Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

24 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Who played in like 6 straight AFCCG's, 3 SB's, winning two....that is what separates him.  Don't like it?  We know what Josh has to do....

I don't buy it.

You put Allen on a given team for the year and do the same for Mahomes.  Compare them on the same team and coaches.

Allen is the better QB.   

Mahomes has had the better surrounding cast during that run.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

How do you figure? 

3rd game against the top dog in the AFC since McD tenure, Bills are 0-2 against them in the playoffs…. This time it’s in OP and they aren’t the Chiefs of the past few years. If you can beat them now hard to imagine McD ever will in the playoffs. 

See this is how pessimistic a take it is, it completely lines up with @ScottLaw's ideology of sad sack worst case scenario way of thinking.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

I want to apologize in advance for this question ... but does anyone have a guess where opposing teams wives/girlfriends/family typically sit ? My wife is a huge Taylor swift fan and I'm thinking I could kill two birds with one stone when I buy tickets for the game. Would it be the Pepsi Club? 

Highly doubt they’re gonna put her in with general public. She’ll be in a private suite with security so nobody can get close.

kc isn't going to win kicking field goals. miami d even with all the injuries held up pretty well. their offense just got shut down.  

Allen is gonna have to be more efficient than his last game in kc and get us to 28 and win this game. 

5 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Pacheco was out for the last game.  This alone scares me.  Especially with Bernard being out.

After back to back 100 yard games, last night Harris was held to 12 carries and 37 yards. And a good chunk of that was without Bernard.

Buffalo has played well against the run. Pacheco is a good back, but we can play the _____ was out for last game thought exercise for every game.  They didn't have Pacheco. We didn't have DQ Jones. Balances out some. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

WGR brought this up earlier and I agree. Bills Mafia is great, and with that said, I wish they would channel their ability to make noise  earlier on - i.e., when the opponent is actually communicating with itself. We get super loud when they are at the line - and that’s great because false starts help - but so do delay of game penalties and missed protection due to restricted communications. Get loud at kickoff and don’t stop making noise for any second during which the Chiefs have the ball!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I think too much is being made about the extra KC rest and to some extent the injuries. 

The Bills played a home game late Monday afternoon and play another home game on Sunday night.  Honestly, that's plenty of rest, especially when you consider the adrenaline of the moment and not having to travel.

As for injuries, the Bills don't need every single player back.  They can survive.  They do need a couple of them back and that could be from yesterday's inactive list and/or recoveries from the game yesterday.  I think they will get some positive news.

All that being said,  KC and Mahomes are a really good road team.  I'm still nervous. But we have a great chance,,,rest and injuries be damned.

6 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

WGR brought this up earlier and I agree. Bills Mafia is great, and with that said, I wish they would channel their ability to make noise  earlier on - i.e., when the opponent is actually communicating with itself. We get super loud when they are at the line - and that’s great because false starts help - but so do delay of game penalties and missed protection due to restricted communications. Get loud at kickoff and don’t stop making noise for any second during which the Chiefs have the ball!

Well, I think the fans will come through.  This is pretty much a Super Bowl for us.  It is.  To finally slay the Mahomes beast on our field?  This is as massive as it gets without being in Vegas.

Edited by zow2
  • Agree 3

24 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Pacheco was out for the last game.  This alone scares me.  Especially with Bernard being out.

We just played Harris and Warren, two larger thumpers, for a good portion of the game with guys not expecting to play. We’ll be fine, they’ll get all the reps. On the front and back ends of the defense we’ll be healthier this week than yesterday. 

14 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

You are asking a lot dude. Mafia makes for one of the loudest stadiums out there and everyone is essentially standing all game. Bills Mafia does their part. WGR picking nits as usual

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, boco357 said:

Kind of worried about who the ref will be in this game.  Snead amongst others like to grab and hold WRs.

Since we are at home, we should latch onto Kelce and Rice as much as possible early and see what's tolerated 

31 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Pacheco is pretty similar to Harris, just maybe a bit more juice.

DaQuan and Linval inside helps a lot 

3 minutes ago, Dunkirk Donski said:

According to Chiefs fans, the game is over before it started.  We dont stand a chance.  🙄

I'm almost convinced that site is a put on.  It is so over-the-top toxic, and arrogant - some of those comments don't even seem like real fans.  It is easily the worst fan site I have visited.  

I've seen other KC sites that are much more normal, and the fans seem cool and realistic overall.  I don't know what it is w/ that main site.  It's always jaw-dropping when I go there.  Cartoonish.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

15 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I think too much is being made about the extra KC rest and to some extent the injuries. 

The Bills played a home game late Monday afternoon and play another home game on Sunday night.  Honestly, that's plenty of rest, especially when you consider the adrenaline of the moment and not having to travel.

As for injuries, the Bills don't need every single player back.  They can survive.  They do need a couple of them back and that could be from yesterday's inactive list and/or recoveries from the game yesterday.  I think they will get some positive news.

All that being said,  KC and Mahomes are a really good road team.  I'm still nervous. But we have a great chance,,,rest and injuries be damned.

Well, I think the fans will come through.  This is pretty much a Super Bowl for us.  It is.  To finally slay the Mahomes beast on our field?  This is as massive as it gets without being in Vegas.

