Gary Barnidge visited the Bills May 3rd

So, just curious if anyone has heard anything recent about Barnidge?

From a quick Google search it seems:

Barnidge officially visited the Bills

Early May, tweet that he will probably visit the Panthers and Jaguars, but I couldn't find anything saying that

he actually did visit either of those teams after his Kentucky Derby break.

Article saying Panthers were unlikely

Articles and radio interview where he said he has "heard" from a number of teams, interest from Denver,

but he has only talked to a couple of Broncos coaches that he knew, nothing official. Then Broncos head coach

then said he is happy with the TEs he has and also an article saying Denver wouldn't do more than a low-risk deal if they

did anything. But no official visit or anything.

Has he really only met with the Bills?

...allegedly had 12 visits lined up but took a break for Kentucky Derby....prolly waiting for the Belmont now....YAWN...............

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still believe he ends up in a Bills uni after mandatory mini camp. Clay's knee troubles are real and are always subject to costing him time on the field. GB would be an excellent #2 option to have for double TE sets and as a starter if Clay can't go.

Edited by H2o

I still believe he ends up in a Bills uni after mandatory mini camp. Clay's knee trpubles are real and are always subject to costing him time on the field. GB would be an excellent #2 option to have for dpuble TE sets and as a starter if Clay can't go.

I might like to think he will become a Bill ; )

I still believe he ends up in a Bills uni after mandatory mini camp. Clay's knee troubles are real and are always subject to costing him time on the field. GB would be an excellent #2 option to have for double TE sets and as a starter if Clay can't go.

The Bills offered Barnidge and he turned us down. It has nothing to do with Clay.

Where does it say he turned us down? I saw he came in for a visit, doesn't mean we offered anything. Maybe we didnt like something and decided not to offer at this current time.

I heard that he was really impressed. He liked the facilities and coaching staff quite a bit. He's also tight with Wood (obviously). The Bills are very much in play. The Jags are probably the favorite as he has a house there but the Bills aren't far behind. As far as I know nothing has changed since then.

Are the Bills waiting to sign Gary or a possible Safety till after June 1st? Don't they add several million to the cap post 6/1?

I believe they get an additional $2 million or so from the Aaron Williams release

visited Colts as well. My guess is he can't run.

Barnidge has still only had one visit... Buffalo.

So maybe they are waiting for the cap relief from AW to sign him and have a good faith agreement?

I can pretend that's the case at least.

no clue. The only reason I made the guess I did was based off him supposedly having multiple visits scheduled but has only met with the bills.

i don't think he ever had any other visits actually scheduled. Incarcerated Bob was the one who tweeted about the 12 visits after the Derby and I think based on interviews Barnidge has done since, it was a typo and he meant 2, but people ran with it. The 2 that have been named in reports are Jags and Panthers, but he still hasn't visited. 9 teams expressed initial interest (made calls). Edited by YoloinOhio

i don't think he ever had any other visits actually scheduled. Incarcerated Bob was the one who tweeted about the 12 visits after the Derby and I think based on interviews Barnidge has done since, it was a typo and he meant 2, but people ran with it. The 2 that have been named in reports are Jags and Panthers, but he still hasn't visited. 9 teams expressed initial interest (made calls).

I too heard 12 visits and it was from a VERY reliable source. I don't know what has happened since then.

I thought it was 4.2 but could be wrong.

More likely that I'm wrong

i don't think he ever had any other visits actually scheduled. Incarcerated Bob was the one who tweeted about the 12 visits after the Derby and I think based on interviews Barnidge has done since, it was a typo and he meant 2, but people ran with it. The 2 that have been named in reports are Jags and Panthers, but he still hasn't visited. 9 teams expressed initial interest (made calls).

It was Damond Talbot

Why would we have to wait until after AW's post-june 1st relief? We still have at least 8 million in cap room, and Barnidge can't be getting more than 2.5m- at most. The cap relief after June 1st will happen reguardless, signing him won't effect that, so the only thing that I could see is maybe there is another team or two that are tighter to the cap, and are waiting for their June 1st relief to increase their room, to be able to sign him, and the Bills are just being used as a negotiating chip, or a plan B or C, if those other teams fall through.

Why would we have to wait until after AW's post-june 1st relief? We still have at least 8 million in cap room, and Barnidge can't be getting more than 2.5m- at most. The cap relief after June 1st will happen reguardless, signing him won't effect that, so the only thing that I could see is maybe there is another team or two that are tighter to the cap, and are waiting for their June 1st relief to increase their room, to be able to sign him, and the Bills are just being used as a negotiating chip, or a plan B or C, if those other teams fall through.

Maybe the Bills are waiting for that first of the month check.

I believe they get an additional $2 million or so from the Aaron Williams release

I wonder if they are using this feature to their advantage ( Beane )

Hope so.

Maybe Bills can offer a decent counter if they really want him here?

Jags are appearing lost right now i read.

Think we might be his best bet as he mentioned mentoring would be cool.

I wonder if they are using this feature to their advantage ( Beane )

Hope so.

Maybe Bills can offer a decent counter if they really want him here?

Jags are appearing lost right now i read.

Think we might be his best bet as he mentioned mentoring would be cool.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/31/telvin-smiths-state-of-the-jaguars-address-isnt-rosy/

I think Barnidge signs with Buffalo. I know he wants to be handed the starter postion but under McDermott it has to be earned.

he says he wants to be the #1 TE but I don't see that happening here or Carolina. Maybe Jax, but they say they wanted to see what they had in OTAs before even bringing him in for a visit. Sounds like he's even waiting to see if anyone gets hurt in TC before signing. Clay might have a knee issue that impacts practice time but he plays on Sundays. I'm thinking that Buffalo is a good spot for him even if he's not technically the #1 due to Dennison's 2 TE sets.

Barnidge stands a good chance of becoming The number one tight end in Buffalo if Clay's knee can't hold up during the season.

Clay will get plenty of veteran's rest days in camp and during the season to make sure he's available on game days.

Clay will get plenty of veteran's rest days in camp and during the season to make sure he's available on game days.

That is the problem, he doesn't practice.

He needs to create chemistry with T-Rod, same with that other WR who is often injured.

Get the prima-donna's on the practice field.

Imo

Edited by Leroi