My Annual Thank You Post, and a few scattered thoughts.....

Bill from NYC

Believe it or not, I for one prefer the offseason to the regular season on TBD. I love the pre-draft posts and evaluations from our resident experts. This year was of course different with no first round pick. The QB controversy ran the table if you will. Anyway, here goes....

1) Thanks to the mods for doing the work.

2) Thanks SOOOO much to all for the dialogue. We wouldn't be posting here unless we were just a bit over the top about this football team. I mean really.

3) Special thanks to those who disagree with me because I treasure the dialogue. I don't even mind personal insults. :) You are doing me a favor to indulge me in talking about a team that means so much to me, and I truly do appreciate this.

4) Posters on this board amaze me at times. Two posters were very recently having a disagreement in several threads. Another poster (can't remember who) said that they "crashed through the walls" of another thread. Maybe my sense of humor is off, but I thought this was very funny and quite articulate!

5) Tyrod Taylor was my choice at QB. I think that he will earn his small salary and more in two point conversions alone. This kid can freaking run!!! It is hard to picture other teams stopping him when Rex chooses to go for the deuce. His potential to be good is glaring. GO TT!!!!!

6) I am a huge fan of Fred, but I am a bigger fan of the Buffalo Bills. I was OK with the cut.

7) It is SOOO great that posters such as Simon, The Dean, #BADOL, and others are back. As far as Badol.....ok, he can be a bit brusque at times but read his posts. The guy studies and lives this stuff. Then, have a beer with him at Hammer's Lot. He is nothing short of a total gentleman.

8) I hope that Cassell stays. As much as I like TT, the possibility exists that he could bust out. We might really need the veteran presence. Sorry, but I have little faith in EJ. That said, if he gets in and does well, I will be THE first to praise him.

9) Believe it or not, I was OK with drafting Darby. Not by much mind you but we did need a corner.

10) Trust me, each and every season, posters by the dozens call the opening game a "must win." I freaking hate to, but I am going to join the club this season. We truly need this game. The good news? I'm looking at 34-13 Bills!!!!!!!!!!!!

11) Thanks once again SDS for providing fanatics like us for a forum to talk about this football team. Long term friendships have resulted from your work. You rock!

12) God bless you all.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Believe it or not, I for one prefer the offseason to the regular season on TBD. I love the pre-draft posts and evaluations from our resident experts. This year was of course different with no first round pick. The QB controversy ran the table if you will. Anyway, here goes....

2) Thanks SOOOO much to all for the dialogue. We wouldn't be posting here unless we were just a bit over the top about this football team. I mean really.

3) Special thanks to those who disagree with me because I treasure the dialogue. I don't even mind personal insults. :) You are doing me a favor to indulge me in talking about a team that means so much to me, and I truly do appreciate this.

4) Posters on this board amaze me at times. Two posters were very recently having a disagreement in several threads. Another poster (can't remember who) said that they "crashed through the walls" of another thread. Maybe my sense of humor is off, but I thought this was very funny and quite articulate!

5) Tyrod Taylor was my choice at QB. I think that he will earn his small salary and more in two point conversions alone. This kid can freaking run!!! It is hard to picture other teams stopping him when Rex chooses to go for the deuce. His potential to be good is glaring. GO TT!!!!!

6) I am a huge fan of Fred, but I am a bigger fan of the Buffalo Bills. I was OK with the cut.

7) It is SOOO great that posters such as Simon, The Dean, #BADOL, and others are back. As far as Badol.....ok, he can be a bit brusque at times but read his posts. The guy studies and lives this stuff. Then, have a beer with him at Hammer's Lot. He is nothing short of a total gentleman.

8) I hope that Cassell stays. As much as I like TT, the possibility exists that he could bust out. We might really need the veteran presence. Sorry, but I have little faith in EJ. That said, if he gets in and does well, I will be THE first to praise him.

9) Believe it or not, I was OK with drafting Darby. Not by much mind you but we did need a corner.

10) Trust me, each and every season, posters by the dozens call the opening game a "must win." I freaking hate to, but I am going to join the club this season. We truly need this game. The good news? I'm looking at 34-13 Bills!!!!!!!!!!!!

11) Thanks once again SDS for providing fanatics like us for a forum to talk about this football team. Long term friendships have resulted from your work. You rock!

12) God bless you all.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're an idiot.

(Re: #3).

Look forward to your post game thoughts.

I'll second that.

I live for the regular season, and I'm hoping that the Bills make the playoffs very soon so they can throw this curse monkey off their back. Coaches graveyard, QB graveyard.

Stating that, I'm terrified that Andrew Luck will pick on Darby all day long in the opener.

Anyway, I do hope you eventually get over the loathing for Marv Levy / Jauron picking Donte Whitner someday. :D

Thanks for posting this Bill. I enjoyed reading these thoughts as I do your weekly post game comments. Always food for thought. Ditto on your thanks to the mods and SDS for providing this forum and making it such a pleasurable and informative way to expand our enjoyment of our favorite team.

I think this is going to be a memorable season. Go Bills!

Hey, have you tried the pizza logs? They are exquisite.

Oh and, hope I'm not jumping your gig here but...

Spent a little time on the mountain

Spent a little time on the hill

Heard some say better run away

Others say you better stand still

Edited by mastershake

Good point. They should go for 2 pt conversions a lot.

