What kind of GDT poster are you

If we are having a rough go of it , I stay off became I can’t take the overreaction/negativity.

If we are winning, I post after good plays or play my own personal game of “ You make the call” for those old enough to know.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I was thinking this morning how enjoyable watching the games will be AFTER they win a Super Bowl. As it is now, the anxiety about games gets worse as the season goes on every year. 

Straight up said this to my wife and son over dinner tonight. The desire to win a SB makes it not as enjoyable.

I think this must be what Colts fans felt like before Manning finally won one.

My computer is in a different room than my TV so I occasionally find myself running in to type an observation between plays.

I usually try to avoid it though, so that I don't get dragged into any mod foolishness while I'm trying to watch the game.

Occasionally I see a problematic poster bitching about the game being over in the 1st qrtr and I do them a favor and lock them out because I am a selfless, thoughtful and empathetic man with a heart of gold who always does what's best for others. 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Sounds like me to a tee. 

This is how I can be. I have 4 boys so I try to keep my mouth shut at home so I let it out on a message board. I try to tell myself not to post because I know nobody wants to hear my crap but sometimes I can’t help myself.

22 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Wish I could do this the way you do. I have ended up using this board as a community "hang out" during the game. I don't have anyone to watch with so.....  I really should just turn it all off and watch. 

I'm happy to watch the game with other fans in person that are as into the game as I am, or occasionally at a Bills Backers bar.

But by and large, my days of watching the game with casual fans, people who wanna talk through the whole game, ask a bunch of questions, chat about unrelated topics, etc...are long over.

It's the reason I've been doing "Super Bowl Party for One" for years. I just really love football and want to concentrate on the game. The nuance of it, the visuals, the audio, the commentary. I want to fully take in the game. There are plenty of opportunities to be social OUTSIDE of football. You want to watch the game with me? Great. Let's watch it. You wanna use the game as pretext to be social or to have a party? I'm really just not interested. I don't mean to be a curmudgeon, that's just how I feel. 

As for Tweeting or message board-ing during the game. I don't know. I've literally never tried it. Maybe I'd like it? I don't know. Perhaps I'll give it a shot next year during an early season game.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Yup!!!!!

Now do Elam...."This guy is useless, he just got trucked.  What now, DPI?  What a bust, waste of a first round pick...."
*two plays later*

"KAIIR!  That guy can Ball, Man!  Way to go!"

That exact scenario happened on my couch last week - not on the GDT, but in a conversation between me and my wife. After I got done explaining that he's a liability and I wondered why he's still on the team, he made a clutch pick in the end zone. "That's why!" I said.

She replied, "Just before that happened, I was thinking it would be funny if he intercepted a pass on the next play."

I love that woman. 🙂

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm happy to watch the game with other fans in person....

You want to watch the game with me? Great. Let's watch it.

Awesome; I'll be over for brunch!

Is it cool if I bring some friends?

• Haha (+1) 2

I log on to the GDT and typically post a comment asking the fans to be "calm, rational and patient".

It usually gets a lot of laughs.

I check in on the 2nd half GDT asking how everyone is doing.

That's about it lately because it is a cesspool of gloom and doom.

I used to comment alot in the game day threads, and I still do comment, but not nearly as much. It's honestly hard to keep up with everyone else commenting, and there's massive over reaction to a bad play or whatever. 

Completely irrational. All week I’m pretty measured. 35-40 mins before kickoff, every intelligent thought leaves my body. I just spam the same passive aggressive negative thoughts over and over….or if there’s a chance we actually do something well from start to finish I’m like over the top complementary. Nobody should take me seriously from 30 mins before kick off until the next morning. The lights are on but inside it’s just a fan bouncing off the padded walls.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Simon said:

Awesome; I'll be over for brunch!

Is it cool if I bring some friends?

Sure, there are three rules.

1. Everyone must bring either good whiskey, good weed, or good cheese.
2. STFU during the game
3. Be nice to my cat

I'll leave the front door unlocked.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Logic said:

2. STFU during the game
3. Be nice to my cat

Those aren't rules; those are lifestyles. 🤙

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Logic said:

2. STFU during the game
3. Be nice to my cat

Rule #1 should be- Be nice to your cat. I don't think he'll appreciate being number 3. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm definitely a complainer and highly pessimistic during the gdt. I'll admit it's a bit superstition and a bit coping mechanism, whenever i start complaining they turn things around and make me look like an ass, a sort of cosmic justice dunking on me.

i probably piss off a lot of people but it works.....mostly, lol.

