Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

37 minutes ago, Process said:

Dolphins defense was decimated by injuries and the chiefs offense only put up 26 on them at home. 

If we can get one of the outside CBs back plus Johnson, I think we'll be okay. 

Yeah, I wish we were healthier for sure but the Dolphins were a total wreck in that game. I’m not quite to the point of feeling like we are in as dire of a position. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, MainEvent said:

Yea all price based. Trying to do as cheap as possible and it’s quite a bit cheaper than the airport area. Last year I stayed at the motel 6 airport/williamsville and it’s the cheapest again this year but a god awful place I can’t do it again haha

Go to the Falls then. Cheap hotels on route 62(Niagara Falls BLVD) around 90th Street. Then visit the Falls in all its winter glory!

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

For all those who complained about the Bills always playing in KC.  We're now guaranteed to play them three (possibly four or five) times at home before the end of the 2025 season.

And maybe once or twice in 2026 too, depending!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

Dolphins defense was decimated by injuries and the chiefs offense only put up 26 on them at home. 

If we can get one of the outside CBs back plus Johnson, I think we'll be okay. 

I think we may have been more decimated than the dolphins defense in the game today but hopefully we get some guys back 

sounds like Douglas will definitely go 

Here is the summary of Allen vs. Mahommes:

At Kansas City is Red; At Buffalo is Blue
Buffalo wins are in bold

Season Regular Season Playoffs
2020 At Buffalo: KC 26-BUF 17 At Kansas City: KC 38-BUF 24
2021 At Kansas City: BUF 38-KC 20 At Kansas City: KC 42-BUF 36
2022 At Kansas City: BUF 24-KC 20 ----------------
2023 At Kansas City: BUF 20-KC 17 At Buffalo: ?????

Buffalo with Allen is 3-3 vs. Kansas City with Mahommes (3-1 in the regular season and 0-2 in the playoffs).
Buffalo is 3-2 at Kansas City and 0-1 at home.

3 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

We are at home. We have the hostile crowd. It's everything we ever wanted. 

If we can't get it done now, when will we ever get it done?

This. 

To me this is the ultimate "put up or shut up" situation. The Bills need to put the Chiefs down here. A win in this spot erases years of playoff failures to the Chiefs. Erases last year's divisional round let down at home against Cincinnati. I don't think I'm overplaying it by saying it's the most important game of McDermott's era. Getting bounced for a 3rd time in 4 years by the Chiefs would be unacceptable. Losing a home divisional round game for the second straight year would be equally unacceptable. Especially against a Chief team that is not as strong as years past.

Considering the opponents recent past, I'm oddly confident. The time is now. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Thank the lord they won and make them travel one time 

So Benford is ok? 

He was on bike but never returned? Knee is issue, have not heard he is gtg.

With Douglas returning we will be in ok shape back there, Elam settled down, though that one PI was comical. 

The D is beat up though. This has to be a huge offensive game. ***** Punter may be out as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Folks, with what’s left of our broken D, this will be a huge challenge. Sure glad it’s home crowd to help. This will come down to the 2-3 pts. Josh will win the game by 0 turnovers 

The DL will have to be more dominant than ever, reid will test our decimated LB unit. I wonder if Spector can come back next week, or we will see a lot Neal at the position.

6 hours ago, chongli said:

Here is the summary of Allen vs. Mahommes:

At Kansas City is Red; At Buffalo is Blue
Buffalo wins are in bold

Season Regular Season Playoffs
2020 At Buffalo: KC 26-BUF 17 At Kansas City: KC 38-BUF 24
2021 At Kansas City: BUF 38-KC 20 At Kansas City: KC 42-BUF 36
2022 At Kansas City: BUF 24-KC 20 ----------------
2023 At Kansas City: BUF 20-KC 17 At Buffalo: ?????

Buffalo with Allen is 3-3 vs. Kansas City with Mahommes (3-1 in the regular season and 0-2 in the playoffs).
Buffalo is 3-2 at Kansas City and 0-1 at home.

Our D held KC to 20 and under the last 3 outings.  Impressive

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Aimee75 said:

I wanted this, and this matchup in our house!! Just bummed about the injuries. I was feeling good about this matchup till the injuries. 

Our offense has to come through. And I think they will. They have been remarkably healthy all year and yesterday it looks like they only took on a couple of minor injuries.  For this time of year the offense is still extremely healthy. 

28 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Anyone else surprised at how cheap the tickets are ? Cheapest ticket on the aftermarket site looks like $180. The cheapest for the steelers game before the weather forecast was known was around $220. We've been waiting for a home playoff game vs. The chiefs for 5 years. 

Pittsburgh only being 3 hours away was driving up those prices. 

