The Hydes appear to be saying goodbye

Process

1 hour ago, Bills!Win! said:

This is why it bothers me that we haven’t won the superbowl yet. It’s players like this that really deserve it that never get to taste it 

That’s what stung in the 90’s too, man.  I still have visions of when we win one, all the guys will be there celebrating (Jim, Thurman, Bruce, Andre, even Marv)…

I think Poyer could probably play another year.  Hyde seems to be saying goodbye...and probably plans to hang it up.  They are both 100% class acts.  Secondary will be strange without them.

Perhaps Hyde will get into coaching??  Time will tell.

Edited by Nuncha

4 hours ago, Process said:

Him and Jordan were a big part of the turnaround. Not going to be the same without those two. 

She saw the ketchup and mustard enema and stayed!

image.thumb.png.5a504580149dc46bb7f6aa696140b607.png

They did it right order - married,  puppy, son and daughter.  Only thing forgotten was the domicile.

image.thumb.png.6871e45f2166f2069c4b2ce0a0668355.png

12 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Hyde is the man. And if he is indeed done playing, forget coaching, he needs to get into broadcasting. Good-looking, super intelligent and well spoken…he’d crush it. 

Or maybe be teams spokesman for GMs who can do the mental job but not the spoken. 

• Agree 1

Not For Long League is always difficult. Have to enjoy the elite positional groups while it lasts. I still miss that line with Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, rookie contract Dareus and Jerry Hughes. 

Going to be really difficult when it's time for Josh to cross the bridge. 

Time flies.  Buffalo went from having the best safety tandem in the league to the end of the road for possibly both guys.

Hyde was a perfect fit for this defense.  I wish he and his family well.  He'll be missed out there.  

Edited by Chicken Boo

5 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

Thank you for the memories 

I'll never forget his diving end zone pick of Mac Jones in the playoff game a couple years back. What a play.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

Hyde made the most incredible defensive play I have ever seen in a playoff game against the Patriots, when he zoome across the field to intercept a sure TD pass on a wimpy rainbow from Mac Jones.  He took the ball almost out of the receiver's hands, preventing a TD, and convincing the Pats on a very cold night that they stood no chance in that game.  It wasn't long before every Patriot on the field was looking longingly at the bench, where the heaters and parkas were.  The Bills scored TDs on every single possession except a halftime kneeldown, and Hyde's interception early in the game was the dagger.  

I'm pretty sure that year was the last winning season for Belichick in New England, and that loss, spurred by the Hyde interception, was what tipped them over into irrelevancy.  

All that and a great person as well.  If the Hydes leave Buffalo, we'll wish them well, but we'll really wish they weren't leaving at all.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Hyde made the most incredible defensive play I have ever seen in a playoff game against the Patriots, when he zoome across the field to intercept a sure TD pass on a wimpy rainbow from Mac Jones.  He took the ball almost out of the receiver's hands, preventing a TD, and convincing the Pats on a very cold night that they stood no chance in that game.  It wasn't long before every Patriot on the field was looking longingly at the bench, where the heaters and parkas were.  The Bills scored TDs on every single possession except a halftime kneeldown, and Hyde's interception early in the game was the dagger.  

I'm pretty sure that year was the last winning season for Belichick in New England, and that loss, spurred by the Hyde interception, was what tipped them over into irrelevancy.  

All that and a great person as well.  If the Hydes leave Buffalo, we'll wish them well, but we'll really wish they weren't leaving at all.

Unless Micah Hyde wants to be like A.J. Klein and be on the emergency reserve list his career in Buffalo is done. 

He has been one of my favorite players; I follow the Packers and I recommended (does not mean much since no one who can make a difference heard) Bills sign him when he was a free agent.   Packers' GM Ted Thompson made a mistake and neglected to make Hyde a contract offer and later apologized for not being able to work out a deal.

10 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Farewell "Dr. Jekyll and" Micah Hyde, and Godspeed.  I hope in a few years they bring back Hyde and Poyer for a dual WOF ceremony.

They would be perfect for duo initial new entry on Wall of Fame - go together into infinity.

• Like (+1) 1

Class act and the heart and sole of the defense over the last seven ears.  He deserves Wall of Fame consideration.

I wonder if keeping Poyer on the current deal is more likely now as I'd hate to lose both of them.  

Good people. Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer both belong on the Wall IMO. I'm not sure if the Bills would ever do this but I'd even support them going up as "Hyde & Poyer". Because the thing with this pair is the partnership was greater than the sum of its parts. 

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Class act and the heart and sole of the defense over the last seven ears.  He deserves Wall of Fame consideration.

I wonder if keeping Poyer on the current deal is more likely now as I'd hate to lose both of them.  

Yea I think it is. They might lower the base salary convert a bit to bonus and spread it over a void year to kick a couple of mill into next year. I think their plan has always been to avoid losing them both at the same time. One more year of JoPo, let him bring a new guy along not only a player but as a leader. 

Keep an eye on Kamren Curle. 

Edited by GunnerBill

13 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Can not help but think with his stingers this year after the fusion surgery that it might be time for him.   That was a great read and it just sucks they could not be getting ready for Baltimore.   This will be the end of the line for some guys who laid it all on the line including Micah.

That fusion option has so many long term problems, its why I will never fault anyone pushing for a disk replacement. I've seen people worse off after fusion. Hopefully he has a healthy and pain free retirement. 

One of my favorite Bills FA signing of all time. Knew he was going to shine for the Bills. As you get older, it becomes less about the players, and more about Buffalo. These guys come and go all the time. But Hyde was one of my favorite Bills ever. Always did the right thing, was there for good and bad times. 

but his injuries are scary and he’s slowing down. I will never fault someone for getting paid but I think it’s time for him to retire and move on to the next phase of his life. He will be great in whatever he chooses to do. 

• Like (+1) 2

Great player, person and Bill. He also came up with the two plays I will never forget: the end zone pick against the Patriots in the playoffs and the amazing mid-air spin and catch, then run back for a TD against a Miami onside kick. What a great run for both Poyer and Hyde. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.