Game Postponed! - To be played Monday at 4:30pm

phypon

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

Right.

Here’s an idea….go throw snowballs at cars tomorrow. Because the cars will be parked, unoccupied, and not traveling on the roads.

Have fun!

With just how wrong the weather forcastors are around here all the time I bet the game could be played tomorrow… I think will get the wind and the cold but not the snow 

In 1935, a game between the Boston Redskins and Philadelphia Eagles was canceled due to rain and snow making the field unplayable. Bunch of softies back then, too. 

I’ll stand by what I posted before, if  you are moving the game until Monday, fine, but put it at 1 pm, in line with a standard game, during the daytime, on a holiday, which will also make it easier for people traveling. 

I don’t even have the day off of work, but it is still the better time.

7 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

This is supposed to be Buffalo dammit where we grab our lunch pail go out with short sleeves and brace the elements and we have some stupid govenor that doesn’t even live around here to tell us what’s good for us…. There’s no garuntee we’re even getting that snow…. We were supposed to get 4-8 inches over night I woke up this morning and we didn’t get squat 

😂

7 minutes ago, theRalph said:

Well…they’re sort of in charge of things like roads, airports, stadiums, etc.  And..um..public safety. The game wasn’t postponed for the teams’ sake.

It’s the governor… if she woulda just kept her pie hole shut we’d be playing football tomorrow 

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Could be Tues night, which would mean they'd have to make divisional game mon night for whoever wins. Would give Hou,Cle or KC a bit of a mimi bye

Just happy I have off on mon. 

Edited by JerseyBills

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

Oof, I guess if it’s a night game. But then if they win do you have the next round on a Monday night? Might be able to get away shorting one day of rest and preparation, but two days would really be pushing it. 

If they actually did that it'd have to be on Monday due that 6 day rest rule that was referenced before.

I don’t see a move to Tuesday being in play. Would not have made the announcement it’s moving to Monday if a change is still possible.

People are making and breaking travel plans based on the move.  Doesn’t make sense.

5 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Could be Tues night, which would mean they'd have to make divisional game mon night for whoever wins. Would give Hou,Cle or KC a bit of a mimi bye

Just happy I have off on mon. 

Yeah that’s the only part I don’t love is we kind of get screwed next week

14 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

What???

Cool. So if we beat the Steelers then they complain we had an advantage. Then if we lose to the Chiefs the following week, we complain we didn't have enough rest and the NFL wanted KC to win.

This should be a fun few weeks

2 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Yeah that’s the only part I don’t love is we kind of get screwed next week

Yup but we'd get to stay home at least and during byes or mini byes, a team knows who and where they're playing,  at least our opponent will have to wait til game ends 

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

YES!  Awesome news.  (From a totally selfish POV… lol)

This is good news and it definitely helps us.

I don't EVER want to see the Bills play in garbage games in the snow like Indy, anyway.

That's not even football.  That is just play time in the snow.

Any skill/talent advantage we have over Pitt (which is a lot) is lost in a snow game.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Soft soft soft. Can’t build a persona as a cold weather team when you’re too scared to play in the cold weather. Taskers hype vid from last year is going to have to be changed from “it’s gonna be cold” to “as long as it’s mild” 

• Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm flabbergasted that anyone here thinks this is a bad thing.

Aside from it just being safer for fans & players - this just doubled our chances of winning.  Tomorrow has potential to be even worse conditions than the Pats wind game.  Basically, a game of chance.

As for "less rest," it's no different from having a MNF game in the regular season.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Anyone want a dome now?

i want a dome. 

but that has nothing to do with this convo. This is about the NFL protecting themselves from having already drunk drivers having to sled their way homes in 2000 pound wrecking balls. 

im the biggest proponent of a dome. But this game would be postponed if it was being played in a nuclear bunker. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.