"veteran presence"....meh

Bill,

Although I am the opposite of a Dead fan, I treasure your post game analyses and love the discussion/debate they provoke. May I say thanks for posting #12; right back at you.....I have one more wish: that all of us on this Board could meet in person to watch the Bills win Super Bowl 50 !!!!

I must admit I never Bill you are a bit of an acquired taste. I didn't really get all the mad love directed at you from other posters-- not that your stuff isn't good, it just didn't seem THAT good.

I found myself frustrated that you always quoted the dead lyrics, wondering why once in awhile you wouldn't throw in a Rush or a YES quote or something that showed off your worldliness and wit.

But time went by, and the weekly post-game billy boy posts kept coming, and I slowly got sucked in to the club in much the same way I ended up liking the chubby but pretty faced Jenn Bruce who had a locker next to mine Freshman year-- sure there were flashier chicks, but she was always there and eventually I grew to like her.

So welcome back uncle Bill, if nothing else its good to know that there's one decent human left in the big apple, even if he is completely wrong 22% of the time.....

12) God bless you all.

Agreed on all counts...

Bill,

Appreciate your posts.

Did you see that post from Chevy Van Miller saying he was heading out, because the board on the regular season belonged to you or words to that effect?

Not to take everything away, but I do believe that everyone welcome and the more the merrier - if you agree could you weigh in with him? Maybe your word would count for more.

Unless you're the same guy with two names, I just thought of that

Edited by Hopeful

Bill I look forward to discussions about the defensive scheme. Last year it was you tearing your hair out at the lack of blitzing whilst I loved the discipline. I suspect this year you will love the blitzing and I will be tearing my hair out. I have been left scared by the number of cover 0 blitzes in pre-season and whilst I have confidence in Rex and Thurman I suspect that it will be a subject of debate after at least a couple of games this year.

Look forward to the thread coming after the opener. It is the perfect monday morning at my desk with coffee read.

Edited by GunnerBill

Bill - great post as usual. I have one question...does John Miller's play make you smile a bit? I think the Bills have struck gold on 2 straight 3rd round picks from Louisville....

Edited by JoeF

Bill - great post as usual. I have one question...does John Miller's play make you smile a bit? I think the Bills have struck gold on 2 straight 3rd round picks from Louisville....

I am impressed. He isn't very tall but he looks and plays bigger than the 303 lbs. he is listed at. This is important because the RG should be a mauler imo and is important to the running game. I am thinking/hoping that Glenn is going to have a much better year due to last year's illness, Incog, and his contract. In essence, a good/great season from Glenn could bring him 30 million or more in guaranteed money, easily.

That said, they need to be able to run right as well. Miller looks tough and seems to have that nasty edge. I am going to pay a lot of attention to that kid and expect good things, rookie or not.

I am impressed. He isn't very tall but he looks and plays bigger than the 303 lbs. he is listed at. This is important because the RG should be a mauler imo and is important to the running game. I am thinking/hoping that Glenn is going to have a much better year due to last year's illness, Incog, and his contract. In essence, a good/great season from Glenn could bring him 30 million or more in guaranteed money, easily.

That said, they need to be able to run right as well. Miller looks tough and seems to have that nasty edge. I am going to pay a lot of attention to that kid and expect good things, rookie or not.

And THIS is the element that will be the key to the first game. I'm also a little worried about Luck-to-Darby all day long. The answer? How about holding on to the ball for 9:00 drives? I saw that the other night in the Jets pre-season game - 9:30 or something like that. Think about bringing two beers to the barca-lounger, because there's no break.

Bill, I'm looking forward to your Monday Morning comments this year - PRAISING the O-line for the first time in ages!

I love a few people on this board I don't agree with half of the time, and Bill is right at the top.

And another guy who is great to meet in person and have beers with, which I have done and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I find that a good portion of our differences tend to be rooted in semantics more than actual football issues.

So, I disagree about the ways we disagree.

I would like to add that the board is a better place because of your participation Bill. Matter of fact, I'd say the same about everyone (outside of Fergy) who has replied to Bill's post. We agree, we disagree, we B word, we moan. We get over it and respect the opinions being offered.

The regular season is upon us and it could be the one that breaks the streak. Higher expectations abound. Let's hope that our team is able to get it done...finally.

Bill,

Appreciate your posts.

Did you see that post from Chevy Van Miller saying he was heading out, because the board on the regular season belonged to you or words to that effect?

Not to take everything away, but I do believe that everyone welcome and the more the merrier - if you agree could you weigh in with him? Maybe your word would count for more.

Unless you're the same guy with two names, I just thought of that

I don't make decisions on matters such as these and never have. I have no issues with other posters doing and saying whatever they please. Again, SDS and the mods do the work. I consider myself lucky to post here and have no say in how they combine threads, etc.

Bill I look forward to discussions about the defensive scheme. Last year it was you tearing your hair out at the lack of blitzing whilst I loved the discipline.

True but I was liking the defense as the season went on. The front 4 stepped up and produced great results. And btw, Schwartz did keep some of the schemes that Pettine left behind. I loved it when Robey and/or Searcy blitzed. I fear that we might miss Searcy. :(

My guess, send CVM a PM to find out, BTW, really nice guy, but I digress.

Just guessing, I'd say that CVM was playfully ceding the regular season post game thread to Bill. It is a staple, and CVM, I guess, was respecting that in a public way. He'll weigh in on that thread I would guess.

I guess that those are my thoughts on this.