Game Postponed! - To be played Monday at 4:30pm

phypon

1 minute ago, Bills!Win! said:

The nfl never used to have 4 afc teams all play on the same day in the playoffs. They would always switch it up. Stupid. 

Maybe you should give credit to Amazon's AWS?   That is what people do at work every time something fails.

18 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Just posted on Finheaven:

If Miami was Buffalo's opponent, for damn sure they would have found a way to get the game in as scheduled.

The heard the chatter about Pittsburgh possibly being successful against them with their running game in the snow.

That last point always gets me….reminds me of when everyone talked up Cleveland that year the game got moved about how good their running game is yada yada then we ran them straight out of the building 😂. Pit is a stunningly mediocre team with an average oline and now that the game is moved they’re the 88 redskins and got screwed supposedly 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

This is actually a really big advantage for our opponent... I hate everything about this.

It wouldn't be our opponent when the horrible conditions we would have been playing in for this game render our offense useless and allow the Steelers to beat us in a digusting game.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I can’t believe tough guy Twitter has me out here defending Kathy Hochul..

There is nothing worse than football tough guy Twitter.  Nothing.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Dick_Cheney said:

It wouldn't be our opponent when the horrible conditions we would have been playing in for this game render our offense useless and allow the Steelers to beat us in a digusting game.

Disagree with this. I think the Steelers have a better chance of winning if they can launch the ball deep to Pickens. I was totally fine with a bad weather game because they would have barely had a passing offense whereas ours could have scraped by. Now both teams are on equal playing field AND our divisional round opponent gets 8 days of rest versus 6 days of rest. It is a horrible outcome all around.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

As long as they win the next two games won't matte at all, if they don't I'm sure people will complain about it.

If we lose tomorrow then it's our own fault.  Difficult to imagine anyone saying we'd have won has we played in the siht that's coming.  

As it is it seems as if they're going to be hard pressed to remove all that snow before game time.  

I just wonder what effect this will have on the players who are creatures of habit. Remember how the delays in playing the titans during the epidemic resulted in a very flat , detached team getting blown out.  Not a huge amount of confidence in mcd’s history of adapting the team to change , outside of the game played in Detroit, and that was a tight squeaker.    Time will tell. 

Hard to believe they would allow the fins /kc game with wind chill predicted at minus 26 or below. That seems just as hazardous to fans/ players/ staff etc and the stadium will unlikely be filled. Very disjointed approach by the nfl and very subjective decision making regarding going ahead with individual games.  It will carry over to the next week , especially if more injuries come into play and for the bills the likely opponent will already be a better team than who they play this week. Things just cant go smoothly with this team. It definitely adds another wrinkle to the mix. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I love how Dolphins fans think we’d want bad weather to stop Tua’s passing attack. We’ve done just fine on perfect days. 

Seriously… week 4 went pretty well 😀

• Like (+1) 1

Disagree with this. I think the Steelers have a better chance of winning if they can launch the ball deep to Pickens. I was totally fine with a bad weather game because they would have barely had a passing offense whereas ours could have scraped by. Now both teams are on equal playing field AND our divisional round opponent gets 8 days of rest versus 6 days of rest. It is a horrible outcome all around.

You’re overthinking this and this is more than about football man. 

but let’s have people crashing everywhere, with not enough first responders to help, so we can every advantage over a 10 point underdog haha. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

Wait… so you think on a equal playing field, the Steelers stand a better chance at beating us?

We won’t have Gabe, for whatever that’s worth.. and we’ll see about Douglas, but the Steelers weakness, especially without Watt, is defending a passing attack down the field. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Goddamit. Whelp....if anyone is prepared to deal with this, it is the Bills.

Not so sure , see their performance and blowout loss in the moved titans game during covid. Never know what results you will get with mcd. 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

but let’s have people crashing everywhere, with not enough first responders to help, so we can every advantage over a 10 point underdog haha. 

I didn't say I disagreed with the decision. Don't put words in my mouth. I'm just annoyed that now the presumed outcome is we get the Chiefs on 8 days of rest and preparation while we get 6 days. That would of course happen the one time we finally get them in our stadium. Chiefs luck never runs out, just sick of it is all.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No one has been watching pit and has any idea how they’ve been winning.  If you can load up against the run against them they can’t do diddly..their running game can’t stand on its own.  This move helps them more than us imo  still the right thing to do though 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

I didn't say I disagreed with the outcome. Don't put words in my mouth. I'm just annoyed that now the presumed outcome is we get the Chiefs on 8 days of rest and preparation while we get 6 days. That would of course happen the one time we finally get them in our stadium. Chiefs luck never runs out, just sick of it is all.

At this point of the season, what are 2 really going to do? This is the crappiest chiefs team since Mahomes has been the qb. If we can’t beat them now, we aren’t that good. 

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

JJ is such a warrior he would play in a blizzard of sharks.

One of the biggest tools in sports. 

Honest question jj. Why did you take a big pay day to play for an awful franchise in a warm weather city? 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I didn't say I disagreed with the decision. Don't put words in my mouth. I'm just annoyed that now the presumed outcome is we get the Chiefs on 8 days of rest and preparation while we get 6 days. That would of course happen the one time we finally get them in our stadium. Chiefs luck never runs out, just sick of it is all.

At least one of those extra days for KC (or HOU/CLE) would be a travel day. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I dunno man, I think a Najee Harris/run dominated game in bad weather was easily their best path to success, which would have been forced by the weather. They can still do that of course but if we are able to pass normally in decent weather, and we get up a couple scores...more of the game goes to Rudolph. He's played nicely but 3 tds in four games isn't scaring anybody.

The rest issue sucks, no polishing that turd.

Edited by Golden*Wheels
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean, more of an advantage to the Bills now anyway I think.  Intermediate (and maybe even deep?) passing option should be there again if they want it.

I wonder how this affects Pitt travel plans?  Did they already leave for Buffalo, I'd guess not.  Will they now stay home till Sunday, but then risk having a hard time getting to Buffalo, or will they fly in Monday morning?  That creates an unusual travel plan which could mess with them.

OK just read they are flying to Buffalo Sunday at 3:00

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

9 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

How? Our game isn't until Monday 

Standings.

(All scenarios based on the Bills beating the Steelers)

If the Dolphins win, they'll go to the Ravens since they will be the lowest seed, and the Bills will get the winner of the Texans/Browns. 

If the Chiefs win, they will come to Buffalo and the winner of the Texans/Browns will go to the Ravens.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.