Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

Over at Chiefs Planet, someone tried making the point that Mahomes is 1-0 in Buffalo. I love how they think a Covid game played in front of zero fans is a true test of playing here

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Wow, Terry really laying it on the line this weekend.

This isn't real. The guy who posted that should be shot dead as an example of what's wrong with social media. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Playing short handed on D, against that offense, with a fill-in punter and a kicker who has the yips - McD and Brady need to plan for four-down football.  They should be mixing in running plays on third down and be prepared to go on fourth whenever they get past the 50.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

This isn't real. The guy who posted that should be shot dead as an example of what's wrong with social media. 

Joe Pera is a comedian from Buffalo. Are we shooting comedians now?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Drew21PA said:

Look I ranted about this in another thread

idk why people give so much merit to Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid against us - if the bills had lost 3 regular season games at home to the chiefs it would be NO WAY we beat them

instead - we are being disrespected - yet again!

-3 at home?

why?

they beat us in 2020 and 2021?  When they had weapons and Kelce was in his prime ?  Oh becuase that makes a ton of sense?

oh their defense… ok again couple points on that.

1 who have they played the last 2 months?  Stat padding at its finest they are good I’ll say that but against competition?  Yikes. Sorry not scared

2?  Josh lit them up already !!!  And THIS YEAR! (Unlike Patrick Mahomes lit us up back in 2020 and 2021 playoffs because that seems to matter - oh at home in KC - not on the road where he has never played a playoff game)

so spare me the bologna that is the chiefs aura - it’s crap

their last REAL opponent?

you guessed right!!!  US!!!!

Genuinely think we’re in the -4 or -5 range with a healthier defense.  -2.5 actually seems pretty respectful to Buffalo given the situation 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Joe Pera is a comedian from Buffalo. Are we shooting comedians now?

if it would be funny i'd consider him a comedian. :P

but, no, i was not being literal. it's just annoying that somethings can be deemed appropriate when 100% false and fairytale and others that deliver the same BS are deemed threats to modern society.

everyone trying to pry their 15 seconds of internet fame has made it rough.

14 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Kincaid is going to be a good one, Shakir has developed into a solid 4th option…. Cook is still shaky to me. He’s explosive but he also drops some easy balls and seems to have a fumbling issue….also doesn’t seem like a very smart player and at the end of the day he is just a RB…. Their gigantic ***** up(for the 2nd year in a row) is relying on Davis as their number two WR….amazingly Josh and the offense perform better with him out of the line up….that’s how bad it’s gotten with Davis. I’d trade Harty, Sherfield, and Rapp for Hopkins in a hot second and as @HappyDays has stated many times Beane royally ***** up in not signing him…. I do agree they are better off then last year without question and hopefully they find a way regardless of the lack of a true #2 WR!

Shakir and Kincaid are bright spots. Add one star receiver and they'd have one of best receiving corps on the league. I hope Beane realizes this. 

Davis has been a disaster in much the same way Von Miller has been this season: He takes snaps away from more effective players, which is saying a lot because it's not like there's a lot of star power behind them. Hopkins would likely have caught a lot of balls AND drawn double coverage. Davis has done neither. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Playing short handed on D, against that offense, with a fill-in punter and a kicker who has the yips - McD and Brady need to plan for four-down football.  They should be mixing in running plays on third down and be prepared to go on fourth whenever they get past the 50.  

I would hope by now that McD understands playing it safe doesn't get the W.  

I'd rather Buffalo not get into a shoot-out with KC, but if it happens not to get rattled and stay aggressive on offense.  Because KC isn't going to go into a shell.    

2 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Anyone think the Bills might inconvenience themselves by doubling Kelce this game since the KC receivers are relatively weak?  I know Rice and Pacheo may be an issue but the Bills cannot allow Kelce to run free all game with a banged-up LB group.

Kelce is starting to show his age IMO. He is still an absolute key piece and threat for them however I no longer think he has the ability to single handedly ruin games (drops, separation, YAC).

