My Annual Thank You Post, and a few scattered thoughts.....

Bill from NYC

Bill,

I haven't met anyone one on this board but somehow feel like I know you.

I hope our Bills' rip it up this year.

Imagine going back and forth about that?

Thanks so much. I expect a lot of fun from Tyrod. This is stuff we just are not used to. I know it was preseason but that 21 yard TD was flat out spectacular. This kid looks as if he can see any crease. And if they want to gang up on the LOS, Sammy says hi. :) Edited by Bill from NYC

Bill/NYC, great to see you back on the board! Lookin' forward to your posts this season, again too.

Want to add a little something to your 10th point. Agree that the opener against the Colts is big. Because these are the teams that if the Bills are going to make that next step up, these are the teams now that we they to beat. We did it last year in the Packers game. Now it has to be consistently done.

All those years previously when the Bills were getting only 4 -7 wins p/season, those wins were against teams w/ losing season as well. For 14 of the last 15 years, we just couldn't get over that hump, for a variety of reasons. Starting this year, I think now we can do that on more of a consistent basis. Go Bills

I must admit I never Bill you are a bit of an acquired taste. I didn't really get all the mad love directed at you from other posters-- not that your stuff isn't good, it just didn't seem THAT good.

I found myself frustrated that you always quoted the dead lyrics, wondering why once in awhile you wouldn't throw in a Rush or a YES quote or something that showed off your worldliness and wit.

But time went by, and the weekly post-game billy boy posts kept coming, and I slowly got sucked in to the club in much the same way I ended up liking the chubby but pretty faced Jenn Bruce who had a locker next to mine Freshman year-- sure there were flashier chicks, but she was always there and eventually I grew to like her.

So welcome back uncle Bill, if nothing else its good to know that there's one decent human left in the big apple, even if he is completely wrong 22% of the time.....

You're not seriously suggesting Bill quote lyrics from "Yes"? Is there a memorable line from "Roundabout"? Wasn't that their only song, or was it that they all just sounded the same?

Thank you Bill for your insightful posts and for not posting any lyrics from "Yes".

9) Believe it or not, I was OK with drafting Darby. Not by much mind you but we did need a corner.

You are not the Gotham Bill I have known! Are you okay? What's next for you? Creating threads promoting Gilmore as an all-pro? You supporting drafting CBs at a high position is akin to you proclaiming your allegiance to Auburn. What's this world coming to?

I am very excited about TT. I want to limit his running but I'm very excited about his passing talent. He is an accurate passer who throws a nice ball. Hopefully our quality stable of receivers will be productively utilized.

Edited by JohnC

5) Tyrod Taylor was my choice at QB. I think that he will earn his small salary and more in two point conversions alone. This kid can freaking run!!! It is hard to picture other teams stopping him when Rex chooses to go for the deuce. His potential to be good is glaring. GO TT!!!!!

Since I'm sitting here going for the deuce myself early this morning, I wanted to chime in and say this is the most excited I've been about a Bills team for as long as I can remember. I have significant faith Tyrod can get the job done. Our offensive coaching staff is excellent and lives up to our defensive staff, and we haven't had the kind of weapons we have this year. Shady, Sammy, Clay, Percy, Woods, Felton. That's a hell of a group.

I have supreme faith in Doug Whaley and think we're going to the playoffs this year because of all the changes and finding a QB with a ton of talent.

Go Bills!

I do like your thought posts Bill, but you will be proven wrong regarding EJ Manuel. He’s clearly thriving in Roman’s offense and it looks like he has flipped the light switch to the “on” position. Just look at how fast Matt Cassel has gone from probably starter to becoming potentially expendable. That should tell you that EJ not only impressed the coaches, but he probably blew them away with what he did in those preseason games. Cassel is no longer even the second string QB, EJ is the second string QB. Two weeks ago Cassel was everyone’s starter. This is what EJ Manuel thriving under professional coaching looks like.