Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

The Jets win that trade with the Vikings. They must have threatened a deal with someone else unless the Vikings overpaid.

Since they didn't want a QB despite really needing one with an injured borderline retirement QB as their starter, yeah they only got more picks while still getting to get their guy.

Just now, The Wiz said:

they are playing chicken with another team that wants the same player.  Vikings moved up 1 to be sure they got who they wanted vs another team getting them.  It's not a 1 to 1 trade.  It's a 1  vs 30 trade.

That other team probably being Denver.

Just now, buffblue said:

Scary? Things are looking up but easy on the hyperbole, it is Chicago. Playing in the sorry NFC does help though

NFC North looking like an ascendant division. Det and GB already are legit. Minn was okay moving on from their franchise QB, which is rare. Chi has added MAJOR pieces in the offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gtw3 said:

Same.  i am watching on a military installation on AFN so i dont have any other option and they all seemed genuinely surprised by the pick

If you are in the service, thank you for your service. I have a step daughter in the Army and my step son was in the Navy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s wild!! I mean MAYBE if he was like a raw 19 year-old it would make sense. Penix is like 24 with years of experience. How long before they play him?

it’s nonsense. Trade kirko back to the Vikings for slightly more than the tapering penalty?!?

Jokes aside- all time weird pick

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Didn’t Cousins just sign a 4 year deal? Why would would the Falcons waste a top 10 pick on a developmental QB?

It’s kind of like taking a receiving TE with a top 10 pick and then barely using him.

Cousins is 35 and either way they need to develop the future behind him anyway.

JJ McCarthy was my 84th overall player. I'm pretty much certain that is the lowest ranked player on my board who will go tonight. 

This draft is not a good enough QB class to be the first to ever have 5 QBs in the top 10 IMO. I feel like there were a few years in the early 2010s where people started chasing at QB and the Ponders and Gabberts and Tannehills started being top 10 picks. And then it settled down bit, sure teams still missed on guys but the number of "that's just too early" type picks at QB reduced. I feel like we may be entering another QB chasing era. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, SirAndrew said:

I don’t get it all. If the Jets were going to take McCarthy, they wouldn’t have agreed to the trade. Therefore no reason to trade. Whoever was responsible for that clearly failed critical thinking. 

In an only assume another team was wanting a trade 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

what happens if one of the top corners falls to buffalo because of a run on offensive lineman and the few edge guys?

dont you put that evil on me GIF

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Are people really that pissed that no top 10 team wanted to trade down to 28 for picks they couldn’t use until next year, I mean really? I would have loved Odunze too but the chances of that were slim

Slim?

I’ve got a 45 page thread that says you’re wrong😜

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

it’s nonsense. Trade kirko back to the Vikings for slightly more than the tapering penalty?!?

Jokes aside- all time weird pick

The Raiders must be pissed. They are stuck. I think Denver now takes Nix (who also kind of sucks). I have no idea what the Raiders do.

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

I think it's Worthy or Coleman

I think it’s too early for him but don’t be surprised if it’s Franklin at 28. They spent more time with him than any other prospect. Would like to see a trade down and pick up a 3rd and pick Franklin in rd 2

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Same here…3am for me 😔 

Thats dedication.  

I'm in Japan so it's the late morning.  

1pm EST start time games are rough on me though  haha