Anyone else more low-key about this loss than you thought you'd be?

Success

1 hour ago, benderbender said:

The Damar Hamlin fake punt killed whatever goodwill I had. Our defensive-minded Head Coach, who is the Defensive Coordinator, put the ball in the hands of a backup safety in a low percentage fake punt prayer that his defense wouldn’t have to take the field again. 

I'm still trying to figure out who evaluated Martin and decided he was good to go?

• Agree 2

I'm happy the Bills have run the AFCE for 4 straight years. After 20 years of the Pats embarrassing us, I thought the Bills finally made it. But now we can't beat the Chiefs, in the postseason, when it matters the most. It's getting really hard to take. We have one of the best QBs in the league, and are wasting him.

I know it's getting rough when two Bills fans are having an all out throw down in the middle of Abbott Rd with many people trying to break it up. Then to see the drunk passed out in the snowbank at the 4 corners of Armour was sad. 

Been a STH for 34 years, and I have never seen/heard so much crap after a loss. People are actually losing their minds. One guy behind me on the walk back to lot 3 kept yelling, "I'll never see a Superbowl in my lifetime, never a ***** one". Then at the Speedway in Pembroke, people at the gas pumps were screaming, " ***** this team"

It was quite different than what I normally see. I'm not sure what happened to the dude in the snowbank, but the ambulance was on the way. We checked, they said the po-po and medics were coming.

Brutal night. But hey, like we are so accustomed to saying....there's always next year.  🤮

I’m just crushed there’s no other way to put it

Probably our best chance in years of actually winning a Super Bowl though were no dominant teams this year

It was the KC again

We back from a 10% chance of even making the playoffs for two playoff games home field

They had a beautiful offensive game plan in the first half that was actually working

CrushEd

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m just crushed there’s no other way to put it

Probably our best chance in years of actually winning a Super Bowl though were no dominant teams this year

It was the KC again

We back from a 10% chance of even making the playoffs for two playoff games home field

They had a beautiful offensive game plan in the first half that was actually working

CrushEd

Let's be honest, the Ravens would put 50 on this defense. We couldn't stop a bad KC offense and the Ravens are anything but.

• Agree 2

Not even slightly.    As time passes and experience is gained you are supposed to become more aware of the reality of opportunities or lack thereof.    

The age of the team, cap space, and consistency of coming up short does not bode well for this team.   

I, for what it’s worth, am not as angry or bewildered.   I am devastated.   Heartbroken.   This felt special since 6-6.   Bottom line the better team won.    And THAT means  we aren’t anywhere near closer.   

I still have to go to work today whether they won or lost. Still gotta pay my bills.

This sucks. Wasn’t concerned about the competition from both conferences and felt we had a legit shot.  Just needed a few more plays last night.

2 hours ago, benderbender said:

The Damar Hamlin fake punt killed whatever goodwill I had. Our defensive-minded Head Coach, who is the Defensive Coordinator, put the ball in the hands of a backup safety in a low percentage fake punt prayer that his defense wouldn’t have to take the field again. 

In part because his punter was hurt and hadn't shown he could flip the field. I get the reasoning but obviously the execution was bad. 

I don’t know if it’s because I’m older or because I have a kid but I turned this game off after the chiefs’ 28 yard run following the bills’ punt in the first half.  I’m not numb to it, it hurts, but I can’t ride the roller coaster of emotion. 

If this chiefs team makes the superbowl I’m going to strongly consider taking a multi year break from the NFL or at least a huge step back in the time I invest. It’s become fruitless and a net negative experience. 

• Like (+1) 2

It’s hurts worse than any loss since 13 seconds.  I honestly wish the team would move, so I could stop watching football as intensely.  I know I won’t be able to make myself care less, but it’s just not fun overall.  

Regular season wins are fun in the moment, but it’s a fleeting feeling, as you’re just on to the next week.   We are going to hear and see remnants of this game for months and now 0-3 to the Chiefs in the playoffs is a defining characteristic.  Josh deserves better.  

Maybe the only thing I can do is accept things will never change in this org and this is the best it gets.  Destroy the hope 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Brand J said:

The KC offense played uncharacteristically well tonight. I don’t think a single receiver had a drop. MVS pulled in some great passes, especially the one against Taron up the sideline. The most penalized tackle in the league, Juwaan Taylor, didn’t have a single penalty all night. No false starts, holding, illegally downfield, nothing. And Mahomes made the Bills pay almost every time by finding the open player.

