Bills at Dolphins post game thread

HappyDays

40 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Epic 4th q and this is what you want to talk about.  Okay.......next subject

Not sure where all the McD criticism comes from as I think he has navigated a pretty tough season fairly well. I thought he needed to manage games better and I think he has stepped up in those areas and gotten better and his defenses are closing out games.

All the other things from his clapping and expressing his faith at the podium I don't think have changed very much from his day 1 with this club.

For some it has probably gotten stale and on their nerves, but he is a coach that has led this club to multiple AFC Championships and I can appreciate that.

I wouldn't read too much into it. I used to rag on Wade waffling between QBs and then regretted the turnstile decade-plus of fail at HC after he got the boot.

Maybe McD is not the guy to get us over the hump, but you have to be in the playoffs to even have a chance and he has gotten this club there....again.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Jukester said:

Just crazy!

After the first Miami game, if you told me the Bills would be the 2 seed, I would have said: No way, the Bills will be the 1 seed!

When the Bills were 6-6, if you told me the Bills would be the 2 seed, I would have said: You're out of your mind!!

Now, the Bills are the 2 seed and I'm like: How the heck did they pull this off?!?!

What an absolutely crazy regular season!!!!

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Really weird game.

- A tackle at the 1 yard line to end the half.
- A pick where Gabe Davis tripped over his own feet.
- A punt return TD
- A 12 minute video review of an inconsequential 1 yard pass.

I'm not sure what to make of it.

My conspiratorial self truly felt like that bullpuckey “inconsequential stoppage” was the officials trying to give the Dolphins D a rest in that moment. 

When you look at the difference in yards and time of possession this game is a blowout if the Bills don't mess up in the red zone tonight. Just glad were playing Pittsburg who may be missing Watt next week and it will be at 1pm on Sunday, I hate waiting all day for these night games

Go Bills

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

Jokes aside. Gaga is a flat out stud and super talented. With all the hype around (mentally ill) Britney Spears and Taylor Swift, Gaga a way bigger superstar that Steinfeld is. And Gaga is much closer

to being committed to what she does in music compared to an NFL QB. 

(No hate on Taylor Swift)

no idea what you are talking about honestly.

Baba Yaga is the russian term for the "Boogie Man" in the movie John Wick...who drove a 69 mustang and then a 68 Camaro!  

also are you trying to tell me lady gaga is more talented than Taylor Swift?  Umm. Sure thing.

anyway there is a clear miscommunication here!

• Haha (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Special K said:

After the first Miami game, if you told me the Bills would be the 2 seed, I would have said: No way, the Bills will be the 1 seed!

When the Bills were 6-6, if you told me the Bills would be the 2 seed, I would have said: You're out of your mind!!

Now, the Bills are the 2 seed and I'm like: How the heck did they pull this off?!?!

What an absolutely crazy regular season!!!!

Go Bills!!!

I admit. 

I literally said "stick a fork in them".

25 minutes ago, Tim Tindale said:

We got a small look at the Bills offense without Gabe.  Honestly, ran smoothe

It was immediately after Davis left that Sherfield caught an insane TD ball. I think O might experiment without Gabe

This is a post game thread, but I am ready for a Steelers thread.  Winning the Division is obviously really nice, and I want everyone to enjoy it because of what a roller coaster of a season this has been, but man......if there was ever a season to win a Super Bowl, it might be this one.  Not because we are the best team.  Not because we are the most explosive team.  But because of the resiliency of this team.  NOTHING is ever handed to this team.  They earn everything and many times it is not pretty.  You can tell that the men on this team are playing for each other and they have each other's backs.  It's just different than it has been the last few years. 

That said, I am ready to start game planning for the Steelers and having some serious conversations about playing time for certain guys.  Look.....Von.  I'm not ready to just throw him in the trash heap because I think he will be better next season.  But this season?  Time to put on your coaching hat and get guys more physically capable ready to play.  Gabe Davis.......He's probably a #4 WR on this team right now.  Shakir needs to get his snaps.  Kincaid needs to be getting his snaps.  This offense operates better without him.  He's just not someone Allen can trust and they are not on the same page.  I don't know how bad his injury is, but I'm in no hurry to put him back in the lineup.  He runs bad routes and doesn't seem to understand where he needs to be a lot of the time.  Let the kids play.

