Jon Feliciano vs Jalen Carter

SCBills

55 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

"Unintentionally back stabbing n hurting Spence"

I mean, sometimes bad things do happen unintentionally. 

You start gesticulating as you talk at a party and unintentionally knock over a glass of wine, or a vase.

You step back and unintentionally bump into someone

You're trying to be quiet late at night and unintentionally step on the dog in the dark hallway, causing Rover to ruckus

How do you "unintentionally" type something on twitter about a teammate (that is hurtful) and hit "enter" to publish it?

I mean, seriously?

Weak, Mongo.  Weak.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

54 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

"Unintentionally back stabbing n hurting Spence"

I mean, sometimes bad things do happen unintentionally. 

You start gesticulating as you talk at a party and unintentionally knock over a glass of wine, or a vase.

You step back and unintentionally bump into someone

You're trying to be quiet late at night and unintentionally step on the dog in the dark hallway, causing Rover to ruckus

How do you "unintentionally" type something on twitter about a teammate (that is hurtful) and hit "enter" to publish it?

I mean, seriously?

Weak, Mongo.  Weak.

Because he was defending another teammate.

36 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Not just on the roster but starting, and the offense sputtered after he was injured. I know, I know, he's a bum.

My friend is a diehard fan and said Feliciano was a horrible for the most part all season long.

Even great teams have holes in their roster. (Just look at the chiefs receiving group)

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

My friend is a diehard fan and said Feliciano was a horrible for the most part all season long.

Even great teams have holes in their roster. (Just look at the chiefs receiving group)

How'd the O-line do after he got hurt? They let the Chiefs D-Line run roughshod. 

54 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Not just on the roster but starting, and the offense sputtered after he was injured. I know, I know, he's a bum.

He's surrounded by far better talent in SF.   He was in for les than 1/2 the Offensive snaps.

You think that the rarified air in the Bay Area suddenly made him, in his 9th season, on his 4th team (3rd in 3 seasons) at age 32, a suddenly much better player?

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's surrounded by far better talent in SF. 

You think that the rarified air in the Bay Area suddenly made him, in his 9th season, on his 4th team (3rd in 3 seasons) at age 32, a suddenly much better player?

Naah, he's a bum. 

• Like (+1) 1

Don't dish it out if you can't take it?  People (carter) say mean stuff to try and get in your head, and his (feliciano) retort was equally mean.  If carter was that offended he couldve pushed him, hit him low later in the game or something, or just generally gone after him.  You're a lineman, you literally get to hit him on like every play if you want.  

1 minute ago, MPL said:

Do we miss this guy? We don't miss this guy, right? 

I don't.  He was fine the one year, then the next year he lost a ton of weight from an illness and just had a huge gut and tiny arms.  I think he ended up on the bench because he still had the pass protection issues, and was no longer bringing it in the run game. 

12 hours ago, SCBills said:

Did I miss something?

Did we conclude that Jalen Carter was NOT involved in the illegal street race that wound up with 2 dead?

The most idiotic street race ever, involving a Ford Expedition and a Jeep Trackhawk?

The one the he was involved in AFTER he had just been cited for driving 89 in a 45 mph zone?

Jalen obviously has serious guilt issues. I agree - trash talking about an opponent's family is off limits. But I don't get why this is. He did it. Deal with it without lashing out at the guy across the line.

The general levels of thuggery in the NFL is astounding, these are supposedly grown men…, 

2 hours ago, wnyguy said:

How'd the O-line do after he got hurt? They let the Chiefs D-Line run roughshod. 

You got to be careful about cause /correlation..

O line could have played worse for many  different ressons and it's extremely shallow just to isolate it to one player going out. (Who's a below average player pretty objectively)

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

You got to be careful about cause /correlation..

O line could have played worse for many  different ressons and it's extremely shallow just to isolate it to one player going out. (Who's a below average player pretty objectively)

Could have played worse for many different reasons? I was watching Feliciano the whole game and thought he was doing a good job. When he went down the Chiefs D-Line made plays. 

Look, I don't care one bit for the 9ers or Feliciano I was just giving my opinion on the situation.

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Did I miss something?

Did we conclude that Jalen Carter was NOT involved in the illegal street race that wound up with 2 dead?

The most idiotic street race ever, involving a Ford Expedition and a Jeep Trackhawk?

The one the he was involved in AFTER he had just been cited for driving 89 in a 45 mph zone?

Jalen obviously has serious guilt issues. I agree - trash talking about an opponent's family is off limits. But I don't get why this is. He did it. Deal with it without lashing out at the guy across the line.

Yeah the reality is that Carter probably should be in prison right now.    Not saying a murder 1 sentence necessarily.........but it was literally just a year ago.........he should have gotten at least a year or more for his role in the deaths that occurred. 

I have a hard time generating any sympathy for him when people bring it up and hurt his feelings.   You do something incredibly stupid and people get killed you have live with public opinion on your actions.   Carter fell in the draft because he's of suspect character and intelligence.   Trying to re-direct scorn for what he did on other players isn't the way to make people forget that.

• Like (+1) 1

The NFL is just a haven for dudes who have zero emotional control over themselves. 

Part of coming into the league should be therapy and financial literacy courses. So many of these guys have focused so hard on honing the football part of their life that they've let their mental stability go to shambles.

It's sad to see. 

I get that these guys devoted most of their time in college to football, but my God — so many of them are borderline illiterate. It always surprises me a bit tbh. 

On another note, Carter's incident was more than an "accident". Dude was drag racing ... on a suspended license for speeding. Speeds of the dead driver reached 104 mph in downtown Athens. And Carter lied to police about even being on scene. 

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Felicano sucks and they are both idiots, but one is an idiot 1 year out of college and the other is a grown 32-year-old male with a family. To me, one is more egregious than the other. 

You’d hope the one involved in a teammates death would have grown up.

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You’d hope the one involved in a teammates death would have grown up.

Yeah agreed. You would hope it would have been a wake-up call, but clearly not. Was it Todd McShay who caught a ton of flack for reporting Careter had off-field concerns? But young people do a lot of really dumb things. Feliciano instigated this all, a grown man with a family who should know better. It's all around just stupid. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.