That middling offense which was the worst in Mahomes tenure, looked anything but middling. They looked like a well coached machine. Part of that was due to our injuries, the other part was just rising to the occasion and refusing to be stopped all night, aside from the one punt. They had another gear our defense couldn’t match and I’m not sure they would’ve matched it with a healthy Benford and Bernard. 

Don’t kid yourself, it was 100% us having a shell of a defense. Mahomes had one long run and was a game manager hitting wide ope receivers all night. Little to no pressure, all day to wait for someone to come open. 

I’m not crushed because I’m not surprised. If we could have run in the second half like we did in the first, we might have had a chance, but after Spagnola made the adjustments and our defense continued to get gouged it became pretty apparent that the Bills were going to have a hard time winning this one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I texted a relative before the game,  Bass would miss one to win it, not exactly right but close.   You have to prepare for the heartbreak.   Bass was sketchy all year and I could see the doom coming.   Just like Cook drops    The Chiefs are the standard and draft pretty well, I think Beane over relies on signing too many 30 year old free agents.   Need less draft trades up and more development of young guys.   I can handle this loss, knew the D was banged up and were getting too old on that side of the ball.

Edited by billsfan714

Nope. I have PTSD & I didn't sleep well after. I'm Soo freaking discouraged. Every year I say they won't make it & every year they get me thinking there's a chance (frankly that's every game too). I expect they'll loose, but hope they'll win, then they loose & I'm so upset that what I knew was coming happened. It's like I'm in an abusive relationship. I hate this team, but I love the team even though they keep letting me down.

I feel okay, like the OP.

It was a great atmosphere in person.

The fake punt bothered me, from the stands you could see Hamlin showing he was up to something and the Chiefs ST coach was screaming the fake was on.

Diggs drop and the last offensive series were tough to watch. 

The Big Picture absolutely sucks, but for me it's much easier to take a loss when the Bills are clearly not the better team. They simply could not stop the KC offense last night. The only strategy that worked was pounding the rock and killing clock, but they absolutely had to score on every possession. They even got a little miracle with that touchback play. But all along, it was clear to me who the winner would be. 

• Like (+1) 1

I was probably the least enthusiastic heading into this season that I’d ever been. Nothing changed during the offseason to convince me the end result would be any different, and now that’s been proven. This ending is completely predictable with the current regime. I think we’ve reached our peak, unfortunately. I’d never root against the Bills, but I felt alright during our midseason rough patch. I actually hoped a bad season might bring much needed change next season. Instead we got hot at the end, and they’re going to run it back next year. 

5 hours ago, Success said:

Maybe a weird post - but I was both excited about this game, and dreading it.  I was excited because winning would have been euphoria - but I expected losing to be completely devastating.  As it always has been for me.

I'm actually shocked that I'm in decent spirits right now.  It's nothing like previous losses in high-stakes games.  I usually can't sleep, but I think I'll sleep fine tonight.

Trying to figure it out.  Do I just expect this kind of stuff now?  Just curious if anyone else has a similar thing going on....

I slept OK but when I stirred around 5am i laid there for an hour thinking about the game and couldn't fall back to sleep.  Being older now, the game will wash off me much quicker than when i was in my 20's for the Super Bowl years.  But still, it bothers me that Josh Allen's prime years are clicking off.  His legs and body won't do what they've been doing at a high level forever.  We've had arguably the best player in football here and can't get past Divisional round, at HOME.  

But to answer your original question yes, I am mostly lowkey about it.  I expected it.  Even stuff not having to do with our game had me prepared for a loss.  I harped on it all yesterday that we needed Tampa to win, because home teams rarely go 4-0 in the Divisionals, and they didn't. 

• Like (+1) 1

The game was not as close as it appeared: the touchback, Josh fumble. It's sad to admit this game is on injuries and choices to address the WR situation but it is. Bass was never making that kick. I would not have cared if we got steamrolled by the Ravens. The reason why I was upset this time is now we have to hear that Kermit is our kryptonite and heartbreak never ends. We can't lose normally it's always in spectacular fashion but when the other team needs something, no matter how improbable it just happens.

