NFL Ref Inconsistentcy

gr8billsfan

Go watch the Titans game from last year and get back to us....

I think you need to. You seem to have long term memory loss. We took the lead with like 4 minutes left in that game. Tyrod has never led a game winning 2 min drill. Hes not capable

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Despite the horrid officiating, bad first half defense and everything else...

1st and goal on the 10, 1 minute remaining. 2 sacks, one incompletion.

Right. And did you watch the game? What was Taylor supposed to do? Groy is awful. Mills was a turnstile. And there were some egregious calls that were ignored.

It's just as stupid to blame the QB every time you lose a game as it is to heap praise on him anytime you win. It's a team game and Taylor did his part and thensome last night.

It's not at all clear that the hit occurred after taylor left the pocket. It was very early in the play.

I saw a view that he was at the edge of the pocket. But it's a separate issue from the illegal contact rule and whether he was in the pocket. You can't do what he did, anytime. Refs have to call that or they are spitting in the face of the supposed "player safety" focus. Edited by YoloinOhio

You forgot to add the loss of Wood, I'd give that 25%.

I'd give it more than 25%. Without Wood going down those draws would have been way more successful and TT wouldn't have been under duress the moment he received the snap.

Let's not forget we were playing one of the best defensive teams over the last five years

And put up 25, as many as anyone all season. Held the ball for 40 minutes and converted 70% third downs.

The problem is this defense also allowed Russell Wilson one of his most perfect games this season- a problem they seem to keep running into against decent QBs.

Notice how Woods is open for the game winning score. Not for long and it was an open then closed small window.

The good QBs zip that ball in there with anticipation and then no one is talking about Powell.

It demonstrates Tyrod's weaknesses to a "T" and why it is tough to win certain types of games with a QB like that.

Regarding the foul: the funny thing is Sherman hit Powell before Tyrod was at the outer limit of his scramble, so he was not as far "out of the pocket" as some would suggest at the time of contact.

Secondly, Sherman did not look in that direction to see if Tyrod had thrown the ball or clearly left the pocket. I think he just decided to step up and pancake Powell, and let the chips fall where they may.

I think it was Thomas, but he totally knocked Woods off his path to the ball.. Who know's what happens there if he doesn't?

Bottom line...The Bills had 4 shots from inside the 15 yard line to win the game, and couldn't close the deal. Seattle even helped them out by using their timeouts to conserve time, and even that didn't help.

I would say 3 shots. Ther was no blocking avril on that 3rd down. Whether or not he was off sides is moot at this point.

Bottom line...The Bills had 4 shots from inside the 15 yard line to win the game, and couldn't close the deal. Seattle even helped them out by using their timeouts to conserve time, and even that didn't help.

Sherman tackling receivers in the end zone. No flag. But carry on.

The refs legitimately screwed up that game. The Bills should have been attempting an easy FG to tie the game at that point.

The NFL admitted the call at the end of the first half was wrong. What's worse is that the refs had plenty of time to correct the call, but refused. So, how are the refs held accountable? Huge fine? Susupension?

A few HUGE things that are equal, if not more detrimental than the end of the half:

That strange end zone INT by Tyrod

The trip by Glenn

The failure to score a TD in the final minute to win, with a golden opportunity.

The Bills had their fate in their hands, and could not convert. They played a good game. Couldnt get it done.

Extra 3 points on the board means FG ties the game and we go to OT worst case. It also changes play calling on other drives where maybe we would have settled for a FG. So yes they cost us the game. Shouldn't have mattered if Tyrod knew how to finish which he has literally never done

Its not TTs fault he has no WRs and no OL. He is constantly pressured from the right side of the line which is why he drifts left on every pass play. He has to coach his WRs into windows mid play because they cant find opening on their own.

TT is the least of our offenses problems.

Who knows how many things would have changed throughout the 2nd half if the Bills had made the FG at the end of the 1st half. You can't just assume the score would have been exactly the same, and the Bills would have been in a position to kick the game winning FG at the end.