Sorry.

I'm not a fan of the GDT thread, too bipolar for my taste and for the life of me I don't understand how anyone keeps up with anyone else's posts. I'll lurk on occasion, usually when there's a play under review cuz someone might have an interesting point of view 

I’m the type of GDT poster that enjoys going to the opponent’s message board, and drinking in the tears of opposing fans…

I know what Bills fans think, so it’s interesting getting an outsider perspective of our team…👍

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I'm happy to watch the game with other fans in person that are as into the game as I am, or occasionally at a Bills Backers bar.

But by and large, my days of watching the game with casual fans, people who wanna talk through the whole game, ask a bunch of questions, chat about unrelated topics, etc...are long over.

It's the reason I've been doing "Super Bowl Party for One" for years. I just really love football and want to concentrate on the game. The nuance of it, the visuals, the audio, the commentary. I want to fully take in the game. There are plenty of opportunities to be social OUTSIDE of football. You want to watch the game with me? Great. Let's watch it. You wanna use the game as pretext to be social or to have a party? I'm really just not interested. I don't mean to be a curmudgeon, that's just how I feel. 

As for Tweeting or message board-ing during the game. I don't know. I've literally never tried it. Maybe I'd like it? I don't know. Perhaps I'll give it a shot next year during an early season game.

This is me to a T! I do have a group text with friends that we shoot each other thoughts during the game but I can shoot one off quick during commercials.

I find it helps me relax more

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I was thinking about the game and how this weeks GDT may look. Everyone has their own way of coping and really who are we to judge how others do it? Are you the freak out and complain about every last play guy? Are you the tough guy "see yourself out the door" poster?  (Even though you know in your heart why people are worried) 

In full disclosure, I tend to be pessimistic. I'll start with a go Bills. Comment on a couple nice plays and then I find myself saying "I just don't see how things are going to turn around" or some crap like that when they are in a 3rd quarter slump. Then I'll "Go Bills again". I'm kind of all over. 

I don't read GDTs. I'm too focused on the game. I will drop a thought now and then.

When things get bad for the Bills in a game I have to step away, sometimes for a quarter, sometimes longer.  The people with axes to grind against particular players and coaches always proliferate in those times, and I don’t want to say something I’ll regret. 

But I usually can’t stay away too long.  I can’t watch the game with live humans other than my son (who’s away at college) or my dad (who lives in another state), because they always want to talk about something else, and I only want to talk about the game with people who are as into it as I am.  This is pretty much the only place that happens. As for my posting style, I celebrate, I gripe, I analyze, I react…. Like most of you, I’m all over the place. 

I like the GDT.  I post observations, sarcastic comments like when Brady abandoned the run briefly against the Steelers.  I'll put up a gif with a movie reference if appropriate.  Try to have some fun with it.

6 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Knox drops a 5 yard pass: This guy is useless, waste of a contract, get rid of him, embarrassing, just throw it to Kincaid

*five minutes later*

Knox catches a TD: There he is! That's why we have him! Knoxxxxxxxxxxxxx!

From Dropsome to Dawesome.  It's who he is.

I’m a former coach and recruiter so I’m very analytical in all my thoughts, some unpopular. I don’t get raw emotion or nervous until there is a reason to do so. Hope for the best expect the worst being a Bills fan since I was 5, I am now 38 so that’s 33 years of trauma built up

I tend to stay away from GDTs until a Bills victory is well in hand.

Then I will join the conversation in celebration.

I am an optimistic Buffalo Bills Fan viewer and the negative vibe often found in GDTs turns me off.

I believe in positive energy so I shy away from those who watch the game with inexplicable anger.

Edited by HIT BY SPIKES
  • Like (+1) 1

Always optimistic,  even though I'll post some negative stuff after a bad play but we can be down 20 at halftime and I'll be the guy saying we can definitely turn this around. 

This game is going to be intense. Glad I have this place to vent with everyone 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.