How many passes could you complete?

Ya Digg?

How many passes could you complete?  

224 members have voted

1. 1. If you played all 4 quarters, how many passes could you complete in an NFL game?

• 0 passes
    • 1-5 passes
    • 6-10 passes
    • 11+ passes

does a pass completed to an opposing player count ?...... NO ?!?!? ..... dang it, i had a feeling you would say that

ok...ok.....in 4 quarters.....lets assume (correctly) i'm going 3 and out on every possession and my defense is average.

thats 6 possessions/game  X 3 passes = 18 total passes in the game.

my strategy would be to chuck the ball (the moment i catch the snap, quickest release in the league) as far as i could (15 yards) in the general vacinity of kincaid and knox (no way i could reach  a WR)

of those 18 prayers.....kincaid grabs 2 and knox 1

Final Answer 3

P.S. this assumes my Oline keeps me clean. first contact by defense, of any kind, i'm going down and staying down. get the stretcher.

Edited by papazoid
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If I was QB and the play-calling were real plays? Exactly 0. I'd probably die on the field on the first play.

If I could sit back in shotgun and immediately heave it downfield as high as I could "500" style I'm sure some of those would end up as catches. End up going like 2/25 for 40 yards with 10 INTs

I’m an optimist so I say one. But if I’m sacked a few times before that happens I might be in trouble…

I also think I would score if I played a season in the NHL, simply by being of NHL size standing in front of the goalie in power plays redirection shots (only vaguely on purpose). 

Where you’d never be even close to scoring is in a top level soccer match. Unless you’d take penalties of course. 

The question is dependent on two things.

1) am I able to complete passes like a shovel pass to a motioning receiver?  That’s really the only pass I think I could complete.

2) is the teams goal to win the game or for me to complete a pass?

I can throw the ball 20-30 yards downfield with decent accuracy, but I have no reference to the timing of an NFL play.  I don’t think I could judge a corner/safety/lb in zone coverage.  I also think if someone as bad as one of us was behind center, the other team would bring a heavy set in and drop everyone within 5 yards of the line.  Zero blitz all day and none of us could process and develop a rhythm to complete a pass.

I’m not small (6’2), in decent shape, and can throw a bit.  However, so much of the QB role is pre snap, and then just insanely fast reads real time.  Then the athlete part comes into play.

if I can shovel to a wr? 1-5 passes. If the goal is to complete a pass PAST the line of scrimmage?  Zero. And I’m comfortable knowing I’m correct

• Like (+1) 1

If you specified “ Past the LOS “ or worse “ Over the LOS” then I’m probably at a zero.

Honestly feel I’ve got five shovel passes and or passes to the backs ( behind the Los)  , in me.

Sure would like to make some of that third or fourth string money, though!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

90% of you couldn't complete a pass with nobody there except you and the super fast receiver that gets 10 yards down the field in less than 2 seconds. Now add in the 6'4" OL that you can't see over, the 300 pound DL running full speed towards you, and 65,000 people watching. There's definitely an art to it all. Good luck!

I have no illusions that even fifty years ago as a 20 something I could complete even 1 NFL pass, so I owned the reality and voted a goose egg.

• Like (+1) 1

6 foot 4, large hands, already checking a few boxes. Nothing but shotgun, slants and curls. Against the worst defense and with guys like Kincaid and Kelce I definitely believe I would complete some passes. Scoring might be another story. Plus I’m sure I’d snap a leg before it was over with. If Peterman can do it anyone can.

1 minute ago, JJGauna said:

6 foot 4, large hands, already checking a few boxes. Nothing but shotgun, slants and curls. Against the worst defense and with guys like Kincaid and Kelce I definitely believe I would complete some passes. Scoring might be another story. Plus I’m sure I’d snap a leg before it was over with. If Peterman can do it anyone can.

That’s the problem though. Compared to even someone like Peterman we are all pathetic excuses for humans when it comes to playing QB. 

29 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

If you specified “ Past the LOS “ or worse “ Over the LOS” then I’m probably at a zero.

Honestly feel I’ve got five shovel passes and or passes to the backs ( behind the Los)  , in me.

Sure would like to make some of that third or fourth string money, though!

I did state that shovel passes and jet sweeps aren’t allowed for the purpose of this. I want to know how many people think they can complete legit NFL passes. 

