Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

Teams left that hope don’t go WR are JAX, TB and KC trading ahead of us. 🙏 🤞🏻 

Jax has Davis and Kirk on long term deals, I don't see WR a pressing need, Toss in isn't Zay Jones still there as a 3rd WR? That not a bad top 3.

• Like (+1) 1

With all the top CBs on the board one thing I believe we will know tonight. Did the Bills pick BPA or based off their needs? Always a debate between fans. I think the way this night is falling will leave a clear view. 

If Dolphins take Worthy it would be glorious.  It will be the end of this regime in Miami by next year when they miss the playoffs.  Anything but trenches here should get the whole regime fired before Day 2.

Plus side is it would save us from taking a stick figure to try and be a WR1 on an outdoor bad weather team 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

And everything I have been told about Jax has come true so far.... it was trade down and take a corner. I think Miami is the biggest risk but to me that is Worthy or nobody. I think Dallas is going OL. Because they have two big holes at LT and C and the run there is already in full flow. 

I agree with you on all of it but we got people on here who just want to give up picks for no reason to make something happen.

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

Why not talk about the entire defensive backfield? After the starting five of Benford, Douglas, Johnson, Rapp, and Edwards, our best DB is Cam Lewis.😦

Exactly. our backfield is a mess. You lose Douglas for any length of time and it's easily the worst unit in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Rasul played better than White. We have our #1, granted his contract over after this season but can't see us passing a top end X WR.

I agree completely.  I'm not sure the Bills see it that way.  

6 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

BTJ and Worthy will be a Buffalo Bill if they are on the board imo. Its just not necessary to race up and do it just to do it. The WR crop is really deep just sit and relax. It'd be different if they were the last two guys worth taking but their not.

Pittsburgh isn't taking a WR

Miami could but unlikely

Philly No

Jax Possibly

Dallas Possibly

Green Bay No

Tampa No

Arizona No

There are really only 2 teams who could take a WR between us. If someone jumps they jump but I don't think they are going to move up more than a couple spots.

I'm not advocating for a Bills trade up at all, but simply projecting what seems likely before pick 28. If they want ONE of those two guys, or even someone else from the WR pool, they might feel like they need to make a move up to get him, much like they did last year to grab Kincaid. They can't just passively submit to the possibilities of teams trading up in front of them...IF they have a definite 1st round target.

Dolphins were actually practical.  Go figure.

The Eagles won't take one, so, is there one that Beane absolutely needs and wants to secure?  If so, this is the trade to make.  Jax and Dallas could both take WR.  Then, you have to start worrying about the teams behind you jumping up as well.  So, if there is someone Beane absolutely needs, this is the pick to try and get.