Dolphins Hard Knocks

Mynamemike

19-14 their last two years under Flores without Tyreek, with no playoff wins and an 0-4 record vs Buffalo. 

20-14 their first two years under McDaniel with Tyreek, with no playoff wins and a 1-4 record vs Buffalo. 

Half a game “improvement,” and now they’re in cap jail without an elite QB, Tyreek turning 30 and taking a beating, and haven’t had a first round pick since 2021.

This is fine.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

1 minute ago, BRH said:

19-14 their last two years under Flores without Tyreek, with no playoff wins and an 0-4 record vs Buffalo. 

20-14 their first two years under McDaniel with Tyreek, with no playoff wins and a 1-4 record vs Buffalo. 

Half a game “improvement,” and now they’re in cap jail without an elite QB, Tyreek turning 30 and taking a beating, and haven’t had a first round pick since 2021.

This is fine.  

The McDaniel is a genius thing was overblown. I am not saying he sucks, or is terrible or anything like that. He clearly has a decent offensive mind but he is another one off the Shanahan tree who I just feel is running that offense without really having that to a millionth degree understanding of it that Kyle has. And when good DCs get a beat on him I think he has struggled to adjust or find new wrinkles. 

That said their biggest issue remains on defense. While they improved from 18th to 10th in yards, they only went from 24th to 22nd in points with the hiring of Fangio. And they do have some talent. They have Jalen Ramsey, I like their safeties they fly about, and Phillips, Wilkins and Chubb is a talented set of linemen. Okay their linebackers are week and Xavien Howard isn't the force of old at the other corner but they just seem to fail in big spots. 

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The McDaniel is a genius thing was overblown. I am not saying he sucks, or is terrible or anything like that. He clearly has a decent offensive mind but he is another one off the Shanahan tree who I just feel is running that offense without really having that to a millionth degree understanding of it that Kyle has. And when good DCs get a beat on him I think he has struggled to adjust or find new wrinkles. 

That said their biggest issue remains on defense. While they improved from 18th to 10th in yards, they only went from 24th to 22nd in points with the hiring of Fangio. And they do have some talent. They have Jalen Ramsey, I like their safeties they fly about, and Phillips, Wilkins and Chubb is a talented set of linemen. Okay their linebackers are week and Xavien Howard isn't the force of old at the other corner but they just seem to fail in big spots. 

That's the same as it ever was in Miami, though. Through the years they have had some really good players. However the players they get don't form a cohesive team. They seem to spend big year in and year out on flashy names rather then build a solid foundation and form around it.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

How many games would the Bills win if Tua was their QB?

If we took Allen out and plopped Tua in to this current Bills team? Not very many. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Watched this episode yesterday.  McDaniel handled things all wrong as a leader.  Grown men know when they’re being lied to.

“The cold is just a mindset and you’ll enjoy being tackled on cement” is just fake rah rah stuff and he doesn’t even sell it well.  

And you can see them looking at him like "how the ***** would YOU know?"  The coldest he's ever been as a "player" was probably some November game at Dartmouth, and he was only cold because he stood on the sidelines the whole game.

Dude looked like a third grader on the sidelines the way he was bundled up.  I half expected to see Wonder Bread bags peeking out of the top of his moon boots.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

McDaniel and the Dolphins are screwed, as long as Tua is their QB.  Tua will never beat Josh for the division title.

I don't know about never, a play here or there this season flipped the division.  McDaniel gets the most out of Tua as I think you can get.  Tua cannot be in a better situation for his skill set.

2 hours ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

We would beat up on teams below .500 and lose to all of the top-tier teams.  I really hope they sign Tua to a huge contract and are stuck with him for the next several years.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

All of them.  Don't you know that Tua is the AFC's best QB=the Pro Bowl vote said so, while they also said Josh is JAG.  🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I don't know about never, a play here or there this season flipped the division.  McDaniel gets the most out of Tua as I think you can get.  Tua cannot be in a better situation for his skill set.

I think this year is as close as Tua will get.  It took boneheaded losses by this team and a cupcake schedule for Miami, for them to even get close to winning the division.  Tyreek is only going to keep getting older, a Tua contract will only eat up their cap space more, and they’re going to start running into bigger cap issues.  Time will tell, but whether McDaniel and the Dolphins decide to stick with Tua or not, I think they’re poised to take steps back.

3 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I think this year is as close as Tua will get.  It took boneheaded losses by this team and a cupcake schedule for Miami, for them to even get close to winning the division.  Tyreek is only going to keep getting older, a Tua contract will only eat up their cap space more, and they’re going to start running into bigger cap issues.  Time will tell, but whether McDaniel and the Dolphins decide to stick with Tua or not, I think they’re poised to take steps back.

This was their year to win it. They had a 3 game lead with 5 to go. To lose the division after that is almost impossible, but they beat the odds

Losing to the Titans was horrible. Then the way they lost to the Ravens was utterly embarrassing. Tua just ain’t it, and McDaniel is in over his head 

5 hours ago, BRH said:

This is fine.  

So the difference in both records is they managed to boil the Bills in 2022?

It's not like McDaniel is from Miami. He's from Denver. He should know better how to deal with cold weather. Also, it's not like most Bills players aren't from the South. The trick to playing in the cold is to just prepare for the game like normal. Let your equipment guys prepare for the weather.

