Gary Barnidge visited the Bills May 3rd

As long as he's not waiting for a sign from God.

God loves his lightning bolts

There's no way he's signing here.

well then.

screw 'em.

I never wanted him here anyways

Gary oh Gary. Where art though Gary Barnidge?

and why hast thou forsaken us so?

You deserve a kick to the ........ for this comment!

:)

nards ?

No faith in mr o leary?

I agree with you though, I was hoping wed snag a te, but I look forward to seeing how Nicks game looks this year. Make or break for him especially in Dennisons system.

He already lost a fumble at the minis.

So done with him/

He also caught one in the red zone for a TD i read somewhere.

Mixed emotions.

But kidding aside.

I think Nick will continue to improve and hope he makes it beyond his rookie contract for all the right reasons

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A sphincter says what?

butt butt butt butt pucker butt butt butt

..decision now delayed until the Belmont..........stay tuned.............

dam what is up with all these !@#$ NFL players setting their clocks to horse racing. Have they never heard of multi tasking?

@siriusXMNFL

FA TE @GaryBarnidge: A lot of teams are waiting to see what they got in OTA's & mini-camp. I have no problem waiting and it's not an issue.

Sounds to me like he has no offers, or no offers he wants yet

maybe we want to see how Logan's progressing before committing?

@siriusXMNFL

FA TE @GaryBarnidge: A lot of teams are waiting to see what they got in OTA's & mini-camp. I have no problem waiting and it's not an issue.

I wonder if the Bills made an offer? Maybe they low balled him?

If Buffalo does have an offer on the table, it sure doesn't sound like he's going to take it.

If Buffalo does have an offer on the table, it sure doesn't sound like he's going to take it.

The emotional progression in these assumptions is fascinating. Managed to get from curious to total defeat in a single post. This sums up half of the posts I see on this board perfectly.

"Can we be good. We probably aren't doing the right things to be good. Well guys, looks like we're not going to be good this year"

Edited by ndirish1978

Yes it does sound that way.

It's probably not just the Bills though.

Most of the teams that are interested might only be offering him a 1 year prove it deal.

1. FA TE @GaryBarnidge: I would love to the #1 guy in the TE room but I have no problem being a mentor either.

1 reply1 retweet2 likes
    Retweet
  2. FA TE @GaryBarnidge: I visited the #Bills and heard from multiple different teams. Heard from #Jaguars and some old coaches w/#Broncos.

1 reply5 retweets5 likes
    Retweet

I think the real problem with the Bills might be that he will be neither the #1 TE nor a mentor. I read that tweet to imply Bills are very much interested but Barnidge wants to wait and see if he can become the #1 TE.

MDH You make me laugh. No experience?? The guy has trained under many a good coach and being the head of the "D" is not that far away from being coach. He has trained his whole adult life for this position so I don't believe he isn't prepared. Look at what a bafune Rex was and he had coaching history.

@siriusXMNFL

Would not surprise me if he is just trying to skip some practice. Fitzy has done it a couple of times too and admitted it to the media, as have some other Bills players that I don't exactly remember who.

Some vets, especially when signing with the same team or at a position that doesn't need as much practice (RB, FB, DL, etc) don't want to spend their whole summer practicing.

Now Barnage gets to pick where he goes, skip some early practice, and maybe even draw out some more interest or a higher offer if a team really wants him or loses their TE. Basically he holds all the cards, and is playing his hand.

@siriusXMNFL

@BarnyGarbidge can pound salt if he doesn't like the Bills veteran min offer! :censored:

With Clays maintenance issues either the Bills need to think about upping the offer or they're banking on Logan Thomas or O'Leary, Kroom, (new guy recently signed) to help relieve him during the game. I hated that Clay signing from the get go. Paid him way too much and we've been dealing with his boo boo ish since he signed.

* I do think Logan Thomas has the potential to tear up a defense. He's a monster of a man.

With Clays maintenance issues either the Bills need to think about upping the offer or they're banking on Logan Thomas or O'Leary, Kroom, (new guy recently signed) to help relieve him during the game. I hated that Clay signing from the get go. Paid him way too much and we've been dealing with his boo boo ish since he signed.

