Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

Hopefully Rasul is back and they dress Elam.    I respect Mahomes but this is the Bills year  They have overcome too much adversity to falter at home before hyped up crowd of lunatics to a rebuilding Chiefs team.  Josh looked sharp and long as the ball doesnt take funny bounces we got this.  

• Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

So listened to Rich Eisen talking about the game, and he noted that when the Chiefs beat the Bills at home the one time they played recently was in 2020 with no fans in the stadium. Might be a bit of a different experience this time.

Thanks Rich again for this obvious fact that everyone who follows this sport knows.

Again, just so happy the same people stay in these jobs year after year. 

👏

• Haha (+1) 1

Some interesting comments from Morse

- Playoff mentality for 6-7 weeks - you know what works - there was no sexy team meeting - just got to it and it's worked. 

- Coach has let personality show - when stakes are highest has let us be ourselves - took off pressure for making mistakes

- Dunne article galvanizing - didn't divide locker room, had opposite effect of rallying guys not only around the coach but each other - us vs the world.  Narrative Buffalo is a terrible place to be, coach is sh!t - just not the case.  Not what we were experiencing - told 'em to just piss off and we just did our thing - it was beautiful

- McD addressed issue of playing free, don't worry about mistakes - wasn't just words he backed it up

- Embarrasment of riches in offensive room guys have OC experience - not as much Joe Brady being on top - really is a collaboration of all the offensive coaches

- Begging Josh to slide during run - yelling get down, then go go go

- Covid helped prepare for game moving last minute

- Saw Steelers bench getting hamered with snowballs - "Get Bills mafia liquored up, just don't know what's gonna happen"

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

The people have spoken. 2,500 likes vs. only 30 re-tweets: Buffalo will beat KC:

Josh can also be on this list next post-season. He has five wins already, and is only 27:

Edited by chongli

33 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Thanks Rich again for this obvious fact that everyone who follows this sport knows.

Again, just so happy the same people stay in these jobs year after year. 

👏

You’d be surprised how many people, including here, that don’t know or don’t remember that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, major said:

Call me crazy but I think we blow the chiefs out this Sunday night. Thinking 35-10. 

You're crazy......but it sure would be nice!

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, major said:

Call me crazy but I think we blow the chiefs out this Sunday night. Thinking 35-10. 

I think it's possible, for sure.

It would be a little like that Pats playoff game. Finally slaying the dragon, in the most emphatic way possible.  A clear change of narrative.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Rockinon said:

Their rush D is suspect because they are too aggressive at the point of attack. They don't have any gap discipline. Buffalo exploited that earlier in the season. In their effort to get after Allen, they leave running lanes open.  Run the ball. Play action pass. That defense is great with pressure but terribly undisciplined.

Whatever they bring on Sunday, our coaching staff, aka Brady, needs to figure out how to get a balanced offensive attack on them.  They've averaged 22 PPG this season, we should easily be able to move the ball if we get both the running game and Josh going.  

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Cam did win an MVP 

I’m just tired of it… There both awesome quarterbacks but the way some people talk it’s as if Mahomes is on a totally different level then Allen and just simply not the case

11 minutes ago, Success said:

I think it's possible, for sure.

It would be a little like that Pats playoff game. Finally slaying the dragon, in the most emphatic way possible.  A clear change of narrative.

Please let it be true… Most of the time I do like a competitive edge of your seat kinda game but in this case I’m all for a blow out… I’d savor every second of it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, major said:

I’ll go on record and say no chance. I don’t think it’ll be more than a 2 score game either way. Would be happy to eat crow!

9 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Despite what you and some other want to believe...I actually have tons of credibility on predictions, and was one of the few to prediction the Texans not only beating the Browns, but doing it fairly easily which was the case.

And trust me, I know I'm not going to be the only one here taking the Chiefs over the Bills this week. Confident that 75% or more of the talking heads and pundits outside of Buffalo probably will too but obviously doesn't mean it's set in stone...just looking at the historical data and facts which obviously matter until proven otherwise.

