Charles Clay REPORT: Dolphins won't match offer sheet

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya and it was probably back loaded I am a lot more comfortable with this then earlier

Idk how they match

I don't think they can with that much in the first two years... not with so many guys to sign still (they need at least 5 more UFAs, if not 10) and Suh's massive number next season. Plus Tanny's deal still to be done. I can't imagine them matching without destroying their team in 16.

I didn't want this to get buried in a Poll thread and the other one was down the page a bit

You can do no wrong in my eyes, Pooj. :beer:

Finheaven board was 50/50 on matching the 5/38 but when 24.5 over the first 2 years came out, the almost unanimously said let him go to buffalo. I guess, even if Miami matches we tried our best to structure a poisonous contract

I think they can renegotiate after one year to lessen their cap hit but he doesn't have to agree to it at all. The Bills offered him a lot more over the four years. There's no way they match this IMO. It's a lot of money but worth it. I love the guy. Watkins, Woods, Harvin, McCoy and Clay. Crazy.

Here we go with the #hottakes

@NEPD_Loyko: Over the next two seasons Rob Gronkowski will make 15.2 million. Or 9 million less than Charles Clay. There is a reason why #Patriots win.

Good, maybe now he holds out for a new contrct

any idea if Buffalo is allowed to re-work the contract next year, and this was simply a maneuvering gesture to hamper Miami's ability for this year

it appears Kelly the Dog may have answered my question above

10 mill roster bonus next year really kills Dolphins if they match for 2016

Cap was 2012 NFL salary cap set at $120.6 million regarding that gronk crap 35 mill diff

Edited by The Poojer