Game Postponed! - To be played Monday at 4:30pm

phypon

39 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I understand that but we've also had warm lakes over a hundred years... Lake Erie is not always Frozen in December... Sure it might be warmer now but it's not always Frozen

Typically the Great Lakes are about 10 - 20% covered in ice around this time of the season.

This year on New Years Day, ice coverage was recorded at 0.35%.

image.thumb.png.18bfd24f1410a29dbfa37a757a375767.png

• Shocked 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They walk. Likely from OP. Or drive snowmobiles on trails.

I doubt anyone is waking there in this weather.  It’s really windy where I am. The stadium, however, is probably the windiest spot in the area.  (Lake shore not included.). I can’t see anyone trudging out there in this mess. 

6 hours ago, Chaos said:

If the Chiefs win, they will have 8 days rest next sunday, the Bills will have 6. Two extra prep days is huge for top tier coaches like Reid. 

Not necessarily. Reid and the coaches won’t know who they’re playing until after the Steelers, Bills play.

Same for all the coaches, they won’t know who to prepare for until after the game.

Go Bills!

• Agree 1

The snow % for Monday went way up in the past 24 hours.  The winds look better at 10-20mph and hopefully no whiteout conditions.  Just a real wintry week ahead, looks like a few inches of snow nearly every day.

37 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The snow % for Monday went way up in the past 24 hours.  The winds look better at 10-20mph and hopefully no whiteout conditions.  Just a real wintry week ahead, looks like a few inches of snow nearly every day.

If they were gonna shift the game, they should have moved it up to Saturday. I have no idea why you wouldn’t want the game to be played before the system rolls in. Not while it’s in and hope it pans out

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

If they were gonna shift the game, they should have moved it up to Saturday. I have no idea why you wouldn’t want the game to be played before the system rolls in. Not while it’s in and hope it pans out

Hmm… 

Lets think this through. 
Today is Saturday. 
You happen to seethe post above yours?

8 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Hmm… 

Lets think this through. 
Today is Saturday. 

Yeah I saw that. I meant play it today at 1pm right before all this stuff started to become a factor. Cause now it’s gonna drag on and potentially affect the follow on week pretty drastically 

16 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Hmm… 

Lets think this through. 
Today is Saturday. 

They could have played it at Saturday at 1:00... I was driving into orchard Park and it was playable weather

Now we were scheduled from Sunday for the get-go...

But they knew this was possible since Wednesday Thursday and yeah early Saturday easily could have been playable

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Yeah I saw that. I meant play it today at 1pm right before all this stuff started to become a factor. Cause now it’s gonna drag on and potentially affect the follow on week pretty drastically 

If they were to do that, they would have to decided by Thursday due to travel arrangements for the Steelers. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, rocky61 said:

Is it possible they change the stadium to one with a dome? In the long run, it's better.

I mean… not one game ever has been suspended because of weather due to an open stadium. 

90% of those games suspended were because of September hurricanes. The Minnesota game was suspended FROM a dome. 

The Bills game have been suspended because of public safety, not because the game would be played outside. A dome does zero to alleviate these suspensions. We understand this, right? 

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

They could have played it at Saturday at 1:00... I was driving into orchard Park and it was playable weather

Now we were scheduled from Sunday for the get-go...

But they knew this was possible since Wednesday Thursday and yeah early Saturday easily could have been playable

The Steelers aren’t even in Buffalo until tomorrow afternoon.

Just now, Governor said:

The Steelers aren’t even in Buffalo until tomorrow afternoon.

Hence why I said... They've known this could be possible since Wednesday... If the league scheduled it on Saturday ASAP it would not have been a problem

If the league on Wednesday changed it to Saturday the Steelers could have been here

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Hence why I said... They've known this could be possible since Wednesday... If the league scheduled it on Saturday ASAP it would not have been a problem

If the league on Wednesday changed it to Saturday the Steelers could have been here

I know. It’s like playing cards with your brother’s kids sometimes. 

17 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Does anyone know what snow totals are at the stadium now?

Total guess judging only from radar returns: Maybe 8" so far?

Probably a bit more to the south of Orchard Park.

Band is sliding northward now and it will likely start piling up more overnight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.