Charles Clay REPORT: Dolphins won't match offer sheet

This is perfect. Every time the Bills score a TD, my wife starts celebrating. I sit, depressed, waiting for the flag. I literally only celebrate after the extra point. Sad sports life we lead.

Man are we all alike, same with a Sabres goal I just wait for them to say this ones going to be reviewed knowing someone had to be in the crease or something.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's just awful. I think it's a result of the social media age we are now in, and ESPN has really led the way with sports reporting. Sports writers no longer have to work hard for a good story and let their writing shine, they just have to spout the loudest, brashest opinion.

The onus is on us as consumers to be able to separate news reports from proffered opinions on social media sights.

GO BILLS!!!

This is perfect. Every time the Bills score a TD, my wife starts celebrating. I sit, depressed, waiting for the flag. I literally only celebrate after the extra point. Sad sports life we lead.

i refuse to be excited about a win until I see the clock at 0:00. No matter how many points we are ahead. Non bills fans think I'm nuts.

Nope. I'm the same way. The Music City Miracle Travesty has me scarred for life.

Would you be referring to the play that should be called "the illegal forward pass"?

Awesome. Now where the hell is our new OG???

OG? He's been at OBD for months.... Terry Pegula,,, you did mean Original Gangster, right?

So true. I can't even remember the last time I spontaneously cheered after a Bills TD. Instead of immediate joy, always instead hesitation/dread. Is there a flag?!

Am I the only one that is not enamoured with this signing?

I like the player (a lot!) - but I'm with you if you're stressing out a bit over the money, especially with Gilmore and Dareus due. I'm trusting DW and JO to have figured that all out before they signed Clay, though.

Am I the only one that is not enamoured with this signing?

One of the few, but that puts you in excellent "I told you so position" if it does not work out. Personally, I love it, but we are a long way from knowing if it pays off.

I like the player (a lot!) - but I'm with you if you're stressing out a bit over the money, especially with Gilmore and Dareus due. I'm trusting DW and JO to have figured that all out before they signed Clay, though.

They have a plan and are following through on it...they can free up over $10 mil next year just by restructuring Mario and converting Clay's roster bonus to a signing bonus

I am the same way. I have this built-in 30 second delay. I don't think I have ever celebrated a KO return TD. Those will break your heart.

I have thought that too. We would be an easy playoff team with him too-- he is a notch above Cassel.

Man, I don't know. Orton looked pretty bad toward the end of the season. He was flat out awful in the Miami game IIRC. Given his good start, I wonder if he just lost his arm. Good time for him to hang it up.

Question here to ask.

Often when players are franchised, they don't sign the tag, refuse to report to all offseason activities, camp, pre-season and often only report by the week 10 deadline.

In the case of Clay with the transition tag, if Miami had matched the contract, would Clay have then been considered under contract and be obligated to attend all these functions, or be at risk to being fined??

Could it have been Clay to Miami, "I want out, if you match the offer, I won't report and will be a malcontent"? Could that be why Miami quickly declined to match as they knew it wasn't going to end well, so wanted to move on to other potential signings