I'm worried about our receivers getting open against the grabby corners. They will have their 2 LBs spying on Allen and make it hard to run for him. We need out OL and running game more than ever this week. Especially with our banged up D against that offense of Reid's. It will be tough, but I give us a punchers shot at it if a few things workout.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Dunkirk Donski said:

According to Chiefs fans, the game is over before it started.  We dont stand a chance.  🙄

Going to be sweet when the Bills bundle a Chiefs playoff loss with those burgers, fries, and nuggies.

6 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

You are asking a lot dude. Mafia makes for one of the loudest stadiums out there and everyone is essentially standing all game. Bills Mafia does their part. WGR picking nits as usual

It's not as loud as it used to be. It's not the Bills fans fault. When the capacity was 80,020 it was one of the loudest if not the loudest stadium in the league. But they removed seats for more luxury boxes and now have 7,000 or so less seats.

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, WNYFAN1 said:

How many of those guys played against us?

Baker - who broke his wrist during the game but stayed in

Javon Holland - who left during the game around halftime maybe

Van Ginkel - who broke his foot during the game 3rd quarter I think

Goode - who got hurt on Harty's punt return beginning of the 4th quarter

Playoff football. This one ought to be a dogfight. I know we're injured across the board, especially on defense, but these guys are all contributing. Every one who steps on the field seems to be making plays at one point or another. They are a bit more healthy than last time, but Josh has played well against them every game since that AFCCG. I expect this one to be no different. I also get the feeling Brady has been saving some stuff for the Playoffs. Don't be surprised to see a few new concepts and wrinkles thrown in this week. Ric Flair used to say, "To be the man, you gotta beat the man." That's what JA17 and these Bills need to finally do in the Playoffs this Sunday. 

woo-yeah.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Briscoe89 said:

The mission for Sunday is pretty simple: make the place so thoroughly and utterly inhospitable and repugnant for Patty, Trav and co that they think the gates of hell have opened up and will swallow them whole, and the whole experience inspires TayTay to write 3 songs on how she will never, ever, ever visit Buffalo again.  

or she'll dump Kelce because he's a loser like  all the other men she dated

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I think it's a much bigger game to establish McD's legacy not Allen's.

You commonly have a lot of good things to say, but I struggle with talk about "legacy"

I'm reminded of when we had a family meeting with an elder care finance expert because Grandma could no longer live alone and her house had to be sold.  He finally lost it and looked at a couple of the cousins: "You need to stop talking about inheritance, no one has died"

13 hours ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

I want to apologize in advance for this question ... but does anyone have a guess where opposing teams wives/girlfriends/family typically sit ? My wife is a huge Taylor swift fan and I'm thinking I could kill two birds with one stone when I buy tickets for the game. Would it be the Pepsi Club? 

Youre Kidding Are You Serious GIF by Snowfall

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

You commonly have a lot of good things to say, but I struggle with talk about "legacy"

I'm reminded of when we had a family meeting with an elder care finance expert because Grandma could no longer live alone and her house had to be sold.  He finally lost it and looked at a couple of the cousins: "You need to stop talking about inheritance, no one has died"

I was sarcastically responding to statements from a couple of posters claiming that the KC game would be key to Allen's "legacy".  I actually agree with you that no single game decides a player or a coaches legacy.  And this holds true for next weeks Divisional Game. 

3 minutes ago, Putin said:

How are we favorite with all the injuries on defense??? 

Makes sense.  Game’s at home in front of Bills Mafia, and our offense is still almost fully healthy.  Plus, KC’s offense has been no great shakes compared to previous seasons.

• Like (+1) 1

A friend of mine is a limo driver, I guess the itinerary is already flying around that Taylor Swift is confident that the Anchor Bar are the best wings in the city and refuses to go anywhere else, despite a number of recommendations otherwise. She said the only thing holding them back from being the best in the world is that they aren't served with ranch.

Also, they are due to stop at Gabes Gate, but she is refusing to try the wings there. Instead she said she is a sucker for super dry roast beef that sits under a heat lamp in a closet, so beef on weck it is. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Last time we played KC, James Cook had a coming out party. I'd expect we work the ground game and attack their LBs/middle of field.  

Spags likely going to bring along pressure, as he usually does against Josh.  Playing alot press man/single high, behind it.  Cook/Kincaid/Shakir I'd expect to get alot of targets again.  

I'd like to see us use Harty more outside, against press man teams his speed/quickness is a huge asset. Will see if Gabe is back this week.

No excuses, you have to win this game against these guys for it to not be a thing no matter how many times you win in the regular season.

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

Wait until she tries real wings.  She'll dump Kelce and his KC BBQ and find her a blue collar man in WNY instead.  

That's always bugged me. You should hear some noise from opposing fans, but not Bills fans.  

Also, you see this?

Huddle.jpg

Fans should be loudest while the opponent is in the huddle, not get loud after they break the huddle and go to the line.  You want their players wondering "did he say 38 Light, or 38 Right?"  

they will just say true of false......"HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Edited by Matt_In_NH

28 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Since we are at home, we should latch onto Kelce and Rice as much as possible early and see what's tolerated 

Pacheco is pretty similar to Harris, just maybe a bit more juice.

DaQuan and Linval inside helps a lot 

Punkcheco is better than Harris.  

5 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

No excuses, you have to win this game against these guys for it to not be a thing no matter how many times you win in the regular season.

they will just say true of false......"HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

The Bills have plenty of excuses if they lose a shootout - the beaten up defense. If they lose a low scoring affair, or turnover the ball a lot, then yes, questions could be asked.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.