Tua is a good guy, and a good teammate by all accounts. It kind of reminds me of us with Tyrod. Tyrod was a good dude. But Tyrod was never going to take us anywhere here, just like Tua is never taking Miami anywhere either.  

3 hours ago, eball said:

Fish2023.jpg

It's funny, but some have made the same jokes about Josh when facing Mahomes and Burrow... I prefer to hold off on the jokes until Josh delivers on his promise (not a verbal promise, but the other definition of promise) because it is time.

6 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

It's funny, but some have made the same jokes about Josh when facing Mahomes and Burrow... I prefer to hold off on the jokes until Josh delivers on his promise (not a verbal promise, but the other definition of promise) because it is time.

Suit yourself, man.  I’m just having fun.  If you think any of this impacts what happens on the field, well…..

• Haha (+1) 1

All this time I have been trying to figure out who McDaniel reminds me of.  Then last night I was idly surfing the Roku and saw an icon for "The League," the show from around 2010 about a group of fantasy football players.

Tell me he's not a dead ringer for Rodney Ruxin, the league's most annoying owner.  I can't believe I didn't see it before, but apparently I'm not the first.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

So the difference in both records is they managed to boil the Bills in 2022?

Exactly.  If it's not 120 degrees on our side of the field (and ONLY on our side), the Dolphins are 19-15 under McDaniel compared to 19-14 under Flores.  And McDaniel had the better roster.

I still don't understand why the Dolphins are living rent free in some of ya'all heads considering how lopsided this alleged rivalry has been in recent years.

I'm more worried about the Chiefs and how they have owned this franchise when it matters and why so much is at stake on Sunday.

• Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I still don't understand why the Dolphins are living rent free in some of ya'all heads considering how lopsided this alleged rivalry has been in recent years.

I'm more worried about the Chiefs and how they have owned this franchise when it matters and why so much is at stake on Sunday.

I bet you are.

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BRH said:

All this time I have been trying to figure out who McDaniel reminds me of.  Then last night I was idly surfing the Roku and saw an icon for "The League," the show from around 2010 about a group of fantasy football players.

Tell me he's not a dead ringer for Rodney Ruxin, the league's most annoying owner.  I can't believe I didn't see it before, but apparently I'm not the first.

My wife said the same thing, lol. He really is a clone of Rodney. It’s really uncanny.

He definitely strikes me as a sharp dude with the X’s and O’s, and what he did with a small, weak-armed QB like Tua is pretty impressive. I think he schemed around Tua’s deficiencies.

That said, this does not seem like a leader of men. You can kind of tell some of the players don’t take him seriously. Someone that is going to inspire, lead, and a guy you’d want in a bunker.

The Dolphins missed the boat when they let Dan Campbell go, big mistake.

Edited by WinterSoldier17
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Liar, liar pants on fire.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

You Lie Harry Potter GIF by Sky

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Watched this episode yesterday.  McDaniel handled things all wrong as a leader.  Grown men know when they’re being lied to.

“The cold is just a mindset and you’ll enjoy being tackled on cement” is just fake rah rah stuff and he doesn’t even sell it well.  

I was thinking about that, and what would be a better leadership strategy. 

What I got to, is lean on the team's players.  Have Tyreek Hill talk about playing in KC, what it's like, what his experience is playing there when cold.  Find other players who have experience with cold weather games to share their lived experience.   I think that would come across as much more real.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, H2o said:

Tua is a good guy, and a good teammate by all accounts. It kind of reminds me of us with Tyrod. Tyrod was a good dude. But Tyrod was never going to take us anywhere here, just like Tua is never taking Miami anywhere either.  

Tua seems very weird. Weird Hawaii churchy type. Don’t know that many players LOVE him

7 minutes ago, balln said:

Tua seems very weird. Weird Hawaii churchy type. Don’t know that many players LOVE him

All that I can think about is that Tom Rinaldi puff piece from before the College Football championship game. The amount of child abuse that Tua suffered at the hands of his father was truly shocking. Regardless of your opinions on corporal punishment, I think that most would agree that throwing INTs in high school football games is not cause for a father to beat his almost adult son with a belt. His father also forced him to be a lefty so that he wouldn't be the only lefty in the family. Crazy stuff.

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Full. Of. Crap.

We don’t understand what the hell you’re doing here.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Not sure if it was the camera angle but Tua looked chunky during practice.  Would have guessed he was a fullback. 

No, it’s not the camera angle. He’s fat and out of shape, no sugarcoating.

He’s not even remotely fast, agile, or elusive to begin with…so you’re left with a fat statue in the pocket. Played out that way to end their season, not surprised.

48 minutes ago, balln said:

"Weird Hawaii churchy type" is never a thing I would have thought. And then you said it and I'm like, yeah, that 100% is it. 😆

3 minutes ago, WinterSoldier17 said:
21 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Not sure if it was the camera angle but Tua looked chunky during practice.  Would have guessed he was a fullback. 

No, it’s not the camera angle. He’s fat and out of shape, no sugarcoating.

He’s not even remotely fast, agile, or elusive to begin with…so you’re left with a fat statue in the pocket. Played out that way to end their season, not surprised.

Someone on finheaven said Tua was fat, slow, and had short little legs. I fell out of my chair at "short little legs." 

Yeah because you can't talk about vanquishing (again) your closest foe in the division and can only talk about the Chiefs.  Good one, sport.

Its because some of our posters around here like to talk them up as ready to dethrone us every season and we get a fun victory lap as an annual tradition 😂

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.