Is it time to put out an Amber Alert on Dalton Kincaid?

FireChans

He has 4 targets for 1 catch in the last two weeks.

Even in the week before, he had 8 targets for 5 catches for 21 yards.

He hasn’t eclipsed 50 yards receiving since the Denver game.

What’s going on? Is he hitting a wall, while LaPorta breaks records? Did Knox push him out of the lineup? Was he a Dorsey guy? Has he been hanging out with Elam? 

What say you, and can we expect some first round production as we gear up for the postseason?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I’ve said many a time before, our devotion to running the ball with unique personnel groupings including the use of guys like Gilliam, Edwards, etc is limiting his snaps IMO. 

Pair this with the return of Knox, and the fact that it doesn’t seem to be even a thought to push the ball down the field to him, it’s dried up. 

Even at the height of his success this year, it’s been a lot of dump and go, outlets, quick hitters, etc.

For whatever reason, the guy who was touted in college as being a vertical threat is not being used in such a way whatsoever. 

This could be coverage based, scheme or simply play design in progressions but it’s frustrating.

Even if Kincaid blows up and turns out to be an all pro for years to come, his immediate impact was unfortunately always going to be tampered by the presence of a highly paid player at the same position. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, FireChans said:

What’s going on? Is he hitting a wall, while LaPorta breaks records? Did Knox push him out of the lineup? Was he a Dorsey guy? Has he been hanging out with Elam? 

What say you, and can we expect some first round production as we gear up for the postseason?

what’s weird about our offense is it seems like we can only always get one guy going at a time. It’s either Diggs or Cook or Gabe, etc. I feel like it would help the entire offense to run more set plays for Kincaid and others to get them into a rhythm (eg, TE screens).

we always gripe when a guy drops the ball. Well, It’s a lot easier to catch balls if you have had more chances and are in the flow of the game.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Such a strange season thus far!

Such a weird team!

Having seen all this wackiness unfold, I am down to my constantly rehearsed mantra…

”I don’t give a ***** whether 🦬 wins by 1 or 100… against clowns like the Cheatriots manana or on through the Playoffs against the best…

”JUST WIN BABY!”

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

what’s weird about our offense is it seems like we can only always get one guy going at a time. It’s either Diggs or Cook or Gabe, etc. I feel like it would help the entire offense to run more set plays for Kincaid and others to get them into a rhythm (eg, TE screens).

we always gripe when a guy drops the ball. Well, It’s a lot easier to catch balls if you have had more chances and are in the flow of the game.

I kinda give the Bills a break with Kincaid’s usage at this point because we know Dorsey is awful and it’s not easy for Brady to add/change things in the middle of the season.

I just find it odd that he’s fallen off so much.

Of course, he probably has 8 catches for 140 and a TD tomorrow now.

10 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

We'll win the Super Bowl & someone will complain they lost all their prop bets & blame the players who didn't attain the yards they needed.  

And the type of champagne they are popping and the order vehicles are in the championship parade…who’s sitting with who, etc. 

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Imo the answer is mostly obvious, his previous target totals are now split with a healthy Knox, Cook and others, as well, Brady likes to change things up depending on what team we are playing , is he being used enough? No, but it’s not so much on him…, but if we continue to win it’s not such a big deal who is getting it done as long as it’s getting done…, 

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 3

Is this one of those “ concerned, worried, or otherwise being apprehensive sort of threads?  

asking for a friend…

46 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Jesus christ, you complainers are insufferable 

I was thinking the same words, and I’m not even a Christian, 🤣

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

LaPorta s success or any other rookies busting has nothing to do with DK2. He's been nice for us, we're playing awesome. I, as well, as the rest of the team DGAF what his numbers are if we're winning, moving thr ball, and he's growing while helping others open

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

No he’s fine just targets going elsewhere 

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

APB for sure. 

i don’t think he’s hit the wall as much as knox’s return has sapped his snaps as he’s a much better blocker. Compounded by the fact that Brady hasn’t figured out how to use 2 tight ends yet.  He didn’t in Carolina and he didn’t use them very much at LSU.   We may not know what we have until next season.

I also think he needs to put on some weight.  Seems like he gets hit pretty hard and has been feeling the effects of some lingering injuries.  

Deep down im hoping this has been the plan all along and they have an entire DK86 playbook waiting to unleash come playoffs 🤣 😢 

• Like (+1) 3

I love watching how Detroit actually uses their amazing rookie TE LaPorta. Kincaid could be putting up very similar numbers as LaPorta if we actually committed to using him properly. I mean the team spends a first round pick on him and then doesn’t take full advantage of his skills. Makes ya wonder. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, 4th&long said:

I knew this would happen when Knox came back. When they are both on the field neither of them do anything.

stud bookends at the TE position cannot be a   bad thing. Can it?

I'm going to go with there are just not enough offensive snaps to go around if Cook and Murray are to be fed too..

Just now, muppy said:

stud bookends at the TE position cannot be a   bad thing. Can it?

I'm going to go with there are just not enough offensive snaps to go around if Cook and Murray are to be fed too..

Well you would think it wouldn’t be. But the proof is in the pudding. Neither of them catch the ball, get a lot of targets when they are on the field together.

4 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

Well you would think it wouldn’t be. But the proof is in the pudding. Neither of them catch the ball, get a lot of targets when they are on the field together.

I think you have to figure in game planning and how to best utilize the talent they have to win games. We both would be thrilled if they both happened to go off in the same game.

winning is the bottom line. I'm not as concerned with who achieves and produces as long as some one in the offense  does ya know?

GO BILLS

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sirebors said:

What does a little girl getting kidnapped and murdered have to do with football? I think you could have used a more appropriate comparison. Crass. 

Wtf… this is a troll job right ? I’m pissed that I can’t tell lol

Edited by julian

At no point this season have I felt like he’s really been a focal point.

He almost got there in the middle of the season, but his average depth of target is just not advanced enough under Dorsey or Brady for me to really feel like he’s anything more than a place holder, a background piece in this offense.

They don’t view him as a weapon, he’s a simple outlet. 

It’s not a role that has expanded whatsoever as the season has advanced, and now it’s 2-games left. 

And I said this earlier in the season, sure I agree with others on this site about and his scouting reports - he’s smooth and slippery underneath, but you don’t see a lot of rugged running or real tackle breaking. He catches the ball and falls down a lot. 

And Kincaid got asked about this and he pointed to this being something he’s going to work on in the off-season, I took it as he needs to work on his strength. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Agree 2

The usage all year has confounded me a bit. They have done very little seam stuff with him. They did pre-season and then have hardly gone to it once the season came around and when they have ran him deeper Josh has ignored him (either not seen him or the progression didn't take him there). But pure production wise he is pretty much where I predicted he'd be as a rookie save for I thought he might have another TD or two.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.