Gary Barnidge visited the Bills May 3rd

Gilmore coming of a season ending shoulder injury; Watson off a torn Achilles; Williams off a close to microfracture knee surgery. I think they are very interested now.

Wow... that is ugly. They can't catch a break at tight end. I change my stance, they should go for it. Especially considering how weak their WR core is.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i don't think he wants to play all that much - that and he doesn't want to go through camp.

guys made good money, i hope he is happy and i hope he can retire for the sake of his body.

if he signs with the bills, he sucks. he never gets open and we wasted money on someone who gets hurt all the time.

i don't think he wants to play all that much - that and he doesn't want to go through camp.

guys made good money, i hope he is happy and i hope he can retire for the sake of his body.

if he signs with the bills, he sucks. he never gets open and we wasted money on someone who gets hurt all the time.

He wants to be able to start and play for a contender

He just wants money. His team of choice is actually Jacksonville but they haven't been in the game. He loved his Bills visit but they aren't close on numbers.

I'm curious... do you get the impression from these visits/offers that the front office has taken the stance "probably not going after it hard this year but if we stumble into a couple real value signings then we will see what happens"

I'm curious... do you get the impression from these visits/offers that the front office has taken the stance "probably not going after it hard this year but if we stumble into a couple real value signings then we will see what happens"

That's exactly how it seems. It worked with Hodges.

That's exactly how it seems. It worked with Hodges.

Smart way to play it , imho

Or they are just making a concerted effort to not give out contracts they will later regret?

If you are worried about regretting it you shouldn't offer it. That's kind of NoSaint's point. They are taking an approach of, "We could use ____ at the right price." They are presenting offers below market value in hopes of getting those guys inexpensively. If they can't get it done at their number they aren't going to do it. It worked with Hodges, Maclin got a better offer and Barnidge is still out there. I think that this is an approach we can get use done to see from this regime.

.....sounds like he's resting in the bushes waiting for someone to come along with a checkbook number that meets his demands.....

Free agent TE Gary Barnidge said on Thursday he's yet to hear from the Ravens.

"They know who to contact, who to call," Barnidge said. "I just know we haven’t heard anything yet, which is fine. I’m in no hurry. I’m staying in shape. I’ll be ready when that call comes, so I’m in no rush right now." Barnidge's market hasn't developed after quickly fielding calls from the Bills, Jaguars, Broncos, and Panthers after his release from the Browns. The Ravens have a clear need at tight end, but likely want to see how Ben Watson (Achilles) looks first.
Jul 7 - 11:19 AM

.....sounds like he's resting in the bushes waiting for someone to come along with a checkbook number that meets his demands.....

Free agent TE Gary Barnidge said on Thursday he's yet to hear from the Ravens.

"They know who to contact, who to call," Barnidge said. "I just know we havent heard anything yet, which is fine. Im in no hurry. Im staying in shape. Ill be ready when that call comes, so Im in no rush right now." Barnidge's market hasn't developed after quickly fielding calls from the Bills, Jaguars, Broncos, and Panthers after his release from the Browns. The Ravens have a clear need at tight end, but likely want to see how Ben Watson (Achilles) looks first.

Source: Baltimore Sun

Jul 7 - 11:19 AM

cant blame him for that. He doesn't need to sign anywhere yet with 3 weeks until TC, and Bills don't need to increase their offer yet because they already have a #1 TE and at this point would only be bidding against themselves.

cant blame him for that. He doesn't need to sign anywhere yet with 3 weeks until TC, and Bills don't need to increase their offer yet because they already have a #1 TE and at this point would only be bidding against themselves.

...and he could even wait until an injury ups the ante ala desperation signing (not diminishing his skill set with that comment).................

He had 1 good year out of 8 seasons. He is ok if the price is reasonable.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4894/gary-barnidge

Given the QB situation in Cleveland during his tenure there, and considering he was backing up Jordan Cameron most of his career there, you kind of have to judge him on the last two seasons... he produced...he has great hands.

SIRIUS NFL was doing a thing on Top 5 12 Personnel yesterday. Required qualifiers were a stay at home quality run blocking TE a TE who can stretch the middle seams, outstanding WR outside, a RB who can catch and an accurate passer.

Newsflash: we didn't get selected..

Just have him post up the middle linebacker like a power forward. Five yard catches all the way down the field.

What's really amazing are his blocking skills... At 6'10" 275, the kid PANCAKES mofos.... :lol: -it's funny to see 240lb LB's stoned by this guy who resembles LURCH.

I didn't realize Julius Thomas wasn't on the Jags anymore. Yea Barnidge might as well go there if it's his hometown and he wants to start. He's not going to put up any numbers but if all he wants is money and convenient location then there you go