Jax Josh Allen Gets $141.25M & $76.5M GTD

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/trent-baalke-josh-allen-is-a-cornerstone-of-our-defense

Allen’s deal has a base value of $141.25 million and has $76.5 million fully guaranteed at signing, which is a big uptick on the $24.07 million he would have made under the terms of the franchise tag. General Manager Trent Baalke’s statement about the signing focused on Allen’s value to the team rather that the value of the pact.

This is the 2nd DE to get PAID in the last couple of weeks. Brian Burns also got $141M, but $87.5M GTD. We'll have Rousseau for two more years on his current contract. But if he continues to improve, then that price tag is going to be hefty. 

None of us who realize there are two Josh Allens playing would be worried about it.

It's interesting that LB Josh Allen isn't very far behind QB Josh Allen in annual salary.  But QB Josh Allen will likely have a much longer career.  LB s wear out quicker.

10 minutes ago, Poleshifter said:

Some “fans” don’t even watch the rest of the league play their games.

One must consider that in fact, there are football fans and there are Buffalo Bills fans, both are massive nerds, 😁👍

• Haha (+1) 1

I saw this, and it just verified that there are absolutely no editorial standards left anywhere.  The worst part?  There were TWO pictures of Josh Allen QB, in a Bills uniform.  Embarrassing AF for MSN.  OOPS!!  Looks like the page got taken down.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

3 hours ago, Utah John said:

None of us who realize there are two Josh Allens playing would be worried about it.

It's interesting that LB Josh Allen isn't very far behind QB Josh Allen in annual salary.  But QB Josh Allen will likely have a much longer career.  LB s wear out quicker.

and a massive 3rd contract !!!!

Salary cap is going to continue to go up. Still, up to $30 million on a linebacker/DE hybrid is quite an investment with so many other positions unsettled.

He'll play well barring injury, but methinks Jacksonville will be stuck at that level slightly above mediocrity over the life of this contract. I expect a 7-11 win team with maybe one playoff victory during the time.

This is why the only non-WR I wouldn't be disappointed by us taking at 28 is Chop Robinson. We saw with Von how expensive these guys are in the secondary market. You can get quality receivers on day 2 this year but there are only 3 or 4 potential high upside difference-making edge rushers and they're all R1

18 hours ago, H2o said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/trent-baalke-josh-allen-is-a-cornerstone-of-our-defense

This is the 2nd DE to get PAID in the last couple of weeks. Brian Burns also got $141M, but $87.5M GTD. We'll have Rousseau for two more years on his current contract. But if he continues to improve, then that price tag is going to be hefty. 

We'd have von off the books though, and ideally they add someone else.  He needs to crack 10 sacks to get a big payday though.  

2 hours ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

This is why the only non-WR I wouldn't be disappointed by us taking at 28 is Chop Robinson. We saw with Von how expensive these guys are in the secondary market. You can get quality receivers on day 2 this year but there are only 3 or 4 potential high upside difference-making edge rushers and they're all R1

I would 🤮 if we took Robinson. I'd rather draft Braswell than Robinson. Robinson has a total of 60 tackles, 20 TFL's, and 11.5 sacks in three seasons. That's 20 tackles, 6.6 TFL's, and 3.8 sacks per year. This past season, in 10 games played, he had a whopping 15 total tackles, 7.5 TFL's, and 4 sacks. That's 1.5 tackles per game, .75 TFL's, and .4 sacks per game. Two of those sacks were against UMass and another was against Rutgers. He put up goose eggs across the board, as in did absolutely nothing, against Northwestern, Ohio St., and Michigan. Most college players who can't even dominate at that level, typically don't turn into some monster when they get to the NFL against the best players. I could care less about anything he did in the Underwear Olympics. Dude is a bust just waiting to happen. I hope someone else is stupid enough to make that mistake before us just so it's not even an option. 

Edited by H2o

4 hours ago, H2o said:

I would 🤮 if we took Robinson. I'd rather draft Braswell than Robinson. Robinson has a total of 60 tackles, 20 TFL's, and 11.5 sacks in three seasons. That's 20 tackles, 6.6 TFL's, and 3.8 sacks per year. This past season, in 10 games played, he had a whopping 15 total tackles, 7.5 TFL's, and 4 sacks. That's 1.5 tackles per game, .75 TFL's, and .4 sacks per game. Two of those sacks were against UMass and another was against Rutgers. He put up goose eggs across the board, as in did absolutely nothing, against Northwestern, Ohio St., and Michigan. Most college players who can't even dominate at that level, typically don't turn into some monster when they get to the NFL against the best players. I could care less about anything he did in the Underwear Olympics. Dude is a bust just waiting to happen. I hope someone else is stupid enough to make that mistake before us just so it's not even an option. 

🤣 noted! Just think with a year under Von's tutelage he could put it all together. I'd much rather a WR though, much much rather

• Haha (+1) 1

I guess being named Josh Allen in the NFL really pays...

combined contracts worth nearly $400 million and $226 million guaranteed.

Edited by Big Turk

There must be something about that name that just draws money to it i'm going to run down to the court house & change my name immediately !! 

I'll let ya'll know how it works out ...

Edited by T master