Charles Clay REPORT: Dolphins won't match offer sheet

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP, thank you for making this a new topic, this is so huge for a few reasons, we either cripple miami next year and just sign gresham and prob draft a te in the 3rd (after g in 2nd), or we have a top 10 te and after drafting a g in the second we have improved our offense 10 fold. Ive never been more excited about the bills in my life!!

Thread number 3?

4. Pay attention!

you're good

Yes. Pooj is God for tonight!

Miami has 5 days to counter....looks like we frontloaded this year to prevent Miami from re-signing him

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/17/bills-sign-charles-clay-to-offer-sheet/

Pooj, you magnificent bastaaad! And I mean that in the most endearing way.

What're you going to do with all your free time now that there is no more ClayWatch

Well, personally I'm going to spend some much needed time organizing my sock drawer.

Finheaven board was 50/50 on matching the 5/38 but when 24.5 over the first 2 years came out, the almost unanimously said let him go to buffalo. I guess, even if Miami matches we tried our best to structure a poisonous contract

I haven't felt this good since we got screwed by Indy on Will Wilford's deal.

I think they can renegotiate after one year to lessen their cap hit but he doesn't have to agree to it at all. The Bills offered him a lot more over the four years. There's no way they match this IMO. It's a lot of money but worth it. I love the guy. Watkins, Woods, Harvin, McCoy and Clay. Crazy.

We have a slamming O!

McKellar?

Probably the bricklayer: Metzelaars.

Brilliant move by the Bills Front Office...absolutely brilliant...

They have significantly hurt a division rival in either scenario---whether they hurt them by taking a key player from them or hurt them by forcing them to absorb a cap hit they cannot afford next year and have to cut half their roster...

Dolphins are basically screwed either way, no matter what they do, they lose

Jim Overdorf deserves a case of Dom Perignon. His inner negotiator has been unleashed. Viva Pegual!

what if miami matches....then tries to trade him to buffalo ?

Then we fart in their general direction.

$12 mil a year for this guy over the next two years? Seems like a lot, doesn't it?

I suppose it's relative. Besides Harvin if he ever signs, he's the only pass catcher on the roster not on a rookie deal or cheap contract. They don't have to pay a #1 WR for 3-4 yrs.

what if miami matches....then tries to trade him to buffalo ?

From the CBA:

If a Club exercises its Right of First Refusal and matches an Offer Sheet, that Club may not trade that player to the Club that submitted the Offer Sheet for at least one calendar year, unless the player consents to such trade.

Miami has or stands to lose Wallace, Hartline, and Clay from their receiving corps of last season. Sorry, but Stills, Landry, and Jordan just don't offer the same threat. That's a HUGE hole their offense and no little change in Tanny's familiarity with his receivers.

GO BILLS!!!

Realistically they could. It'd just be a roster purge next year for them. Highly unlikely, considering Tannehill is a FA and Suhs contract

So if they match and keep Clay then the Bills can just go after Tannehill next year. <sinister laugh>