No. The "hot takes" are by the posters whining about the officiating over the last 16 years of sucking, and using the refs as a scapegoat over and over and over again. Not the owner, not the GM, not the coaches, not the players...it's the friggin' officials that are keeping the Bills out of the playoffs.

I give all those peole the credit they deserve but the Hawks have been given basically 3 wins this year by the officials. Thats 33% of the games played. Imagine if the bills had 3 wins gifted to them last year, 11-5 and playoffs.

It doesn't have to be so black and white.

Everyone knows the Bills have sucked and can't close out games. However, on a game-by-game basis, it's perfectly fine to recognize when the refs legitimately screw up the outcome of a game.

Where's the accountability?

They had on Ryan Clark on the Mike N Mike show this morning and he is defending the Sherman "block".. He claims the whistle blew so late he was already in the act of blocking the kick.. He blamed it on the refs for not stopping the play earlier. but really, no matter how it gets spun, Sherman's play was unnecessary roughness. Same thing as when other players on a field shove someone or dive into a pile after a whistle. it wasn't dirty IMO but it was definitely unnecessary and late. Easy call and that would've prevented all the nonsense of the delay of game and ref standing over the ball till 4 seconds on the clock.

It was dirty and intentional.

He left waaaaaaaaaaaaay before the ball was snapped. He knew he was offside. He dove at the kicker's leg while the ball was dead.

There's no writing this one off. He did it on purpose and doesn't care that it was illegal and dangerous.

That's Richard Sherman. He's an a-hole.

No. The "hot takes" are by the posters whining about the officiating over the last 16 years of sucking, and using the refs as a scapegoat over and over and over again. Not the owner, not the GM, not the coaches, not the players...it's the friggin' officials that are keeping the Bills out of the playoffs.

You forgot the injury excuse. That gets Buffalo every year.

Yet, at WR, Robert Woods goes for 10 and 162 and people still say the receiving group is battered. Charles Clay targeted 4 times.

The Bills are what they are.

And mistake number 3 was Cliff Avril being offside on final play of game, and not to mention Sherman destroying the WR in endzone 35 yards away from the play. Just blows my mind.

Illegal contact on Woods too, who was actually the targeted WR on the play

You forgot the injury excuse. That gets Buffalo every year.

Yet, at WR, Robert Woods goes for 10 and 162 and people still say the receiving group is battered. Charles Clay targeted 4 times.

The Bills are what they are.

Oleary was targeted 0 times. The Horror.

It was dirty and intentional.

He left waaaaaaaaaaaaay before the ball was snapped. He knew he was offside. He dove at the kicker's leg while the ball was dead.

There's no writing this one off. He did it on purpose and doesn't care that it was illegal and dangerous.

That's Richard Sherman. He's an a-hole.

That little shrug he did afterwards did get me

I've come to accept the fact that part of becoming a good team means being able to overcome poor officiating that goes against you.

And you'd be wrong.

How exactly? If a team loses 4 games due to poor officiating would you consider them good?

I've come to accept the fact that part of becoming a good team means being able to overcome poor officiating that goes against you.

How exactly? If a team loses 4 games due to poor officiating would you consider them good?

Because officials can negate plays. Negate the right play and you change the outcome of any close game.

The injury excuse is all the apologist have.

The coaching blows but for whatever reason this is too hard to admit for some.

Not being a dick or anything, but that's an easy thing to say...who would you propose to be the solution to our problems?

I cannot think of a time when the Bills or Sabres were beneficiaries of outrageously blown calls like last night or No Goal etc.

Closest thing I remember is Beebe coming in from out of bounds in the comeback game.

No goal, forward lateral in Nashville and just give it to him dwarf that though. They arguably all into the intent category.

They are covering there back sides. Taylor rolled left. He was not scrambling. They are saying it is legal. That is a reputation call. If that was a guy like Brady, they would have thrown the flag. Powell was interfered with when crossing. The defender makes blatant contact to slow him up. If they are now saying you can knock a receiver down or flatten him when the QB is out of the pocket, that is a game changer.

All those blown calls actually did have an immense effect on the outcome of the game. It totally changes how plays are called, strategy.....everything. Could we have still won yes, but maybe we would've been playing with a lead not playing catch up.