Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

On 1/19/2024 at 10:18 AM, BernieBill said:

If the Bills lose, you fire McDermott, period.  No more excuses.  You have the game at home ... as you had Cincinnati at home last year ... don't care about division titles, playoff appearances, Wild Card round victories ... if the Bills lose again at home in the playoffs, you have to change the regime, it will have been proven without doubt that McDermott simply cannot get the Bills over the hump.

Man this comment aged well ...

On 1/18/2024 at 6:03 PM, eball said:

One thing I find curious is that I’ve posted in a couple different threads how Mahomes has never faced the sort of environment he’s coming into Sunday…never.  Every playoff game at home.  Super Bowls at a neutral site.  It’s as if the naysayers completely disregard the impact this could have on the KC offense and their ability to communicate.  And they don’t have an explosive offense.

If none of the injured guys on D are able to play it could be a close game but the Bills will win.  If two or three of them are back, it’s a 10 point win.  Book it.

Happy to eat crow if I’m wrong (but I won’t be).

Go Bills!!!  15 and 6, Babyyyyyy!!!!

Here to eat my crow, but there is NO reason the Bills should have lost that game.  No, we couldn't stop Mahomes but the offensive plan was brilliant for most of the night -- move the ball methodically and control the clock.  We were too predictable with some of the 1st down runs in the 2nd half but still, at the end of the game, had a chance.  Josh ignored two easy "layups" on the final two plays before the missed FG...and then, of course, 45-yard FGs should be automatic in this day and age.

I do think a healthy Bernard in the middle would have made a difference but that's just an excuse.  Catches by Sherfield and Diggs on dimes by Josh would have helped also.

This one just sucks, plain and simple.

• Agree 1

On 1/20/2024 at 10:26 PM, BobBelcher said:

Probably yes, considering all of these injuries seem short term.  And that also assumes nobody else gets hurt against KC.  

Bills now know they can beat KC.  They are 2-0 vs. KC since "13 seconds".  They match up much better against KC than Cincinnati.   Now, they need to do it when it matters most, in the playoffs.  I can't even accept the idea of Bills losing to KC again.  I hope the players feel the same way.  It simply CAN'T HAPPEN AGAIN.   For 3 of your last 4 seasons to end at the hands of KC???  It can't happen.   I want ALLEN to be the one going up to Mahomes after the game saying "Amazing game bro.  We are gonna keep on doing this for years!"    or whatever BS Mahomes said to Allen after 13 seconds,  and I want to see if Mahomes will show the same sportsmanship that Allen did, in that moment   (bet he doesn't!)

This loss was inexcusable. They finally got KC at home when it mattered most. KC has been vulnerable all year. The fans brought it this game. That was the most hostile environment KC has played in the playoffs. Team let the fans down. We can’t be celebrating regular season wins over KC while getting owned when it matters most. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2024 at 6:15 PM, Starr Almighty said:

Let me try to explain this to you since you can't do simple math. The Bills rushed for 2212 yards.

James Cook had 1122 that is just a little bit over half since you are poor in math

Josh had 524

The rest of the team had 566 combined.

Maybe you are the one that doesn't know football and aren't watching the games. 

The Bills do not in anyway call for QB runs the way they used to in the past. When there's nothing there Josh takes off like he did vs the Steelers for 52 yards. He obviously had to do the QB sneaks because he's the QB 

So basically 75-80% of the rushing yards did not come from Josh Allen.

This still doesn't change the fact you said a running QB never won the Superbowl and were WRONG because Steve Young,  Elway did 

Read em and weep. 2nd and 2 from the Buf 33 at 13:38 Cook  -3 yards

1st and 10 from the Buf 20 after the kc fumble to touch back James Cook -4

1st and 10 from the kc 27 Cook 1 yard.  

Dude averaged -2 in the clutch. 

Hall of famer Steve Young comes to say Allen is asked to do too much and all you guys think is he needs pass catchers. Kelly said it the year before. Guess what, even Beane doesn't ask him to catch passes.

Furthermore, entering Allen's 7th year the regime has yet to provide him with a backfield mate. I think it's high time the fans quit giving these guys a pass. How about a little effort.

On 1/18/2024 at 2:27 PM, Sestak4ever said:

Steve Young was a really great running quarterback.

58 superbowls and not 1 won by a running qb. Steve Young was already quoted on this forum as saying Josh is asked to do too much. Why? Cause Steve Young was not a running qb by design. He has Craig Waters and Rathman. He wasn't the teams best rusher with designed runs for 8 like there are for 17.  When the over under is set above 60 for guys like Allen and Jackson it's because they are running qbs.

On 2/1/2024 at 12:19 AM, 1onemangang7 said:

Read em and weep. 2nd and 2 from the Buf 33 at 13:38 Cook  -3 yards

1st and 10 from the Buf 20 after the kc fumble to touch back James Cook -4

1st and 10 from the kc 27 Cook 1 yard.  

Dude averaged -2 in the clutch. 

Hall of famer Steve Young comes to say Allen is asked to do too much and all you guys think is he needs pass catchers. Kelly said it the year before. Guess what, even Beane doesn't ask him to catch passes.

Furthermore, entering Allen's 7th year the regime has yet to provide him with a backfield mate. I think it's high time the fans quit giving these guys a pass. How about a little effort.

1 game is more important than an entire season. I didn't say Cook was a beast. I said he has done more running this season than in seasons past. He took some not all of the load off Josh.

On 2/1/2024 at 2:15 AM, 1onemangang7 said:

58 superbowls and not 1 won by a running qb. Steve Young was already quoted on this forum as saying Josh is asked to do too much. Why? Cause Steve Young was not a running qb by design. He has Craig Waters and Rathman. He wasn't the teams best rusher with designed runs for 8 like there are for 17.  When the over under is set above 60 for guys like Allen and Jackson it's because they are running qbs.

Fair point but guys like Young, Montana, Elway, Staubach, Tarkenton(I know he didn't win one but he played in four), and Rodgers were all considered at least mobile QBs. I may be missing a guy or two. 

Josh needs to get better as a passer and our OC needs to design easier plays to get yards. 

21 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Fair point but guys like Young, Montana, Elway, Staubach, Tarkenton(I know he didn't win one but he played in four), and Rodgers were all considered at least mobile QBs. I may be missing a guy or two. 

Mahomes ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.