Gary Barnidge visited the Bills May 3rd

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take a second TE who has averaged 67 rec 828 yds and 6 Tds the last 2 years.

He was like a poor man's Greg Olsen with the Browns a couple years ago. before they got Pryor and Coleman. They had no WRs and threw it to him all day and he had over 1000 yards and made the Pro Bowl.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Leroi just said Beane is working behind the scenes. FWIW

Okay and that would absolutely be against league rules of beane is helping us without being on our staff.

"Breaking News: In what seems to be a flub of paperwork, the Carolina Panthers have released Cam Newton and Luke Keuchley..."

Leroi just said Beane is working behind the scenes. FWIW

Leroi nailed the trade up for Zay Jones. He has more trust than anyone in local or national media as far as I'm concerned. And this is what I've been assuming was happening.

Edited by HappyDays

"Breaking News: In what seems to be a flub of paperwork, the Carolina Panthers have released Cam Newton and Luke Keuchley..."

LOL. You know I was thinking the same thing.

Leroi nailed the reside up for Zay Jones. He has more trust than anyone in local or national media as far as I'm concerned. And this is what I've been assuming was happening.

Leroi is the man(woman)!!!

If Kuechly were to be available and we don't get him I will kill myself immediately. If we do somehow manage to get the sexiest beast to ever live then I will be in his shadow every second admiring that beautiful, exquisite, voluptuous man ass.

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

Does he know anything about hockey? Maybe they can get a two-fer out of him.

And Bandits, and Amerks are considering moving out of Rochester. Mayby Pegs will buy the Bisons and they could use some direction. Put him in charge of all of it. It could be called "the Axis" if 3 teams or "Pegasus Sports" if more, w McDictator in charge.

New marketing slogan. "This is not our Waterloo" "Stalingrad was misremembered" "Don't open a new front in winter" "We never win in winter anyway" "Winter is overrated"

When will these guys learn bringing in all the guys from your previous team that that previous team does not want, never works. Ask Rex. And yet they all do it in all sports.

Just to show ea case is unique I will admit, aside from my negativity above, this TE does look like an outlier in my scenario and could really help the Bills.

There!, this board is kind of like a self help support group. Thanks.

Edited by cba fan

He's planning on taking a few visits. We will see if that changes or not.

McDictator will make him an offer he can not refuse.

He will not unlock the interrogation room until he signs. This TE has no chance going up against McChokehold.

Edited by cba fan

Will help a lot our passing game and red zone offense, our 2 TE set would be much better.

If TT suddenly finds the ability to see down field, sure.

Makes you wonder how Clay would respond to getting fewer targets though if Barnidge is also on the field.

Only had 2/3 the targets last year compared with productive 2015. Wonder if the Browns woes at QB had more to do with decline in production than performance, and I tend to think so. So he's a good and proven commodity and it would be great if we could land him. Also a class guy and someone coach knows well from their time together.

Only had 2/3 the targets last year compared with productive 2015. Wonder if the Browns woes at QB had more to do with decline in production than performance, and I tend to think so. So he's a good and proven commodity and it would be great if we could land him. Also a class guy and someone coach knows well from their time together.

6 different QBs and the addition of Pryor

If TT suddenly finds the ability to see down field, sure.

Makes you wonder how Clay would respond to getting fewer targets though if Barnidge is also on the field.

Why is it that on here, every player is perceived to be offended when we don't treat them like superstars? These are grown men. If Clay doesn't respond well he'll be signing a prove it deal next year with a new team.

Why is it that on here, every player is perceived to be offended when we don't treat them like superstars? These are grown men. If Clay doesn't respond well he'll be signing a prove it deal next year with a new team.

Not worried about Clay. He is a team guy and a much better player than many people seem to think. My question is will Tyrod be able to find any of these receiving options consistently.

Not very likely. He signed in 2015 for 5 years and $38MM with $20MM guaranteed....Can't trade him based on performance and can't cut him either...

Leroi nailed the trade up for Zay Jones. He has more trust than anyone in local or national media as far as I'm concerned. And this is what I've been assuming was happening.

he also sometimes says ridiculous things on purpose to mess with people. so while he definitely is on the inside - you definitely still have to weigh what hes saying with a certain level of skepticism. especially when its that another teams employee is working for us.

Signing Barnidge would be a no-brainer. BTW, he was with Carolina/McD back in 2012 so McD does have a connection with him. That may help lead him to sign with the Bills.

Barnidge has been a late bloomer, but has earned himself a Pro Bowl bid.

I think he was released just to save money once the Browns drafted TE Djoku. Barnidge had signed a three yr $12M contract with the Browns.

Dennison plans to run a lot of TWO TE sets. Thus, the Bills are in need of another quality TE.

Clay and Barnidge make for a very nice pair of TEs.

It should be? Give complete autonomy to a guy who has 0 games logged as a head coach?

He might end up panning out but giving someone with that lack of experience complete control doesn't seem like the prudent move.

I got to agree. This seems like a giant leap of faith by Pegs giving Mcd this much control. I mean he was just a defensive coordinator a few months ago. I am in a wait & see mode with Mcd. Lets face it Pegs track record isn't the greatest. I actually did not renew my season tickets this year after 20 years. I have had enough. I will get back in on seasons next year if I see the ship is sailing in the right direction. My sales rep called me yesterday & asked me why I am not renewing & I told him "you guys don't know what the hell your doing down there." He laughed & said "yeah I could see why you feel like that." He also reminded me I would be losing my 20 years of seniority. I just said "yeah I am okay with that."

Not very likely. He signed in 2015 for 5 years and $38MM with $20MM guaranteed....Can't trade him based on performance and can't cut him either...

Actually, pretty likely.

He's got a bad knee and a bad back......and they can save money cutting him next year.

Wood, Shady, Incognito, Kyle Williams will also be gone.

McDermott got a few specific guys that he wanted in this past draft but they didn't address draft positions of strength like TE or RB or S because he traded away picks that could have been used on promising talent at those positons.

Hopefully they were deadly accurate on those few picks......not much room left for error when only taking 6 players.......and as good as the first 150 or so players in this draft were.....the UDFA crop for teams to pick from below average, IMO.

So signing guys like Barnidge or similar will be a necessity if they want to compete the next couple seasons.

It's called human nature, grown men or not. Almost no one wants a reduction in their role or less attention, especially when money is involved.

I'm shocked there hasn't been more interest in him.

It's tempering my enthusiasm at the moment.

But he might help us out alot if signed.

Yep, that's about right. I would like to be excited, but will assume he doesn't so if it happens it's a nice surprise

I really like this guy. Why do we assume him to be depth behind Clay who has under performed based on his compensation? IMO.

Because regardless of compensation, Clay is the better player