* I do think Logan Thomas has the potential to tear up a defense. He's a monster of a man.

I liked the Clay deal...until I heard he had knee issues. I hoped they would have been solved but apparently they won't be.

I mean I think you have to go through all of the OTA's first to see what you have. IF you are not satisfied after that then up the ante with Barnidge. Otherwise just see what you have first and hopefully the guy we are looking for is already on the roster.

I did not like signing at time - it appeared to be a signing more to hurt Miami rather than help Buffalo.

I am absolutely rooting for Logan Thomas....I dont want to go into the season counting on it though......

....agree 100% and Buffalo got snookered............

The thing is that the TE that Miami was counting on also failed......but the bad thing is Miami looks like they found other tight ends

I liked the Clay deal...until I heard he had knee issues. I hoped they would have been solved but apparently they won't be.

People forget how good Clay was when the Bills signed him.......he was a very worthy top 100 NFL player who could do everything asked for from a TE/H-back.......which made him an ideal fit for Roman's offense. On paper, he was their smartest acquisition......save for the knee issue which none of us knew about.

McCoy, Cassell, Harvin........bad fits or clear, gross wastes of assets to acquire them.

The Bills were in on Brandon Marshall and the pick they traded for Cassell would have been better than the pick the Jets traded for him. That was their #1 need going into the offseason......a nose tackle was second.......and they effectively addressed neither.

Marshall subsequently had what would have been the second greatest by a Bills WR ever(next to Moulds 1998). Instead they paid Harvin. The lack of a nose tackle probably hurt WORSE because it turned the Bills best defender Dareus into a traffic cone.

Rex and Whaley were out of control that offseason and ended up spending assets on impulse buys and it cost them.

Edited by #BADOL

....Gary must have landed on IR after his "12 exhausting visits".....and I agree with the Logan Thomas intrigue......George Wilson made a transition, so why not lightning striking twice??.........

Logan isn't natural to the position at all... Signing Barnidge puts a skilled TE in the mix to help a roster of question-mark QB's.... Sheesh, this isn't rocket surgery. -Git 'r done already...

Logan isn't natural to the position at all... Signing Barnidge puts a skilled TE in the mix to help a roster of question-mark QB's.... Sheesh, this isn't rocket surgery. -Git 'r done already

.......for the amount of time so far, maybe he is looking for starter opportunity and money..........which may be beyond what McD wants to spend with the Clay contract around his neck....

Logan isn't natural to the position at all... Signing Barnidge puts a skilled TE in the mix to help a roster of question-mark QB's.... Sheesh, this isn't rocket surgery. -Git 'r done already...

I am curious as to why you say Logan isnt natural to the postiion

He was the top rated TE coming out of HS.....converts to qb because that is the money position and he can play it.....then isnt good enough to be a NFL qb......but is not alien too the TE position

He has all the height/weight/speed measurables you would want.....actually grades out better then OJ Howard.

Now.....he could flop....but players have made the successful conversion before. All that said yes please give me Barnidge

I am curious as to why you say Logan isnt natural to the postiion

He was the top rated TE coming out of HS.....converts to qb because that is the money position and he can play it.....then isnt good enough to be a NFL qb......but is not alien too the TE position

He has all the height/weight/speed measurables you would want.....actually grades out better then OJ Howard.

Now.....he could flop....but players have made the successful conversion before. All that said yes please give me Barnidge

....good point John...forgot all about that.....a QB has to have decent hands so maybe TE/QB/TE rotation does have some promise....certainly has the size..................

So, just curious if anyone has heard anything recent about Barnidge?

From a quick Google search it seems:

Barnidge officially visited the Bills

Early May, tweet that he will probably visit the Panthers and Jaguars, but I couldn't find anything saying that

he actually did visit either of those teams after his Kentucky Derby break.

Article saying Panthers were unlikely

Articles and radio interview where he said he has "heard" from a number of teams, interest from Denver,

but he has only talked to a couple of Broncos coaches that he knew, nothing official. Then Broncos head coach

then said he is happy with the TEs he has and also an article saying Denver wouldn't do more than a low-risk deal if they

did anything. But no official visit or anything.

Has he really only met with the Bills?

Edited by folz