Biggest bummer is it would have been such a great Terrell Bernard match up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

Look I ranted about this in another thread

idk why people give so much merit to Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid against us - if the bills had lost 3 regular season games at home to the chiefs it would be NO WAY we beat them

instead - we are being disrespected - yet again!

-3 at home?

why?

they beat us in 2020 and 2021?  When they had weapons and Kelce was in his prime ?  Oh becuase that makes a ton of sense?

oh their defense… ok again couple points on that.

1 who have they played the last 2 months?  Stat padding at its finest they are good I’ll say that but against competition?  Yikes. Sorry not scared

2?  Josh lit them up already !!!  And THIS YEAR! (Unlike Patrick Mahomes lit us up back in 2020 and 2021 playoffs because that seems to matter - oh at home in KC - not on the road where he has never played a playoff game)

so spare me the bologna that is the chiefs aura - it’s crap

their last REAL opponent?

you guessed right!!!  US!!!!

You would put Matt Foley to shame with your level of motivation!

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Anyone think the Bills might inconvenience themselves by doubling Kelce this game since the KC receivers are relatively weak?  I know Rice and Pacheo may be an issue but the Bills cannot allow Kelce to run free all game with a banged-up LB group.

Agreed.   If Douglas is playing, and healthy, I’m not terribly worried about Rice.   

My concern with their run game is if/when the run outside.  That will pretty much negate our stout DTs.  Hopefully, McD realizes they’re going to try and run outside the tackles and comes up with a solid counter that doesn’t include leaving Kelce one on one with a LB. 

if they can’t stop the outside runs and/or let Kelce release off the line untouched… it’ll be a long game.   Surely we’re game planning to stop all that. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

Kelce is starting to show his age IMO. He is still an absolute key piece and threat for them however I no longer think he has the ability to single handedly ruin games (drops, separation, YAC).

Something tells me that the Kelce brothers are going to announce their retirement together.  Hopefully Monday..

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

To be fair, my demons do tend to skip leg day.

I bet they like the sauna tho

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Yes. MVS and Rice can be problems, but you know Kelce is a problem

the aftermarket ticket prices for this game seem to be easing a bit.  I’m surprised… Divisional Round, the hated Chiefs at home finally, seems like it’s going to be good weather relatively, and the Taylor Swift effect.

39 minutes ago, finn said:

Shakir and Kincaid are bright spots. Add one star receiver and they'd have one of best receiving corps on the league. I hope Beane realizes this. 

Davis has been a disaster in much the same way Von Miller has been this season: He takes snaps away from more effective players, which is saying a lot because it's not like there's a lot of star power behind them. Hopkins would likely have caught a lot of balls AND drawn double coverage. Davis has done neither. 

I thoroughly expect Beane to take a WR in Round 1 or 2 and be willing to burn some resources to move up. No other position of need we have will cost as much money to fill in free agency. What else needs filling that can't be done after the the FA flurry subsides?

Safety to replace Hyde and/or Poyer? They were journeymen when they signed here, we can probably do something similar as a stopgap. Center to replace Morse if we think Bates isn't good enough? We are locked into the money on Von and Groot is set at DE. Oliver is killing it as 1 tech, and you can get gap plugger 3 tech at reasonable rates (Ford, Phillips, I expect to get DaQauan back coming off injury). Bernard has been killing it at LB and he and Milano are looking like a stud combo. 

WR2 is where stupid money gets spent/

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Stads said:

Over at Chiefs Planet, someone tried making the point that Mahomes is 1-0 in Buffalo. I love how they think a Covid game played in front of zero fans is a true test of playing here

They also say they will beat Bills and Texans beat the Ravens giving them another AFC Championship game.

KC team is originally the Dallass Texans so their bull crap is deep.