Anyway.....yes, this is a post game thread.  And I'm thrilled with the win.  But this team wants more and so do we.  We have bigger "fish" to fry.......

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Number 4 for Miami put in a horrible effort there. Didn’t even touch Josh. Probably could have stopped him 2 yards short if he got his head in there 

Man made a bidness decision. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I admit. 

I literally said "stick a fork in them".

pretty sure after the denver loss everyone did.  The way that game was called offensively was insane.  

had the bills changed to brady a week earlier they would have run the ball 40 times against denver and won.

but it all led to this team learning a new mental toughness.  Its been impressive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

One of the few measured responses from WGR.

(paraphrasing)

”Conventionally you throw the ball inside”

“Traditionally that’s on the QB”

”Bit we’ve seen this miscommunication between these two a lot. Unsure it’s on Josh or Gabe. But most would say the QB on individual plays”

Josh was 90% good tonight which rocks. But the 10% he was off wasn’t missing a 3rd down it was head scratchers.

If we win a SB it’s because he’s amazing.

If we lose it will be something like him being 34/40 2TD and 2INT in FG range and lose by 3.

I love Josh. He’s the best thing to happen to this franchise but he also keeps me up at night. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Brit said:

I am going to enjoy reading the thread later this morning having avoided it all game. Always makes me laugh.

I'll admit 100 out of 100 I panic. Don't care who knows it otherwise I wouldn't post. I'm a fan for life so who cares what I say. It's a part of the process with y'all. Go Bills. . 

• Like (+1) 1

It was obvious when JA17 finally settled down (end of 1st half)...and from then on I was pulling for passing play calls because the beast had finally awoken. But the 1st quarter and most of the 2nd quarter were ugly. It's so easy to gauge where Allen's at during a game. When he's ON...my goodness, he's the best QB anyone has ever watched. But when he's OFF...yeah, it's not great.

Didn't really want to make a new thread about this, but did anyone else see Josh get pissed off in a hurry about something Wilkins was doing to him at the bottom of a pile?

It was on the failed 3rd down QB sneak in the 4th quarter (the one where we got it on 4th down).

Wilkins is such a dirty sob.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 8

3 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

I think many are guilty here and many (myself included) owe Mr. Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills an apology.

I love the Bills!!!!!!!!!

I think we all love Josh and it’s still okay to say he needs to play better starting next week 

wide open diggs bomb 

horrible pick in the redzone 

horrible decision to throw to a player in the middle of the field right before half 

another fumble 

he is amazing but that ***** has to get cleaned up 

• Agree 2

Just now, NickelCity said:

Didn't really want to make a new thread about this, but did anyone else see Josh get pissed off in a hurry about something Wilkins was doing to him at the bottom of a pile?

It was on the failed 3rd down QB sneak in the 4th quarter (the one where we got it on 4th down).

Wilkins is such a dirty sob.

I did see that.  Wilkins probably groped him again. 

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

One of the few measured responses from WGR.

(paraphrasing)

”Conventionally you throw the ball inside”

“Traditionally that’s on the QB”

”Bit we’ve seen this miscommunication between these two a lot. Unsure it’s on Josh or Gabe. But most would say the QB on individual plays”

Josh was 90% good tonight which rocks. But the 10% he was off wasn’t missing a 3rd down it was head scratchers.

If we win a SB it’s because he’s amazing.

If we lose it will be something like him being 34/40 2TD and 2INT in FG range and lose by 3.

I love Josh. He’s the best thing to happen to this franchise but he also keeps me up at night. 

On the third quote, my response would be why do we only seem to see it happen between Josh and Davis? Doesn’t seem to be an issue with anyone other receiver.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Sounds like rasul might be ok

Not to beat a dead horse but if Beasley did this instead of being an iron man on a broken leg, things could have been different. 

Beteeen the Titans game and this game just mentally and physically exhausted - but can't sleep.  If the Titans didn't win and everything was on the line I think at some point during Bills game I might have ended up in the hospital tonight 😛

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.