going into year 6, he's a vet, he has failed to reach that upside. Period.

We've had endless debates about Gilmore, you don't have that many consistent debates if that player is elite and doing his job! Even the debates on Sammy aren't questioning his skills, it's his health. We all know he's elite. Wit Gilmore it was all about his skills, and again, you don't have those debates year in and year out about elite players.

That TV time will only bring those debates to a larger audience, on a larger scale. And the consensus will agree he is extremely overrated. Good riddance

Edited by JerseyBills

For real. He was crapped on by a ton of fans from the second he got drafted and didn't smile.

According to Bills fans, he was overrated anyways. Let him get paid a ton of money by that crappy team and let's concentrate on running Sammy out of town.

:lol:

That's funny as hell, CB!

Wait..

you WERE being funny, right?? :blink:

He's butt sore Bills didn't make him a big offer. His little ego was hurt. Get over it man, like honestly. You got ur big fat contract, in a big city, with a team that's got a QB. things are good for you. stop gloating. no class.

First, why should I care? Second, he IS right you know

yes he is. Hogan , Gilly and Gilmore got called up to the big leagues from the farm team AND got paid. doesnt get much better than that. winning cures everything....

go win some games, have a star QB and you'll get the TV coverage, well, not really because the franchise isn't really marketable... well.... at least start winning games and making the playoffs, that's a start.

Edited by jmcraig44

He's butt sore Bills didn't make him a big offer. His little ego was hurt. Get over it man, like honestly. You got ur big fat contract, in a big city, with a team that's got a QB. things are good for you. stop gloating. no class.

You think he's butt sore?

I highly doubt it.

I don't consider what he wrote to be gloating, at all. He stated a fact. He could have said, "no more of just one obligatory prime time game for me! ...." ... which is also a fact.

I think he took the high road in expressing his excitement.

People like you are the problem. You saw that "reaction" and decided right then you didn't like him based on something you perceived. But let me ask you this; in the 5 years he was here, did you ever see him with any other expression on his face? Dude's like a robot, he always looks exactly the same

The Hogan play was not on Gilmore.

Gilmore will be an all pro this year.

No no no no you leave Jonathan Meeks out of this he's a nice boy and we have decided that everything and any thing was Gilmore's fault because DID YOU SEE HIS FACE WHEN HE GOT DRAFTED? - TBD posters mostly Edited by JM57

You think he's butt sore?

I highly doubt it.

I don't consider what he wrote to be gloating, at all. He stated a fact. He could have said, "no more of just one obligatory prime time game for me! ...." ... which is also a fact.

I think he took the high road in expressing his excitement.

Any player that talks about how many primetime games "their people" get to see them in is a douche. Saying it after leaving Buffalo is even douchier. Doesn't affect any of us personally, just makes me happier he's off the team. Couldn't care if it's "just facts," if I tell my girlfriend she looks fat in a dress might be "just facts" and I'm still sleeping on the couch.

Edited by HappyDays

Can't wait to see how the Patsies and Belly handle his finger pointing after being burned.

yeah, he's pretty much a zone corner; you don't pay that kind of $$ for a zone corner... but I guess the Pats do. maybe they plan on playing more man this year... who knows

Edited by jmcraig44

Gilmore is a good player and will have a good year. He opened himself up to ruthless trolling with 1 comment. It wasn't that his comment was that bad or anything. It's more of a function of "than how we operate in the social media age." Someone tweets something that offends a certain demographic and said demographic relentlessly pounds them with gifs, memes and crying Jordan faces.

yeee ep. that about sums it up. Sammy will be doing the same dance 12 months from now.

Seriously.

The uproar makes little sense to me. Sensitive Buffalo fans. When you go from a perennial mediocre/****ty team to a perennial playoff team and get paid in the process you should be happy.

Don't blame Gilmore. Blame the ****ty product that's been put on the field year in and year out.

The team sucks/has sucked that didn't form or change my opinion about Gilmore.

If he struggles in NE the Boston media will turn him into the next Pablo Sandoval. That would make me happier than anything outside of the Bills actually winning games this season. His attitude sucks, I don't think you win with guys like him. Sure he can win on the 17' Pats. They could line Justin Rogers up opposite of Butler and still go 14-2.

Someone tweets something that offends a certain demographic and said demographic relentlessly pounds them with gifs, memes and crying Jordan faces.

I really need to take a long look at my social media policy. I barely do any of that.

Also, you said "relentlessly pounds" :D

Can't wait to see how the Patsies and Belly handle his finger pointing after being burned.

I'm going to go out on the shortest limb ever and say that Belichick knows how to play Gilmore and that he only paid him that large because he knows he's a great fit in his defense. He played under a stupid, lazy, coach running an obsolete scheme the last two seasons. Everyone on defense looked bad under the mostly retired Wrex.

I really need to take a long look at my social media policy. I barely do any of that.

Also, you said "relentlessly pounds" :D

British Twitter must be different. We have people that have made careers out of commenting on Twitter. I have a friend that does it for a living and has ended up famous.

It's not that hard to offend (it's hard to get a following). Pick someone with a wide audience and every time that they open themselves up for a cheap shot you take it (and you take it until they block you). :)

Sorry? Gilmore is not a zone corner.

Actually his specialty is press zone coverage and he did extremely well in Schwartz's Cover 2 that utilized him that way. Seattle uses a press Cover 3 and obviously a player like him could always press on the C2 side of a Cover 6. Gilmore has got a lot to offer in a lot of defensive schemes, just not so much when he constantly gets put on an island like in Wrex's dumbass scheme. What I don't know is how he'd play in McD's Cover 3 that calls for CBs to typically use the bail technique rather than press. Between that, him (obviously) wanting to move on and the cap situation the Bills are in I can certainly understand why he wasn't re-signed here.

Edited by BarleyNY

He never had a chance to sign with the Bills because he was drafted by them. And then, the best team in the last 20 years paid him a lot of money,

Clearly, Gilmore is the loser in this situation. Can't wait for these posts after Sammy signs with GB or Pittsburgh next year.

Honestly, that's the kinda of petty, small minded BS that makes Buffalo media terrible.

He had a chance to sign with the Bills when he became an FA.

Actually his specialty is press zone coverage and he did extremely well in Schwartz's Cover 2 that utilized him that way. Seattle uses a press Cover 3 and obviously a player like him could always press on the C2 side of a Cover 6. Gilmore has got a lot to offer in a lot of defensive schemes, just not so much when he constantly gets put on an island like in Wrex's dumbass scheme. What I don't know is how he'd play in McD's Cover 3 that calls for CBs to typically use the bail technique rather than press. Between that, him (obviously) wanting to move on and the cap situation the Bills are in I can certainly understand why he wasn't re-signed here.

Indeed. What I meant is not "just" a zone corner. I was typing whilst in a work meeting.....