NFL Ref Inconsistentcy

gr8billsfan

How typically gutless if ESPN to not show the last play again and show Sherman's uncalled penalty. An official standing 5 yds away just ignoring it. Why even have rules?

ESPN will never ruffle their masters feathers

SVP is talking about it now, ESPN sucks but I'd like to know what your talking about

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not one to pinpoint one play or to blame the refs. But this (https://twitter.com/Cover1Bills/status/795850386406047744) on the last play of the game is blatantly obvious, right in front of the referee, and would have given us another shot. No excuses for no flag there. Absolutely disgraceful. This league is fixed.

If Taylor was outside the pocket the hit was legal

When the quarterback scrambles outside the pocket, there’s no more illegal contact,” Trufant said. “The five-yard rule, you can’t have your hands on him but once he scrambles out, you can have your hands on him so as a defensive back, they teach you if the receiver is by the sideline, push him out of bounds because he can’t be the first one to touch the ball anymore, so I pushed him out and I knew he couldn’t be the first one to touch it.

I freaked out seeing that at first too, but apparently that's a legal play if the QB is out of the pocket. Which Tyrod was.

Having said that, this ref crew was awful.

That can't be true or anytime the QB was out of the pocket you would just tackle all the WR's

@4joshreed

#Bills Tyrod Taylor: The refs were horrible during the game and should be held accountable

@buffalobills

Taylor: "The refs were horrible at managing it, and made some horrible calls throughout. We're not blaming them, we just need some explanations."

Edited by YoloinOhio

That can't be true or anytime the QB was out of the pocket you would just tackle all the WR's

Once the ball is in the air then all contact rules are back in play.

Nah. I'm 100% sure that wasn't legal.

I'm 100% sure you are wrong.

Just this week Cam complained to Roger Goodell about not penalizing opposing defenses for illegally hitting him.

Rams ref game responded by not changing their stance supposedly, which turned out to be a fairly called game.

Also this week, the Seahawks bitched about being penalized too much.

Refs respond by not calling a 15-yd penalty on Richard Sherman for roughing the kicker OR unsportsmanlike conduct.

Instead they end up icing Carpenter by having the ref sit on the ball until there was 5 seconds left on the play clock and then PENALIZE them.

All-in-all the NFL referee crews are consistently inconsistent! >:[

!@#$in' ruined the Bills chance of narrowing the gap.

Lastly, the inconsistency of ref calling may not affect the Bills weekly, due to us historically shooting ourselves in the leg. Yet it does leave a bruise when it hurts us in unprecedented ways.

Comment on your disgust with the NFL refs.

Refs are horrendous. End of story.

He wasn't looking at Tyrod so how would he know he was outside the pocket. At it was a dirty hit. So much for player safety. What a fag.

He is now my most hated player.

YardsPerPass.com @YardsPerPass 4m4 minutes ago

re: the last play contact once the QB leaves the pocket is ok... but that is clearly the defenseless player rule

Also Woods was shoved off of his route before TT left the pocket...watch the full play again. Don't get me started on Avril being offsides on his sack too

Just this week Cam complained to Roger Goodell about not penalizing opposing defenses for illegally hitting him.

Rams ref game responded by not changing their stance supposedly, which turned out to be a fairly called game.

Also this week, the Seahawks bitched about being penalized too much.

Refs respond by not calling a 15-yd penalty on Richard Sherman for roughing the kicker OR unsportsmanlike conduct.

Instead they end up icing Carpenter by having the ref sit on the ball until there was 5 seconds left on the play clock and then PENALIZE them.

All-in-all the NFL referee crews are consistently inconsistent! >:[

!@#$in' ruined the Bills chance of narrowing the gap.

Lastly, the inconsistency of ref calling may not affect the Bills weekly, due to us historically shooting ourselves in the leg. Yet it does leave a bruise when it hurts us in unprecedented ways.

Comment on your disgust with the NFL refs.

The refs screwed the Bills twice at the end of the first half, one, by not calling a personal foul penalty on Sherman for roughing the kicker, two, by not reseting the 40 second clock after they were on the ball and the clock ran down to :06 seconds. The FG should have counted and the Bills could have attempted a FG at the end to tie instead of having to go for a TD. It's been a while since a Buffalo team has been screwed this bad by refs, but it still stings every time.