Haason Reddick Traded to Jets

bills742

Wow. Good player. I wanted the Bills to consider him a couple of years ago. I am actually getting a little concerned about the Jets. Yeah, I know, they're the Jets, but they are undoubtedly amassing talent and if Rogers is healthy, he'll likely be an upper echelon QB still because of his incredible arm and on-field intelligence.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3

Ouch. Dude was killing it for Philly in that SuperBowl run for the 2022-23 season.

Hopefully he doesn’t show up as much as he has the past 4 seasons. Guy has talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not worried about the jets, they should finish second in the division since the fish and pats will be god awful, but their lineup is old and injured. 

Rodgers hasn’t had a good season in almost three years and that offensive line is relying on a miracle that they stay healthy.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Depends on what they have to pay him.  

I’m praying for the biggest defensive contract EVER, because it’s the Jets.    😋

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Probably a lot.

His last 4 seasons were: 12.5 sacks, 11 , 16 and 11 sacks.

Premium position , gotta be north of 20 mil I would think 

And we needed him.  We should have made the trade.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

And we needed him.  We should have made the trade.

We need a guy like him for sure.

But that's way too much salary and the bills would have to restructure a bunch more contracts  and backload that reddick contract

14 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Why would they trade him? Cap space? 

Yep I would guess so. He wants to get paid and eagles probably didn't want to invest in him

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

We need a guy like him for sure.

But that's way too much salary and the bills would have to restructure a bunch more contracts  and backload that reddick contract

Well they don't know how to draft one, so might as well trade for or sign one.

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Well they don't know how to draft one, so might as well trade for or sign one.

They definitely need more pass rush, no argument there.

But the bills cap situation right now makes it pretty unrealistic to absorb another 20 plus mil contract. (And trade draft assets)

• Like (+1) 2

As I just saw pointed out on Twitter:

Yes, the Jets got 29 year old Reddick, but they LOST 25 year old Bryce Huff who is coming off a career year with 10 sacks.

Reddick and Huff had an identical 22% pass rush win rate last year. Huff had one less sack on 289 (!) less rushes.

So the Eagles got the younger, arguably equally productive player by signing Huff, then turned around and took advantage of the Jets' sudden need for a pass rusher by trading them the older Reddick and getting a 2nd round pick and $10 million in cap space in return.

So the Jets added a good player in Reddick, yes, but its arguably a wash with having lost Huff, but they got older and gave up a premium pick to do it.

Howie Roseman win, Joe Douglas loss.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

for a conditional 3rd in 2026

I would have done that deal 

it's way more the contract then the compensation. 

We have Vons contract so no chance 

It's hilarious ppl are scared of the Jets lmao.  Their coaching/front office is brutal 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

As I just saw pointed out on Twitter:

Yes, the Jets got 29 year old Reddick, but they LOST 25 year old Bryce Huff who is coming off a career year with 10 sacks.

Reddick and Huff had an identical 22% pass rush win rate last year. Huff had one less sack on 289 (!) less rushes.

So the Eagles got the younger, arguably equally productive player by signing Huff, then turned around and took advantage of the Jets' sudden need for a pass rusher by trading them the older Reddick and getting a 2nd round pick and $10 million in cap space in return.

So the Jets added a good player in Reddick, yes, but its arguably a wash with having lost Huff, but they got older and gave up a premium pick to do it.

Howie Roseman win, Joe Douglas loss.

Rumors were that Reddick was unhappy because he wanted a big extension and the Eagles weren't giving him because his best year was 4 years ago and while productive was seeing diminished returns 

So hey Banner, load up on aging players on the decline 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Process said:

No denying the jets will be much better next year, they've had a great offseason. All comes down to Rodgers and what he looks like post injury. 

this plus weathering distractions. 

And ensuring Hackett truly is a coffee runner. 

3 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Rumors were that Reddick was unhappy because he wanted a big extension and the Eagles weren't giving him because his best year was 4 years ago and while productive was seeing diminished returns 

So hey Banner, load up on aging players on the decline 

it’s all in on one year in jersey 

but sometimes that works. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Jets are going to be good.

Don't they still have Saleh, Hackett, a declining 40 year old qb coming off an Achilles injury, and an Oline that will be on IR by week 6?

• Thank you (+1) 1