Davis, Benford, Rapp and Spector all OUT

Process

Honestly this is good news. It means Bernard has a chance which is crazy considering the way it looked on the field. I already wasn't expecting any of the guys ruled out to play.

Hopefully Benford can be back next week and Davis for the SB.

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 6
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Would like to have them all, but it's the nature of the beast at this stage. The names not listed loom larger than those out though. Douglas, Taron, and Bernard not being listed as out at this stage is good news at least.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Steelers WRs are 10x better then the Chiefs. 

We won’t lose this game bc Benford can’t go.  

Having Douglas Dane Elam should be enough.  

Now at LB….especially vs the run and Kelce is different story. 

Need the D line to have its best game. 

And score 30.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3

Just now, Big Blitz said:

The Steelers WRs are 10x better then the Chiefs. 

We won’t lose this game bc Benford can’t go.  

Having Douglas Dane Elam should be enough.  

Now at LB….especially vs the run and Kelce is different story. 

Need the D line to have its best game. 

And score 30.  

Nothing I have seen from the chiefs this season makes me think we need to score 30...even with the injuries.

Chiefs just put up 26 at home against the dolphins practice squad defense. 

I would not be surprised at all if they don't score 20 points. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hopefully these injured guys will be ready for the AFC Championship game.  The good news is that I heard Buffalo will have professional football players on the field Sunday to replace them.  They won't leave the positions vacant vs KC.  We will be OK for this game.

As my buddies and I talk about,  as long as JA17 is playing, along with most of the offensive weapons, we are good.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is huge.  Douglas covers Kelce and who covers Rice?  If it comes down to needing our defense to need a big stop, we are going to be outmatched in certain positions.  I don't like this at all.  If we don't have Bernard and Johnson too, we are in trouble.  

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

Von better take the shrink-wrap off and do something in this game

I’ll take “Don’t Hold Your Breath” for $1000, Ken. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Rapp is a very underrated injury, especially with Benford out.  May need to use Neal again for that big nickel.

Neal got zero snaps on defense the last game. 

We've seen him try and guard Kelce in the past... lot's of holding calls is about it

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Virgil said:

This is huge.  Douglas covers Kelce and who covers Rice?  If it comes down to needing our defense to need a big stop, we are going to be outmatched in certain positions.  I don't like this at all.  If we don't have Bernard and Johnson too, we are in trouble.  

I agree. IMO we either blow them away by overwhelming them like we did NE in the season opener back in the day or we don't win at all. If we were to win a close one I'd be shocked

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Rapp out means that our 3 safety looks now include Cam Lewis or Hamlin

Both those dude would get eaten alive over a whole game IMO

Cam Lewis has played very well. Not a huge loss there. The loss is the depth. If Lewis gets hurt we’re thin.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Rapp is a very underrated injury, especially with Benford out.  May need to use Neal again for that big nickel.

We have a lot of depth in the defensive backfield and the Chiefs receivers aren’t exactly Hill and Waddle.  Not too concerned.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Process said:

Honestly this is good news. It means Bernard has a chance which is crazy considering the way it looked on the field. I already wasn't expecting any of the guys ruled out to play.

Hopefully Benford can be back next week and Davis for the SB.

Rapp is the biggest one on this list, IMO. There's a pretty big dropoff from Rapp to Hamlin / Lewis. The other guys can be adequately covered for.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Not much depth to absorb more injuries. 

An NFL season is a battle of attrition. So far I’ve been impressed with the quality of the depth filling in, but there are always limits. Kudos to the guys coaching up our depth players and having them ready to step in. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.