Charles Clay REPORT: Dolphins won't match offer sheet

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't mean a thing without a QB? :ph34r:

Sorry...just had to beat the regulars to the punch! I am very excited about this!

Build the line through the draft and one of these QB's must step forward. There will be no excuses for any of them.

So Mike Rodak's ONE contribution to the Clay story these past few days (scanning the transaction wire and declaring that he won't be signed today) was 100% wrong.

I am so glad you pointed that out. F the NE loving Dbag.

Day 1 is tomorrow.

Btw all the Miami people tweeting that he's no Gronk or Graham should be told Suh is no JJ Watt but you pay to get the player you want.

Are these the same "fans" dressed as empty orange seats interspersed with the Bills, Jets, & Pats* jerseys on Sundays?

Are these the same "fans" dressed as empty orange seats interspersed with the Bills, Jets, & Pats* jerseys on Sundays?

Yes indeed.

It's funny to watch their MBs and see how they've turned on Clay now that the $$$ are finally on the table (bad knee, not a difference maker, just average)...

Yes indeed.

It's funny to watch their MBs and see how they've turned on Clay now that the $$$ are finally on the table (bad knee, not a difference maker, just average)...

Why, they sound just like Bills fans once a former player signs/gets traded elsewhere.

It's been pretty entertaining following twitter where the Fish fan opinions sway with the momentum. When it was reported he was going to sign an extension in Miami they were all in on the next Gronk/Hernandez with he and Cameron and he was worth the big money, yadda yadda. Then when it was reported that the Bills were closing in, he was JAG and they are tweeting right at him to spend all his money on snowblowers.

What? What? Where's the pent-up posting pressure? I'd expect at least another two dozen pages of obsession-driven posts related to Clay's signing on the dotted line.

What a disappointment. It's like you were all here just for the rimming. :bag:

Like the way this off season is starting out, get er dun....buffalo!

Dude we just had a baby and about to have the other second one pop in five days or less.

and you" LIKE" the way the offseason is going>

WE HAVE BEEN IN LABOR FOR ABOUT A WEEK AND 3 THREADS BLOWN TO SMITHEREENS BY ExTREMe POSTING.

and you "like it "?

You should punch your self.

What? What? Where's the pent-up posting pressure? I'd expect at least another two dozen pages of obsession-driven posts related to Clay's signing on the dotted line.

What a disappointment. It's like you were all here just for the rimming. :bag:

I am all in !!

He and big red were pretty good and Riemersma adequate but I would still go with Clay. I could see Clay going to 2-3 Pro Bowls which would be 2-3 more than those guys combined. Again, it isn't the highest bar but it is possible that he is the best in 50 years.

What about Pistol Pete Metzelaars??? He had some nice seasons and was a better version of the "big" TE Chandler was supposed to be.

It's been pretty entertaining following twitter where the Fish fan opinions sway with the momentum. When it was reported he was going to sign an extension in Miami they were all in on the next Gronk/Hernandez with he and Cameron and he was worth the big money, yadda yadda. Then when it was reported that the Bills were closing in, he was JAG and they are tweeting right at him to spend all his money on snowblowers.

Yeah, it's a hoot.

It will be especially funny next year when the Bills restructure the $$$ and lower his cap hit to something more favorable...

Here we go with the #hottakes

@NEPD_Loyko: Over the next two seasons Rob Gronkowski will make 15.2 million. Or 9 million less than Charles Clay. There is a reason why #Patriots win.

This is a good point.

Except that top-to-bottom the Bills probably have more talent than the Pats if you ignore the QB position.

While I'm not sure how I feel about the Clay contract, and we're still searching for a QB, overall I think DW is doing a good job building this roster.

Edited by hondo in seattle

JO earning his paycheck...

@BuffRumblings: To restructure a year from now to help MIA, Clay would have to trade a $10m roster bonus for guaranteed money down the road 2017 & beyond.

this is so badass.

Edited by johnwalter

Hyperbole aside is Charles Clay the best TE (assuming Miami doesn't match) that the Bills have had since Ernie Warlick? I would say that he probably is.

Although Clay is not the 6'5" 260 pound prototype TE, I always remember him being difficult to defend.

Should be a very nice weapon for the Bills.