8 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

the aftermarket ticket prices for this game seem to be easing a bit.  I’m surprised… Divisional Round, the hated Chiefs at home finally, seems like it’s going to be good weather relatively, and the Taylor Swift effect.

too early to buy tickets. i expect they'll fall until saturday and be flat then sell quickly.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Usually will see a decrease as the day of game approaches. Highest seems to be about a week to 10 days out, with a surge immediately after victory securing the game plus schedule announcement. 

One of the main things for me (besides all the injuries of course), I'm curious to see how Brady gameplans for KC defense this time. I'd hope since playing them only a few weeks ago that he should have a little better idea finding ways to attack it.

I really don't expect KC to change up how they play defense very much from what they did against Bills few weeks ago because they had success and gave Josh some trouble holding Bills to only 20 points. 

Would anyone agree with that?

Edited by Patrick Duffy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

If the Bills lose this game, what’s the fallout?

Where do they go from there?

Questions I DO NOT want to have answered.

38 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I thoroughly expect Beane to take a WR in Round 1 or 2 and be willing to burn some resources to move up. No other position of need we have will cost as much money to fill in free agency. What else needs filling that can't be done after the the FA flurry subsides?

Safety to replace Hyde and/or Poyer? They were journeymen when they signed here, we can probably do something similar as a stopgap. Center to replace Morse if we think Bates isn't good enough? We are locked into the money on Von and Groot is set at DE. Oliver is killing it as 1 tech, and you can get gap plugger 3 tech at reasonable rates (Ford, Phillips, I expect to get DaQauan back coming off injury). Bernard has been killing it at LB and he and Milano are looking like a stud combo. 

WR2 is where stupid money gets spent/

Keon Coleman is a name to keep an eye on, but I don’t wanna have to worry about the draft until mid February.

8 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Fallout? Not sure there would be much.

Beane remains GM. McDermott remains HC.

Joe Brady will either be named OC or they'll do a more thorough search. I'd bet on a defensive coordinator being hired, likely Babich or Washington.

The Bills will draft and sign some players. Some players will leave in free agency.

Then they'll line up and play again next year and be top five in Super Bowl odds again, because they're a good team with a good roster and an elite QB. The window is open and will remain open.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Fallout? Not sure there would be much.

Beane remains GM. McDermott remains HC.

Joe Brady will either be named OC or they'll do a more thorough search. I'd bet on a defensive coordinator being hired, likely Babich or Washington.

The Bills will draft and sign some players. Some players will leave in free agency.

Then they'll line up and play again next year and be top five in Super Bowl odds again, because they're a good team with a good roster and an elite QB. The window is open and will remain open.

I don't know. McDermott seems to be having fun at DC.

Though, I wish he'd hire a DC regardless.

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

For the most part this team has been really good in all three phases this last stretch. There have been up and down moments, but largely pretty steady across the board. 

I would love that against KC, but this is a game where Josh may need to put on his Superman cape but stop short of hero ball. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Bills get moved to Toronto, Josh Allen gets traded to KC to back up Mahomes, Jon Bon Jovi is the new Quarterback of the Bills.  The Toronto Bills go on to win 10 straight Super Bowls.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, rayray808 said:

I believe in years past Taron Johnson has been tasked with Kelce duty with good success. 

27 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Questions I DO NOT want to have answered.

Keon Coleman is a name to keep an eye on, but I don’t wanna have to worry about the draft until mid February.

Bills go heavy on D in the draft.  Hire some Carolina assistants, Brady gets OC job, ball boy gets scapegoated for loss and is fired. Rinse and repeat next year...

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

Of course. It is a pipedream. Buffalo doesn't have the market to sell $400 300 level tickets week after week. 

I had a friend listed theirs the other day on social media on the upper deck. I reached out out of curiosity and they said $400 ea. because that is what they were going for on the secondary market.

Early asking prices are always a pipe dream. 

Edited by Mango

2 hours ago, boyst said:

When a comedian tweets something like that it's on people to use a couple brain cells and figure it out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.