Charles Clay REPORT: Dolphins won't match offer sheet

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they can renegotiate after one year to lessen their cap hit but he doesn't have to agree to it at all. The Bills offered him a lot more over the four years. There's no way they match this IMO. It's a lot of money but worth it. I love the guy. Watkins, Woods, Harvin, McCoy and Clay. Crazy.

Play makers. Love it.

Here we go with the #hottakes

@NEPD_Loyko: Over the next two seasons Rob Gronkowski will make 15.2 million. Or 9 million less than Charles Clay. There is a reason why #Patriots win.

Idiots...salaries go up every year. Comparisons are ridiculous and as long as they are under the cap, who cares? And the reason the Patriots win is Brady

Edited by nucci

Brilliant move by the Bills Front Office...absolutely brilliant...

They have significantly hurt a division rival in either scenario---whether they hurt them by taking a key player from them or hurt them by forcing them to absorb a cap hit they cannot afford next year and have to cut half their roster...

Dolphins are basically screwed either way, no matter what they do, they lose

They have significantly hurt a division rival in either scenario---whether they hurt them by taking a key player from them or hurt them by forcing them to absorb a cap hit they cannot afford next year and have to cut half their roster...

Right. There is little chance they match this.

I think they can renegotiate after one year to lessen their cap hit but he doesn't have to agree to it at all. The Bills offered him a lot more over the four years. There's no way they match this IMO. It's a lot of money but worth it. I love the guy. Watkins, Woods, Harvin, McCoy and Clay. Crazy.

Ha! That was the first thought I had as well. If he becomes a Bill, watch them restructure ithe $$$ next year to be more team friendly.

The Fins decision to use the transisition tag has really handcuffed them...

Edited by Lurker

So, I take an hour break from the board and then the news hits. Unbelievable.

:lol: I actually thought about your post when the news broke. :beer:

Here we go with the #hottakes

@NEPD_Loyko: Over the next two seasons Rob Gronkowski will make 15.2 million. Or 9 million less than Charles Clay. There is a reason why #Patriots win.

Wow, so they have no context to their quote other than to ball wash the *pats. "There is a reason why the *pats win" -- there's also a reason why Buffalo had to pay more than Gronk for those 2 years... to get the fins to choke on it. :wallbash: :wallbash:

Idiots...salaries go up every year. Comparisons are ridiculous and as long as they are under the cap, who cares? And the reason the Patriots win is Brady

Exactly. Comparisons are all the more ridiculous without proper context.

Good stuff here. And spot on.

So Mike Rodak's ONE contribution to the Clay story these past few days (scanning the transaction wire and declaring that he won't be signed today) was 100% wrong.

I hate to defend him but if this was signed after 4 it isn't processed until tomorrow, right?

Is that good or would it be better to not be able to re-negotiate over the first two years as that would also prevent Miami from doing anything, thus assuring they are stuck with this large cap hit for two season?

@salmaiorana: Offer to Clay is absurd. But this is what #Bills have to do, over pay guy like this and hope it works out. Right place right time for clay

7m per isn't THAT crazy. Several here predicted it weeks before the tag based on comps.

I hate to defend him but if this was signed after 4 it isn't processed until tomorrow, right?

I think you're technically right, but he phrased the tweet in such absolute and clumsy terms that he still looks foolish.

"NFLs transaction wire for Tuesday is out. No Bills transactions listed, which means no Clay offer sheet or Harvin signing."