Three Dolphins Starters Suffer Serious Injuries against Ravens

johnk

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-sustain-key-injuries-against-ravens

...Tagovailoa’s throwing arm (his left) was rolled up on at the end of a fourth-down scramble for a gain that didn’t continue the drive.

Pass rusher Bradley Chubb, whose 11 sacks leads the Dolphins defense, suffered what appears to be a right knee injury on a late fourth-quarter drive, and was carted off the field.

And cornerback Xavien Howard suffered a troublesome foot injury on the Ravens first possession of the game and never returned to the contest.

All three injuries could drastically alter how the Dolphins operate on offense and defense in the season finale against the Buffalo Bills...

• Like (+1) 5

I was convinced the fins would tank vs Dallas and Baltimore and come into our game healthier with a 3 week rest. Now the fins only incentive is to win and guarantee with the 2 seed they can get 2 home games.  

3 minutes ago, johnk said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-sustain-key-injuries-against-ravens

...Tagovailoa’s throwing arm (his left) was rolled up on at the end of a fourth-down scramble for a gain that didn’t continue the drive.

Pass rusher Bradley Chubb, whose 11 sacks leads the Dolphins defense, suffered what appears to be a right knee injury on a late fourth-quarter drive, and was carted off the field.

And cornerback Xavien Howard suffered a troublesome foot injury on the Ravens first possession of the game and never returned to the contest.

All three injuries could drastically alter how the Dolphins operate on offense and defense in the season finale against the Buffalo Bills...

I wouldn’t say Tua’s injury was serious.  It was an injury but he might have been able to go back in.  He’ll play next week.

But yeah Chubb and Howard were carted off.  I’d be surprised if both played next week

2 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Don’t forget mostert and waddle didn’t play either. I assume 3/5 play

No way… Tua plays.  Mostert plays.  The rest are going to out

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I think the Tua injury is a bunch of baloney.

The Chubb injury is big and maybe the Howard.

He was injured.  It’s just not serious

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I think the Tua injury is a bunch of baloney.

The Chubb injury is big and maybe the Howard.

Let's hope at least Chubb & Howard are out. Tua will play so nothing to see there.  I'm more worried about what the hell our offense will look like?

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Agree 4

Our best bet is that Dolphins have already clinched the playoffs and have no home field advantage anyhow so does seeding really matter? If anyone is banged up maybe they decide not to rush them back so they are ready for the playoffs 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

I think he meant Tua and Mostert will play. 

We agree and I was laughing cause I saw it similar. Those two and waddle play was

my guess. But seems less likely that waddle plays 

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Let's hope at least Chubb & Howard are out. Tua will play so nothing to see there.  I'm more worried about what the hell our offense will look like?

I think our offense is a lot of tackle wrap at van ginkel then. If you can keep sieler and wilkinson controlled then their back up DEs are gonna struggle against Dawkins coming at them

Miami is getting dinged up at the right time for us to capitalize on it, but thats the crux of it isn't it? We need to capitalize on it. Otherwise we just lost to a team suffering injuries to 3 starters.

Week 1 Aaron Rodgers goes out on a cart. Who here isn't thinking we have this one locked up?

This team seems to play up or down to its level of competition. Hopefully we come out playing from THE FIRST SNAP like our lives depend on it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, brianthomas said:

Miami is getting dinged up at the right time for us to capitalize on it, but thats the crux of it isn't it? We need to capitalize on it. Otherwise we just lost to a team suffering injuries to 3 starters.

Week 1 Aaron Rodgers goes out on a cart. Who here isn't thinking we have this one locked up?

This team seems to play up or down to its level of competition. Hopefully we come out playing from THE FIRST SNAP like our lives depend on it.

Lol. Week 1 is so long ago. How about the game we almost screwed up against chargers. Week 1 is an eternity ago. 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Waddle has a high ankle sprain, those take at least 4 weeks to recover from am sure he's definitely out.

Everything I read said Miami was optimistic Waddle would be back for the playoffs.  It would have made the bye week huge.  I don’t think he’s playing next week.  If he does he won’t be 100%

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Our best bet is that Dolphins have already clinched the playoffs and have no home field advantage anyhow so does seeding really matter? If anyone is banged up maybe they decide not to rush them back so they are ready for the playoffs 

Yes.  #2 seed means they host a home wild card game and if they win that then they host the divisional round.  Huge difference than going on the road to the #3 seed (KC) as a sixth seed.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

Everything I read said Miami was optimistic Waddle would be back for the playoffs.  It would have made the bye week huge.  I don’t think he’s playing next week.  If he does he won’t be 100%

Just tackle low,  one good shoulder tackle and if he plays it won't last

The Dolphins are going to be all kinds of banged up no matter what next week...

But it's not the Dolphins I'm worried about... I know who the Bills worst enemy is. They will be wearing red, white, and blue. And if they are missing blocks, dropping the ball, missing opening receivers, throwing ill advised passes, and generally being outcoached and outexecuted it won't matter who they play. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I concur.  I had that Friday...no way I could have played football.

Oh, they would have taken you to the training room and packed you tight.  No problem playing.😂

• Haha (+1) 1

Just throwing this out to consider. Not that I think they would follow it. Dolphins are playing round one in the playoffs no matter what.

I don't know if it makes sense for them to sell out for a super physical game against us or just try and get healthy. I understand it's for the division, but both these teams have bigger goals they're focusing on and if Miami goes all in and losses it will be a huge blow. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mikie2times said:

Just throwing this out to consider. Not that I think they would follow it. Dolphins are playing round one in the playoffs no matter what.

I don't know if it makes sense for them to sell out for a super physical game against us or just try and get healthy. I understand it's for the division, but both these teams have bigger goals they're focusing on and if Miami goes all in and losses it will be a huge blow. 

Winning the AFC East and booting us from the playoffs is Miami’s Super Bowl. 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, johnk said:

I'm getting flashback of the Bengals playoff game and their oline issues.

Sometimes the next man up sets up. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Winning the AFC East and booting us from the playoffs is Miami’s Super Bowl. 

Is every game we play someone else’s Super Bowl? That’s all that is said as of late. 

It’s not. They have a super tight window with their salary cap. They didn’t do everything they did to not win the actual Super Bowl and just be division champs. 

53 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

That’s a shame 

That’s a damn shame…

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr.Sack said:

I was convinced the fins would tank vs Dallas and Baltimore and come into our game healthier with a 3 week rest. Now the fins only incentive is to win and guarantee with the 2 seed they can get 2 home games.  

some of y’all come up with the wildest theories 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.