Would the Bills have beaten the Ravens?

Dan Darragh

Would the Bills have beaten the Ravens?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Would the Bills have beaten the Ravens?

• No
    • Yes

This year i don't think so the Ravens unlike the Bills are for the most part healthy and you can't play the best teams in the NFL and expect to win with back ups . I know if healthy we could have beat KC because for a minute it looked as if we had them but they adjusted and the Bills didn't .

At least this game the Bills put up points i think if they did play the Ravens next week they would have been embarrassed and the possibility of Josh & others getting hurt so although it sucks i think it may have worked out for the better .

And i think that KC won't win next week !! 

Edited by T master
  • Agree 2

Taking down the Ravens was a possibility;  however, realistically, playing 3rd stringers on D we went as far as we could expect.  Also, I believe #14 has been hampered. 

Needed a HELL NO option. That's why as disappointed I am in not getting past the Chiefs I saw the writing on the wall. Ravens are the best team in football this year. I expect them to beat the Chiefs decisively. And they would have blown us out. 

Before last night I'd have said we had a shot.

After seeing some of our walking wounded play, I don't think we would have had enough -- even if Benford and Rapp came back, and if TB came back he probably would have been as hobbled next week as Douglas et al were this week.

The Texans were doing a good job spying Lamar after making an adjustment, but the minute Christian Harris got dinged, that was over.  We don't have a Harris-caliber LB healthy enough to do that job, and we would have needed Taron on the tight ends.  Don't forget, Mark Andrews is supposed to be back next week too.

If there's a silver lining in last night, it's that it saved us from a potential beatdown next week.  At least last night it still went down to the wire.

If ravens played the bills yesterday, it'd be the same with them running all over bills. I'll give the defense of the ravens as better than KC plus home field. Bernard is the key to the defenses collapse but would he actually play that game.

No chance. And I would have said that before yesterday's game as well (which I also fully expected to go exactly as it did).

Between injuries and lack of a real coaching staff (DC as interim HC, QB coach as interim OC), we were never going deep in the playoffs.

The description of "win and be #2 seed, lose and go home" was very appropriate for this team. And while we ended up in that #2 spot, it was an inaccurate ranking for who we really were. As evidenced by letting the #7 Steelers all the way back into the game last week.

Ravens are pretty much completely healthy. They have a full coaching staff, and one of the best as it is. It's their year.

22 minutes ago, Success said:

I think we would have had a good shot.  We wouldn't have the psychological baggage we have w/ KC.

Seems like the Ravens' year, though.

A while ago, the Ravens needed to fix their WR group.  They did that.  The Bills needed to fix its WR group, it failed.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

If Harbaugh doesn't win the SB does he suck? 

No because he already has a SB win and a well documented 13 year track record of great coaching and Head Coaching decisions. And he helped steer his team to a 13-4 record, a #1 seed, and playing consistent football.

This is a better question to ask after the Chiefs game. If Chiefs can beat them, we probably could too. 

As frustrating as it sounds, similar roster construction. Lack of receiving threats, good tight end, good run game, strong defensive line but suspect secondary and second level.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

No because he already has a SB win and a well documented 13 year track record of great coaching and Head Coaching decisions. And he helped steer his team to a 13-4 record, a #1 seed, and playing consistent football.

So he has no excuses.  Team is healthy.  He has talent.  #1 Seed.  If not now, when?  If he chokes he should be fired.  No prizes for what happened in the past. 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, nedboy7 said:

So he has no excuses.  Team is healthy.  He has talent.  #1 Seed.  If not now, when?  If he chokes he should be fired.  No prizes for what happened in the past. 

Cute, but vastly different coaches and situations.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Cute, but vastly different coaches and situations.

Definitely different.  They all are.  You firing Shanahan?   Dude hasn't done anything but choke. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.