Going to ramble a bit here…. The playoffs are a war of attrition.  When I looked at who was out (top 2 LB and CB) it didn’t look good.  Then seeing how limited Douglas and Kline were, it looked worse.  Folks are upset that the D-line had no sacks and little pressure.  KC’s interior O-line is good.  If our back 7 is two old but great safeties, 3rd string and PS guys Mahomes doesn’t need a lot of time to hit the open guy.

Am I disappointed that we lost?  Yes.   Am I making excuses?  Sure.   Do I think we need wholesale changes?   Nope.   We need better receivers and probably two new safeties (and to be healthy).   Been a fan for 50+ years.  Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I really wanted to get the Mahomes/Chiefs monkey off our back, but I didn't expect to beat Baltimore if we did to be honest. I'm doing well all things considered. I mainly feel bad for Allen, dude is a warrior. But I believe in my heart he will get one before it's over.

Unlit next year, go Lions!

• Like (+1) 1

Being born the last year this team won a championship, and a Sabres fan, i am kinda numb from the end of the season games. I went into the game feeling we were going to be the only Home team to lose this weekend. Do i care? Yes, want a damn championship before i die. Are we going to get one? Most likely not. Its just another Buffalo sports year to me. Some ups, some downs and another disappointment. Next year, wash, rinse, repeat. Bills lose in second round, and Sabres miss the playoffs.

I’m pissed but not that bad.  We were getting killed on D and wouldn’t have been healthy next week.  Probably not healthy enough for a SB anyway.

I just prayed it didn’t come down to a FG because I knew this would be the outcome. Bass has been broken all season. 

We were playing on borrowed time it always felt to me 

Had a terrible sleep replaying the slow motion nightmare of last night. I'm pretty laid back about most things in life. The Bills are pretty much the only thing that gets my heart pounding with stress and adrenaline like that and sleep gets ruined. That said, today I am numb. It always feels like someone has died when the Bills finally get knocked of contention and I am sick and tired of doing a post mortem about things every year at this time. It will fade in the next couple of days but right now its that stupid childish feeling of sadness. 

Anyone think KC goes up and down the field on Baltimore with those receivers? Absolutely not. So the one saving grace is they likely don't win it again. 

But I'm tired of hoping other teams lose. Or, being "proud" of their effort. Every team in the league puts effort forward. This team isn't anything special in that regard.

Edited by Billsfanatic8989

51 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

We lost the game because Chiefs made big chuck plays and we did not, sorry but Brady is not the answer and far too many runs.

To be fair, that run heavy time-controlling attack is the only defense the Bills actually had this game.

Otherwise KC just scores even more points even earlier.

• Agree 1

I had a feeling at some point the defensive injuries, and lack of good receivers would catch up to the bills, and to some degree it did last night. Bills defense couldn't do anything to stop kc's offense. Our offense couldn't make a play over 20 yards. Josh Allen was the entire bills team last night. I feel terrible for him, but this offense needs weapons and the defense needs to get healthy. I feared the bills would lose this game and unfortunately they did. 

• Like (+1) 1

This loss hurt me more than any of the others. I went to bed mad and woke up mad. This was the opportunity and the Bills blew it. Next year, the Chiefs will have better WRs, Joe Burrow will stay healthy, Aaron Rodgers will play a whole season,  CJ Stroud won't be a rookie, and the Bills are in cap trouble.  I want big and drastic changes but I know that I won't get them. This feels like the end of something.

I was more low key during the actual game bc I'm on vacation and watched it at my brother's house and there were other people there.  If I was at home there would have been screaming for sure.

The weird thing was the drive by myself after the game, Alone in the car it was weird there were times I was playing back the last minutes and honestly had moments where it felt like it was a dream and maybe didn't really happen.

Did not sleep well st all (as confirmed by my fitbit sleep score 😛 ) - just kept waking up and replaying those plays.  When I come to grips with that, then I start thinking about how there's going to be even more of a saturation of  KC/Mahomes now which makes me sick- and then I have the picture of Jason kelce shirtless in the box with TS - omfg.

So now I'll just avoid all sports shows for a week and hope that balt beats kc.  Eventuality you forget the feeling after bad losses but as much as I want to put things into perspective this one doesn't feel any better right now.

7 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

To be fair, that run heavy time-controlling attack is the only defense the Bills actually had this game.

Otherwise KC just scores even more points even earlier.

We had 16 passes completed behind the line of scrimmage,  the offence has been nothing like we saw years ago

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.