Gary Barnidge visited the Bills May 3rd

Glad his first visit was Buffalo. But there will be others. It would probably take 3 years for 10 million to sign him today. can't see offering him that.

We will be a running team this year. So why give that money to a 2nd tight end?

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad his first visit was Buffalo. But there will be others. It would probably take 3 years for 10 million to sign him today. can't see offering him that.

Yo can't run if you don't have a good threat of a passing game.

Leroi just said Beane is working behind the scenes. FWIW

Okay and that would absolutely be against league rules of beane is helping us without being on our staff.

Leroi nailed the trade up for Zay Jones. He has more trust than anyone in local or national media as far as I'm concerned. And this is what I've been assuming was happening.

If these disclosures are true, I'd begin to question where Leroi is coming from or who he is. First disclosing the Bills Board, now using his influence to try to break news that Beane is working unofficially for the Bills?

At best a LAMP poster dishing on his organization for "glory", and at worst out to hurt the team.

If these disclosures are true, I'd begin to question where Leroi is coming from or who he is. First disclosing the Bills Board, now using his influence to try to break news that Beane is working unofficially for the Bills?

At best a LAMP poster dishing on his organization for "glory", and at worst out to hurt the team.

What is LAMP?

he also sometimes says ridiculous things on purpose to mess with people. so while he definitely is on the inside - you definitely still have to weigh what hes saying with a certain level of skepticism. especially when its that another teams employee is working for us.

To mess with which people? Maybe throwing his employer (or former employer) off his trail?

What is LAMP?

Look at me post.

Where did you get this figure from? Because he was not going make close to that mark before being released.

fully agree. Leroi has been a little off recently. Unfortunately.

It should be? Give complete autonomy to a guy who has 0 games logged as a head coach?

He might end up panning out but giving someone with that lack of experience complete control doesn't seem like the prudent move.

Agree. I'm not totally sold on the idea of McD having 100% authority from the get go, he's just too green. Simply having the owner's blessing isn't the same as a fully staffed and functional front office to support a new HC. I think they need to figure out the management structure stat.

And I like Barnidge.

How well did the run game go when TT & top WRs were out?

If you think that Tyrod was a good threat to throw the ball then you must have been watching a different team. We were #1 the last 2 years in rushing and Tyrod hasn't been out of the line up much. To make your opinion even more invalid, Watson has missed 11 games in 2 years and we still ranked #1.

Edited by offsides#76FredSmerlas

Leroi nailed the trade up for Zay Jones. He has more trust than anyone in local or national media as far as I'm concerned. And this is what I've been assuming was happening.

I don't remember him commenting during the draft? Was that in the shoutbox or an actual post about Zay Jones? Never saw it.

Sign him and then sign Blount.

that'd be my hope I'd also be open to a few other vets for nothing, and Boston.

Blount is decent on special teams but has the whole character issue. Loved him out of niu. But he's not anything more than a 3rd back and that's where he need to be.

Barnidge in 12-16 snaps a game is perfect.

Boston as insurance to one of the dbs not getting it and as a coach is great

If you think that Tyrod was a good threat to throw the ball then you must have been watching a different team. We were #1 the last 2 years in rushing and Tyrod hasn't been out of the line up much. To make your opinion even more invalid, Watson has missed 11 games in 2 years and we still ranked #1.

Over the last two years Bills have averaged 160 yds/game on the ground. Without TT the average goes to 105 yds/game. TT contributed about 35 rush yds/game, while EJ accounted for almost 30 yds/game. So TT's sheer presence adds another 25 yds per game, which you can attribute to the threat of him running or believe it or not passing the ball on scrambles (where he prefers RBs or TEs)

that'd be my hope I'd also be open to a few other vets for nothing, and Boston.

Blount is decent on special teams but has the whole character issue. Loved him out of niu. But he's not anything more than a 3rd back and that's where he need to be.

Barnidge in 12-16 snaps a game is perfect.

Boston as insurance to one of the dbs not getting it and as a coach is great

Blount carred the ball 299 times last year to the tune of 1,161 yards and 18 TDs

Based on your last sentence, I believe we have pretty solid evidence that Leroi is, in fact, Russ Brandon Edited by JM57

@jfowlerESPN

Former Browns TE Gary Barnidge, who's visiting #Bills today, has two more visits planned next week, after attending the Derby.

DraftDiamonds who comes here said he had 12 visits lined up. That seems kind of strange. I do think if he leaves without signing it may be tough to wrap him up. He will be in demand. He may want to play for a guaranteed winner at 31 though.

DraftDiamonds who comes here said he had 12 visits lined up. That seems kind of strange. I do think if he leaves without signing it may be tough to wrap him up. He will be in demand. He may want to play for a guaranteed winner at 31 though.

I know that he has "a few" but not sure of the number. I don't think that it's 12 though.

Must be for the GM role

Ha! I laughed.

As for Barnidge at TE, I'm all for it, because I've heard of him. Anyone know if he can block and/or play on the line? He's 6'5", 247 lbs., which could go either way. If he can play on the line, then it's great, because he'd serve as both depth in case Clay gets hurt (likely), and a potentially dangerous matchup in 2-TE sets. If he's only more of an H-back type, then he'd lose the depth appeal, but probably still worth it.

It seems like we're on our 3rd or 4th straight O-coordinator who says he loves TEs and multi-TE sets, yet our TEs have been some of the worst in the league for years. Clay is fine, and Chandler was basically fine before him, but who's the last decent backup TE we had? McKellar?

Potential negatives for signing Barnidge:

• He's already 31 - maybe he's losing athleticism or his body is starting to break down.
  • He did nothing his first 6 years in the league, then came out of nowhere to put up monster numbers in 2015. Last year his numbers were okay, but a huge nosedive from 2015 - maybe he's turning back into a pumpkin?
  • Barnidge has interest from multiple teams, so he won't be signing a super-cheap deal. I'm sure he won't break the bank, but it's still possible given the above doubts that he'll make more than he's worth.

All in all, I think it's absolutely worth going for him.

I know that he has "a few" but not sure of the number. I don't think that it's 12 though.

That dude gets on the phone and calls up agents. 12 seems ridiculous as far as visits go but I wouldn't doubt that 12 teams called his agent to see if there was interest. He's just a solid vet that as a two TE or backup would be a nice player.

what happened to that dude? Had an elite year with nobody at QB with them a few years ago and then disappeared

Coleman and Pryor, they had nobody in 2015. Pryor and Coleman came on the scene and started taking his targets away.

Coleman and Pryor, they had nobody in 2015. Pryor and Coleman came on the scene and started taking his targets away.

Even still, you usually don't get rid of a productive player. Especially when you're not near the salary cap.

NIU??