I think it’ll be pretty close to 50/50 in pundit picks.  There used to be a cool free site that compiles them all but it now charges you of course

I don’t think it’s someone picking the chiefs that people are reacting to here it’s mostly someone that only has negative things to say trying to pass their pick off as objective 😂. Like if an admitted dolphins or jets fan picked the chiefs it’s totally cool but the ‘I’m a bills fan and even I think the bills will lose because I’m a totally objective and great picker of games’ act is a bit over the top haha 

first three places I checked all picked the bills fwiw I feel like undersold the bills at 50/50 lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

So listened to Rich Eisen talking about the game, and he noted that when the Chiefs beat the Bills at home the one time they played recently was in 2020 with no fans in the stadium. Might be a bit of a different experience this time.

Maybe it had to do with no fans in the stands, but it may have had more to do with the fact that Allen was 2 games out from an AC joint sprain suffered in the Raiders game, and was playing in a linebacker brace.  In fact, the Bills moved the ball and scored a TD when Allen insisted on taking it off in the 4th Q, but our defense gave up a 12 play, 6 minute drive that used all our time outs  and ended in a FG, putting it back to a 2 score game.

Which brings me to what I think might be the real concern.  We had Tre Edmunds, but we were playing without Matt Milano, starting AJ Klein at OLB in his place, and starting Josh Norman in place of Levi Wallace. 

It's really critical what happens on the injury front this week.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Despite what you and some other want to believe...I actually have tons of credibility on predictions, and was one of the few to prediction the Texans not only beating the Browns, but doing it fairly easily which was the case.

And trust me, I know I'm not going to be the only one here taking the Chiefs over the Bills this week. Confident that 75% or more of the talking heads and pundits outside of Buffalo probably will too but obviously doesn't mean it's set in stone...just looking at the historical data and facts which obviously matter until proven otherwise.

I have no idea about your credibility. Nor do I care if others dislike your post. 

However, I will say your credibility takes a big hit when you throw that 75% number out there. No way no how is the discrepancy that big. 

The Chiefs surely can win and there's a viable path and validity to make that claim. Vice versa too. 

This game is about as close as it gets when you analyze the data, facts, trends, injuries, luck, players, coaches, home field, etc ...

You 75% number is more likely around 45% to 55%.

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, chongli said:

The people have spoken. 2,500 likes vs. only 30 re-tweets: Buffalo will beat KC:

Josh can also be on this list next post-season. He has five wins already, and is only 27:

Not that it matters, but "playoff wins" is misleading for coaches and QBs. Belichick and Brady missed out on tons of playoff win opportunities because they regularly had a first-round bye. They bypassed the Wild Card round 13 times via having the first-round bye. That's essentially a playoff win. 

Mahomes/Reid on a similar trajectory with four first-round byes in six years. Granted, only one team gets that prize these days. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

Some interesting comments from Morse

- Playoff mentality for 6-7 weeks - you know what works - there was no sexy team meeting - just got to it and it's worked. 

- Coach has let personality show - when stakes are highest has let us be ourselves - took off pressure for making mistakes

- Dunne article galvanizing - didn't divide locker room, had opposite effect of rallying guys not only around the coach but each other - us vs the world.  Narrative Buffalo is a terrible place to be, coach is sh!t - just not the case.  Not what we were experiencing - told 'em to just piss off and we just did our thing - it was beautiful

- McD addressed issue of playing free, don't worry about mistakes - wasn't just words he backed it up

- Embarrasment of riches in offensive room guys have OC experience - not as much Joe Brady being on top - really is a collaboration of all the offensive coaches

- Begging Josh to slide during run - yelling get down, then go go go

- Covid helped prepare for game moving last minute

- Saw Steelers bench getting hamered with snowballs - "Get Bills mafia liquored up, just don't know what's gonna happen"

I thought he said they had 5 guys with OC experience, and now that Dorsey's gone I was trying to figure that out

-Aaron Kromer 2013-2014 Chicago

-Rob Boras 2015-2016 Rams

-Mike Shula 3 different teams between 1996-1999, 2013-2019

and of course Joe Brady

am I missing something?

Re Steelers bench getting hammered with snowballs, at least we didn't have nonsense about giving the Bills a penalty.  In fact I don't recall hearing anything about it during the game. Tomlin must have told them, there's going to be snow in the stands, the fans are going to throw snowballs at you, just deal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.