Gabe plans to test free agency

Einstein

5 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Good riddance. He’s not worth whatever money he’s commanding. I’d rather role the dice with a rookie along w/ a more experienced Shakir and Kincaid. 

What’s with the animosity? Its not like he was your buddy and he banged your important other…, lighten up knuckles, it’s just a game after all, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BBFL said:

Good riddance?

I don’t know man. I’ll always be grateful for his show in the 13 seconds game…

2Pac and King Cade are the future… No problem moving on from Gabe but have some respect for the production he contributed lol

This. 

It’s sometimes sad to read thru how crude the fans speak of these players. 
Lotta classless fans imo. 

I hope Davis gets paid somewhere. Dude has given some amazing highlights and 13 seconds. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

So is Russian Roulette. It’s not a game, it’s a way of life ! 

No it’s not, and when one starts to believe that, it’s time for a second hobby, 🍸🚬🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Does anyone know the formula on who we'd need to lose and how much they'd need to get in FA to get another compensatory pick?

That really depends on how the entire free agency plays out right, we have to lose, guys have to get paid more, than we gain, the amount we pay guys, at least I think I don't really know.

Why does it matter that some fans aren’t polite while expressing their desire to see Gabe go, Davis isn’t here reading and weeping and even if he was, he’d survive.

He was a good player for where he was selected, it wasn’t a home run but a solid double and now it’s time to take another swing in the draft, hopefully in the 1st with higher expectations.

Edited by julian

6 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Good riddance. He’s not worth whatever money he’s commanding. I’d rather role the dice with a rookie along w/ a more experienced Shakir and Kincaid. 

The amount of disrespect Davis gets around here is staggering.  He and Kincaid are both 24 years old.  Davis is already 9th on the Bills all time list for TD receptions with 27.  Kincaid has 2.  Gabe has never had fewer than 6 in a season.  The fact that he has done all of that while earning less than $6 million in his career is incredible value.  When their careers are over, Davis will almost certainly have better numbers than DK.  For some reason, everyone here thinks that Kincaid is the second coming and Gabe is a bum, though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He'll do well in FA. Much better than he'd do with the Bills offer. He is this year's Edmunds.

Good for him. I hope he goes and gets paid well somewhere else.

Moving on.

Same here. He gave us some

good moments, also the tough ones. But I hope the best for him. 

54 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Gabe's possible last impression as a member of the Buffalo Bills....

Seeing how most of Allen's Ints involved Davis failing to run proper routes and fight for the ball.....and seeing as Allen's INTs stopped when Davis sat out.....so long to the overpaid diva known as Davis..Dude committed robbery based on his production. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

Same here. He gave us some

good moments, also the tough ones. But I hope the best for him. 

We need to let him go - but unlike Edmonds I think we’ll regret this one.  He is a good one who will probably shine somewhere.  

remember we ran Robert woods and zay jones outta here too.  Gabe us far better than them. 

• Like (+1) 1

We can be critical of his performance but not sure why fans would go after him and heckle guys on your team. Had high hopes for Davis after that amazing playoff performance against KC few years back. However, he never developed the way you hoped. Best of luck to him in the future just hopefully not on this team.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Does anyone know the formula on who we'd need to lose and how much they'd need to get in FA to get another compensatory pick?

So first you have to have a net loss or free agents, sign less than you lose. League minimum signings do not count. Then contract values come into play.

Their free agent list is extensive:

QB Kyle Allen

WR Gabe Davis

LB Tyrel Dodson

DE A.J. Epenesa 

LB Leonard Floyd

DT Poona Ford

RB Damien Harris

S Micah Hyde

CB Dane Jackson

DT DaQuan Jones

DT Linval Joseph

CB Cam Lewis

DE Shaq Lawson

LB Tyler Matakevich

RB Latavius Murray

DT Jordan Phillips

S Taylor Rapp

DT Tim Settle

WR Trent Sherfield

Guys who are not minimum contract guys are Jones, Davis, Dodson (PFF nonsense), Epenesa, Floyd, Hyde..maybe Jackson, Rapp and Settle. The rest are minimum guys imo. 

So they do stand to lose a lot. Davis and Epenesa are definitely gone. Floyd and Dodson are likely gone as well imo. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

8 hours ago, Einstein said:

Davis told reporters in the Bills’ locker room today that he expects to see what other teams are ready to offer him when free agency begins in March before he makes any decisions about where he’s playing in 2024 and beyond.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/gabe-davis-plans-to-test-free-agency-but-is-open-to-staying-in-buffalo

C ya!!

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Yowza

Not a good look for Gabe engaging negatively with fans

He's good as gone.

And that's ok with me

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Yowza

Not a good look for Gabe engaging negatively with fans

He's good as gone.

And that's ok with me

Bad look for Gabe but bad look for the fan(s) too.  I’m really sick of some of the “mafia” getting into it with Bills players either on the sidelines or social media.  A bunch of a-holes. Just cheer for the team or argue on message boards. No need to make the entire fan base look like fools to everyone and piss off the players.

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Wonder if that’s coming to a Bills Embedded episode?

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Haha (+1) 2

Good luck lol

38 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Bad look for Gabe but bad look for the fan(s) too.  I’m really sick of some of the “mafia” getting into it with Bills players either on the sidelines or social media.  A bunch of a-holes. Just cheer for the team or argue on message boards. No need to make the entire fan base look like fools to everyone and piss off the players.

Lol

fans pay hundreds of dollars to be there.

for many it’s a paycheck.

they have the right to say anything they goddamn want, and you as a player getting millions need to be a professional and suck it up.

shows Gabe as an entitled brat with low EQ. Not surprised.

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

Beasley could be right. 

It's been a while since me and Bease have seen eye to eye on anything, but I agree with what he is saying here about Gabe. He's best off on the Free Agent market, but I have a feeling the team will miss him. AND I hate the fact that fans were classless enough to heckle Davis and any of our own players after that game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's been a while since me and Bease have seen eye to eye on anything, but I agree with what he is saying here about Gabe. He's best off on the Free Agent market, but I have a feeling the team will miss him. AND I hate the fact that fans were classless enough to heckle Davis and any of our own players after that game.

I see eye to eye with him on a lot of things (count me as one who still has A LOT of questions about how public policy was handled the last 4 years) but not on this lol

as a player you need to be the bigger man and know fans are both passionate and paying for the game. You’re getting paid. Huge difference.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Their free agent list is extensive:

QB Kyle Allen

WR Gabe Davis

LB Tyrel Dodson

DE A.J. Epenesa 

LB Leonard Floyd

DT Poona Ford

RB Damien Harris

S Micah Hyde

CB Dane Jackson

sDT DaQuan Jones

DT Linval Joseph

CB Cam Lewis

DE Shaq Lawson

LB Tyler Matakevich

RB Latavius Murray

DT Jordan Phillips

S Taylor Rapp

DT Tim Settle

WR Trent Sherfield

Only Dodson, Jones, and Floyd should be brought back.  OK maybe Dane Jackson.  The rest, we thank you for your efforts for the Bills.  Good luck with your future endeavors.  

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Only Dodson, Jones, and Floyd should be brought back.  OK maybe Dane Jackson.  The rest, we thank you for your efforts for the Bills.  Good luck with your future endeavors.  

Shaq Lawson at $1.3M is a good value for our DE4 spot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.