Things aren't going well in Cincinnati

I can't fault them for the Hendrickson contact, as he has a deal in place.  Not speaking to Tee in a year, that's weird.

In fairness, they have a lot of young talent that deserve huge deals.  Not everyone is going to be happy

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

I've been telling you guys for a long time that even though Burrow and Zac Taylor have been trying to build a culture in Cincinnati, Mike Brown is still the owner. They pay cash to the cap, so no one except Burrow and Chase are going to get paid.

That being said, they will tell Hendrickson and Higgins to pound sand and make them play out the year. You can bank on that, so for at least one more year the Bengals are serious contenders. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

6 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Isn't Hendrickson the dirty player that deliberately rolled into Allen's leg 2 years ago and then laid a cheap shot on Haushka when he wad with the Jets in 2018?

The Hauska thing was Henry Anderson. I don’t think Hendrickson is a dirty guy, but I don’t recall the Allen thing. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

6 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The Hauska thing was Henry Anderson. I don’t think Hendrickson is a dirty guy, but I don’t recall the Allen thing. 

It was the game on Monday night that Damar Hamlin went down. On our opening drive we went down the field and long after the play was over right before our field goal,  Hendrickson deliberately rolled into Allen's leg and Allen had a noticeable limp when he went back to the sideline

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

It was the game on Monday night that Damar Hamlin went down. On our opening drive we went down the field and long after the play was over right before our field goal. Hendrickson deliberately rolled into the back of Allen's leg and Allen had a noticeable limp when he went back to the sideline

Yes. It was CLEARLY a cheap shot. You could see him look up and then continue rolling into Josh's leg.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Predicting the Bengals try to package Higgins to Chicago to move to #9 if the right player is available still.

Chicago gets: Higgins, #18, #80

Cincy gets #9. 

How many WRs do the Bears need? They e got Moore and Keenan. Not sure it's wise for them to spend more at WR besides at 9 they could get an Edge to play opposite Sweat.

Good news for us then. We are in the era when roster building happens through the kindness of strangers - as in your franchise QB and his willingness to create salary room to keep essential pieces

• Like (+1) 1

The Bengals don't have the money to keep this team together and do the money up front can kick exercise that sustaining a good team takes. Burrow will force his way out of there before there is any question of Allen leaving here IMO.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Cincy would be wise to keep them happy, but this likely ends with trades tomorrow night or Day2

I don't think so. People requesting trades from the Bengals used to be an almost yearly occurrence and Mike Brown always tells them that they signed the contract and now they will play under it until it is over. Renegotiating contracts before they are over is something that he doesn't do. That's why I was surprised when they extended Burrow before they absolutely had to. Remember, Carson Palmer asked for trades for two straight years before he finally took the step of actually holding out. It still took them almost an entire season to finally back down and move him. In the case of Mike Bown, it is partially a belief in strict adherence to the salary cap system that the small market clubs fought for but mostly a lack of liquidity. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I'd offer a 2nd and 4th next year for him 

I’d rather spend a 2nd and a 4th looking for a cheaper alternative. We have to get younger and cheaper. 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

It's nice having a really wealthy owner

It's not a question of "having a really wealthy owner".  Every NFL owner is "really wealthy".   It's a question of the owner's commitment to winning football games over making larger profits.   Mike Brown, like Ralph Wilson, has never been truly committed to winning when winning negatively impacts the team's balance sheet.

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Bengals don't have the money to keep this team together and do the money up front can kick exercise that sustaining a good team takes. Burrow will force his way out of there before there is any question of Allen leaving here IMO.

They don't have the appetite to keep the team together.    The Brown family have clawed their way from Paul Brown owning like 5%-10% of the team originally to now owning 97%.    They could generate some serious cash without relinquishing any control.    If they wanted to.   They do not.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

I don't think so. People requesting trades from the Bengals used to be an almost yearly occurrence and Mike Brown always tells them that they signed the contract and now they will play under it until it is over. Renegotiating contracts before they are over is something that he doesn't do. That's why I was surprised when they extended Burrow before they absolutely had to. Remember, Carson Palmer asked for trades for two straight years before he finally took the step of actually holding out. It still took them almost an entire season to finally back down and move him. In the case of Mike Bown, it is partially a belief in strict adherence to the salary cap system that the small market clubs fought for but mostly a lack of liquidity. 

Agree on how Mike Brown is, but this is a different day and age from 5+ years ago.

This stuff hits the main media guys and it's usually a new contract/long term deal OR they're shipped out.

We shall see over next couple days.  I'd think Cincy would want immediate compensation in this year's draft. 

Those are great players, but Cincy would be in position to draft replacements/value where they are/could be.  

Carolina trading #33 for Higgins makes alot of sense.  Tre, I think there's a decent chance he could get his deal re-done.

11 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Agree on how Mike Brown is, but this is a different day and age from 5+ years ago.

This stuff hits the main media guys and it's usually a new contract/long term deal OR they're shipped out.

We shall see over next couple days.  I'd think Cincy would want immediate compensation in this year's draft. 

Those are great players, but Cincy would be in position to draft replacements/value where they are/could be.  

Carolina trading #33 for Higgins makes alot of sense.  Tre, I think there's a decent chance he could get his deal re-done.

I know Carolina are pretty dumb … but i think they should definitely draft a guy rather than trade for Higgins at 33…

Edited by Aussie Joe