The fact that there are so many people selecting the 6-10 and the 11+ option shows how delusional some people are and how much they underestimate how good the NFL is

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I did state that shovel passes and jet sweeps aren’t allowed for the purpose of this. I want to know how many people think they can complete legit NFL passes. 

The fact that there are so many people selecting the 6-10 and the 11+ option shows how delusional some people are and how much they underestimate how good the NFL is

Sorry

Just read the topic🤷‍♂️

Chalk me up for a solid zero.

• Haha (+1) 1

When I was young I probably would've been able to roll out and hit a receiver a few yards away, today I might be able to hit one of my Guards back. Of course that would be better than just handing the ball to the first player on Defense that wants to plant me into the carpet.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, without a drought said:

With all the fumbled snaps and dropped shotgun snaps, it would really cut down on the number of attempts to have the passes batted down at the line of scrimmage.

Do we get to deal with wind and weather also or is there a roof? 

The game will be played in the downtown indoor stadium

• Haha (+1) 1

I’m thinking that I can complete quite a number of the traditional puff puff pass options…, 

• Haha (+1) 1

This reminds me of that former Syracuse player Matt Tomaszweski who tried to play Brian Scalabrine in one on one. This guy played in the Big East, but only could manage one point against the very definition of an NBA journeyman. To paraphrase scal, Nathan Peterman is closer to Mahomes than you are to him.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

Based on the results so far, there are at least 26 highly delusional people on this forum.

I mean...past history indicates its much more than that, but...staying on topic.

As for me? Maybe, MAYBE one simple swing pass thrown laterally and a short distance, immediately upon receiving the snap.

Anyone watch the Kendall Hinton game? Yeah. And that dude's at least an actual NFL player.

• Like (+1) 2

I might be able to complete a 5 yard out as long as the corner gives a 10 yard cushion and doesn't jump the route.  

I'd then be on a 800mg Ibuprofen diet for the rest of the week due to my aching shoulder.  

2 hours ago, Low Positive said:

This reminds me of that former Syracuse player Matt Tomaszweski who tried to play Brian Scalabrine in one on one. This guy played in the Big East, but only could manage one point against the very definition of an NBA journeyman. To paraphrase scal, Nathan Peterman is closer to Mahomes than you are to him.

"I'm closer to LeBron than you are to me." - Brian Scalabrine

with 2 good TEs in the middle and a great pass catching RB, and the best OL I could get 1 or so.  

Now, I’d likely have 10 plus ints and a 0.0 passer rating.  

2 hours ago, Low Positive said:

a slight difference would be if our sole goal is to complete a pass.  now if we are playing to win with route variety including deep passes, those outside the hash, etc. and not running a high number of plays for a completion,  its likely 0. 

5 hours ago, JJGauna said:

You think you're about as good as Peterman?  Hahahahahaha

Pretty good question and funny topic! Sadly, nothing more than a shuffle pass here. I couldn't generate enough zip to hit on a little slant or curl. At 5'10" I couldn't even see over the line to hit anyone. The thought of what that might even look like is side splittingly funny to me. Yeah... No.

17 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

We've all thought about it, so how many passes do you think you could complete in an NFL game?  For the sake of argument, let's say the pass must travel pass the line of scrimmage, so none of this jet sweep just give a touch pass to your wide receiver type stuff.  

Today at 47 going on 48 and still dealing with my COVID body haha...maybe a couple as I could use my 6'4" height to get a couple short ones like a TE or RB release off a block uncovered.  In my prime, I think I could get some completions in the middle area under 20 yards, but nothing to the boundary which would probably have a near 100% pick 6 ratio hahaha...probably the only outs to the sideline that wouldn't be a pick 6 would be ones that were uncatchable by anyone haha.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Simon said:

Just go with the 'ol Archie Manning

That is the ONLY way I could do it due to a tear in my rotator cuff that just won’t get better this time. I would “have a catch” with my son in high school, but I would punt it to him (or go underhand) and he would throw it back to me. He was the QB and punt returner so it worked out great. He never muffed a punt, even if I think he briefly went brain dead a couple times and forgot to call for a fair catch.  Yes, I still give him a hard time over that when I can work it in.  😋

I’ve got one throw in me then I collapse in pain, so it had better be for a TD!