I'm optimistic KC won't score more than 27 in this one. We should be able to hold them under 25 really. Miami's defense really was just as banged up last week as ours will be this week and Miami's defense held the Chiefs down surprisingly well despite not getting much support from their offense. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'm optimistic KC won't score more than 27 in this one. We should be able to hold them under 25 really. Miami's defense really was just as banged up last week as ours will be this week and Miami's defense held the Chiefs down surprisingly well despite not getting much support from their offense. 

the chiefs kicked four field goals inside 32 yards and didn't have a ton of real incentive to score late once game was out of reach. don't think the 26 pts is very reflective of how they played offensively. that being said, fins personnel was awful. 

6 hours ago, chongli said:

And maybe once or twice in 2026 too, depending!

Speaking of Ed, he was gassed at the end of the Steelers game. On the last few snaps he was lining up like 2 yards off the line of scrimmage standing straight up.

• Shocked 1

32 minutes ago, Mango said:

Speaking of Ed, he was gassed at the end of the Steelers game. On the last few snaps he was lining up like 2 yards off the line of scrimmage standing straight up.

If he was “gassed” do you not think he would have subbed someone in?  C’mon that is how he was asked to line up.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, zow2 said:

I think Taylor Swift would rather spend a weekend in Mogadishu rather than a day in cold, snowy Orchard Park, NY.   But hey maybe i’ll be proven wrong.

Wait until she tries real wings.  She'll dump Kelce and his KC BBQ and find her a blue collar man in WNY instead.  

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I think of college games where nobody screams, exactly, but they all make noise in unison. Why can't pro fans get together on that? We still have to beg a bunch of fans to shut the eff up while the Bills are lining up on offense these days. "Let's go, Josh!" -everyone yells, like that's helpful. 

That's always bugged me. You should hear some noise from opposing fans, but not Bills fans.  

Also, you see this?

Huddle.jpg

Fans should be loudest while the opponent is in the huddle, not get loud after they break the huddle and go to the line.  You want their players wondering "did he say 38 Light, or 38 Right?"  

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Miami was down:

X. Howard - #2 CB

J. Phillips - #1 DE

A. Van Ginkel - #3 DE

B. Chubb - #2 DE

J. Baker - Starting MLB

J. Holland - Starting S

C. Goode - #4 DE

And the other Safety Elliott was limping around the field. 

And no Connor Williams at starting Center. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Anyone else surprised at how cheap the tickets are ? Cheapest ticket on the aftermarket site looks like $180. The cheapest for the steelers game before the weather forecast was known was around $220. We've been waiting for a home playoff game vs. The chiefs for 5 years. 

Cheapest on TM is $193

Sellers should start a rumor that Taylor will be sitting near their seats to increase prices.  

1 minute ago, Blackbeard said:

Mahomes is a poor man's Josh Allen. 

Who played in like 6 straight AFCCG's, 3 SB's, winning two....that is what separates him.  Don't like it?  We know what Josh has to do....

Just now, boco357 said:

Kind of worried about who the ref will be in this game.  Snead amongst others like to grab and hold WRs.

We need to teach Elam to grab and hold

10 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Legacy game for Josh right here. Now you have Mahomes at home. 0-2 against him in the playoffs. He’s gotta get it done. No excuses. 

Disagree.  Let's see how healthy the D is before we start claiming this is a legacy game for Allen.  Allen and the O might play great but still lose the game if the D is missing to many starters.

IMO this is more of a legacy game for McD then Allen.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

THIS!!!!!!!!!! SO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hardly anyone will be talking about this fact, and it's very important. Our defensive front is not the Phins!

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Miami was down:

X. Howard - #2 CB

J. Phillips - #1 DE

A. Van Ginkel - #3 DE

B. Chubb - #2 DE

J. Baker - Starting MLB

J. Holland - Starting S

C. Goode - #4 DE

And the other Safety Elliott was limping around the field. 

And no Connor Williams at starting Center. 

How many of those guys played against us?

I'll be watching the injury reports very closely over the next few days, as I'm sure everyone will..

KC seems to have found some stride as we get into January.  The passing attack isn't as good - but any game could be the one where the receivers actually hang onto the ball.  As for the run game, Pacheco is legit.

And that defense is really championship caliber.  Brady & Allen will have to be at their best, imo.

Love that they're coming to Buffalo.

35 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

If he was “gassed” do you not think he would have subbed someone in?  C’mon that is how he was asked to line up.

No, I don’t think the best player on defense comes off the field on the last 2-3 plays of the game unless he asks for it. 

Starters will play normal reps with broken legs before a back up comes in to relieve them. 

Oliver looked gassed on the last series.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.