Deja Vu all over again - Offseason Jets talk

krf139

Living in Connecticut, I have no idea how I am going to listen to sports talk radio for the next 5+ months talking about how great the Jets are going to be.  With baseball season a week away, the talk on WFAN this morning has been all Jets.  The Jets have won nothing, haven't made the playoffs, have a highly suspect front office and coaching staff - yet everyone talks about them being a real threat to win the Super Bowl. 

Here's Boomer Esiason talking about how they've moved past the Bills.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 15

1 minute ago, krf139 said:

Living in Connecticut, I have no idea how I am going to listen to sports talk radio for the next 5+ months talking about how great the Jets are going to be.  With baseball season a week away, the talk on WFAN this morning has been all Jets.  The Jets have won nothing, haven't made the playoffs, have a highly suspect front office and coaching staff - yet everyone talks about them being a real threat to win the Super Bowl. 

rick james cocaine GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I live in NJ about 20 minutes from MetLife. I have to listen to all of the media hype with this team as well. It is very annoying. Most Bills fans will say that the Dolphins or Pats are public enemy #1 but for me it's the Jets.

I'm really happy that they've put all their eggs in the Aaron Rodgers basket again...I'm very confident that it's going to blow up in their face--again.  I will say though, that the Jets' defense is a problem for the Bills and no matter how bad their offense is, they won't be an easy out for us.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

10 minutes ago, krf139 said:

You could….not listen.

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

I'm really happy that they've put all their eggs in the Aaron Rodgers basket again...I'm very confident that it's going to blow up in their face--again.  I will say though, that the Jets' defense is a problem for the Bills and no matter how bad their offense is, they won't be an easy out for us.  

but but they signed Tyrod Taylor the guy who broke the Bills playoff drought and is a "good QB". Sorry I can't type this anymore without laughing. 

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

They have a really good roster on paper, if you can play out the season like Madden and turn off injuries. 

They do not make it to October.  

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

That defense makes it believable that they can beat the Bills so with a healthy offense, I'm a little concerned. 

7 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I live in NJ about 20 minutes from MetLife. I have to listen to all of the media hype with this team as well. It is very annoying. Most Bills fans will say that the Dolphins or Pats are public enemy #1 but for me it's the Jets.

I had a lot of time to parse this last season.

I don't hate the Jets. Oh, I certainly dislike them, but they haven't done enough to the Bills to make me dislike them the way I will forever hate Tom Brady, Teddy Bruschi and the Hoodie.

What I have come to loath is the amount of attention they get because the team is located at the largest media market of the country. The Jets are the little cousin to the Giants in their own city, the longest current playoff drought in the league, and are betting it all on a 41 year old QB coming off of what is a career ending injury to some players. So, of course, they are the favorites.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

8-9 next year.  Pick between 12-15 and go through more QB purgatory.  

If this happens, then they will clean house. Johnson already said he is not happy with how things are going. He didn't issue a playoff mandate, but it basically is one. Another losing season and JD and Saleh are gone.

• Like (+1) 1

The Jets are old, with a number of key players coming off of significant injuries. They are trying to go "all in" (again) for 2024. I anticipate another losing season for them, followed by a thorough house cleaning and rebuild. I can't see AR playing for more than another year, if he can make it through 2024.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

What I have come to loath is the amount of attention they get because the team is located at the largest media market of the country. The Jets are the little cousin to the Giants in their own city, the longest current playoff drought in the league, and are betting it all on a 41 year old QB coming off of what is a career ending injury to some players. So, of course, they are the favorites.

This is where I am at. The media fawning over an organization that has constantly proven to be one of the worst for decades in football is astonishing. They get a benefit of the doubt in a way virtually no one else does because of NYC.

At a prism I do think they are actually bigger threat currently then Miami as I like a lot of the moves they made compared to Miami and I think they take Miami's playoff spot this year. The defense is solid and offense improved the line while having a good amount of playmakers. I don't think you will ever see MVP Rodgers again, but if he is even top half of the league they will win games and be a thing. With that said there are many reasons to legitimately question what they can do.

No league sells hope like the NFL in the offseason which is what makes it such a fun league.

• Like (+1) 3

Probably the best team in the NFL.

If not them, then definitely the Dolphins.

And NE is sneaky good too.

Anyone but the Bills, that's for sure! :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Honestly, the Pats have a better case for contending in '24.  Most of their games were close in '23.  The Jets were beaten handily in most of their games.  They looked terrible.  Getting AR back will turn them into a top contender?

But neither of those teams are a threat. The AFC East is still Bills & Miami, and the Bills are better.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Living in Florida, the Fins were always my most hated team, however, when the Pats were good, my Fins hate cooled. Sort of an “enemy of my enemy is my friend” vibe.

In the last few years, though, my Dolphins hate has returned as strong as ever!!

• Like (+1) 1

Who knows. But they have improved on paper and were 7-10 last year with Zach Wilson, Trevor Siemian and Tim Boyle. Does a improved roster and full season of Rodgers get them from 7 wins to 11 or 12? Not out of the question. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, krf139 said:

Over confidence in the Jets is as predictable as death and taxes. They are an 8 win team at best. 

• Like (+1) 1

Bills own this division until further notice. Why are we as fans even care about what the Jets are doing? They’re several notches below.

Our sights should be set on the higher teams in the AFC. KC, Cincy, Balt. These four teams are the cream of the crop in the conference. Everyone else is cannon fodder along the way. 

9 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Bills own this division until further notice. Why are we as fans even care about what the Jets are doing? They’re several notches below.

Our sights should be set on the higher teams in the AFC. KC, Cincy, Balt. These four teams are the cream of the crop in the conference. Everyone else is cannon fodder along the way. 

That defense does give the Bills problems at least at MetLife. Lost the last 2 there so they may be several notches below the Bills, but they get fired up to play them and have beaten them with Zach Wilson as the QB twice.

1 hour ago, krf139 said:

LOL.   I don't know of any other team that has been picked so many times to win the Super Bowl by media mavens and their fan base in the off season only to fail to even make the playoffs as the Jests.   The Jests haven't even made the playoffs since 2010 when Rex Ryan coached guys like Darelle Revis, Mark Sanchez, LaDainian Tomlinson, and Braylon Edwards.   They've had 1 winning season and haven't had a winning season since 2015.

59 minutes ago, Success said:

Honestly, the Pats have a better case for contending in '24.  Most of their games were close in '23.  The Jets were beaten handily in most of their games.  They looked terrible.  Getting AR back will turn them into a top contender?

But neither of those teams are a threat. The AFC East is still Bills & Miami, and the Bills are better.

The Pats had a worse point differential by about 50 compared to the Jets.  With the GOAT HC.

Nothing better than this time of year. I LOVE watching each off-season the Jets make these big moves and get their fans all excited only to see the season rapidly fall apart for them by week 6. 

Their fans fall for it year after year, too.Charlie Brown Football GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, krf139 said:

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bdtk52tzkuxs77h10rnh

Dude I'm in North Jersey. It's deja vu from last year.

They're just throwing hail marys 🤣🤣 "maybe he's better that he tore his Achilles because he didn't get beat up" clown show 

Dude is 40. In 22 went 8-9 , granted he'll have better weapons than that team but he's still way past his prime