Calling it now: Bills are going to at least reach the AFCCG

Alphadawg7

I mentioned this in the can the Bills go 5-0 thread. The next 2 weeks will tell the story. I do think the Bills will beat the Chargers, Pats, and Dolphins. It's these next 2 weeks where I see a potential loss. Win these next 2 and you might be right. At the very least I think they make the playoffs if they beat the Chiefs and Cowboys. I don't know about a playoff run as the Bills are winless on the road in the playoffs with McDermott. 

• Agree 1

I really hope you are proven right. It would be amazing for the Bills to shut up everyone (including me) who wrote them off. I struggle to see it because to me the hole is just too deep. It's a real shame Dorsey didn't get canned earlier because we would have been so much better against the likes of Denver and NE. If we needed 3 out of 5 I'd like our chances but since there's virtually no room for error I just can't see this team being perfect down the stretch.

Although the idea of Miami dropping 2 and then playing us in the final game with the division up for grabs, only for us to beat them and steal it does fill me with joy. I'd love that to happen

• Like (+1) 3

Unfortunately I don't see it.  Wish I did, and I would love to be wrong, but it is just not setting up well.  I think we are far to inconsistent to expect to run the table especially considering the quality of opponents we have remaining.

It's just so damn sad considering that the AFC seems up for grabs and we are in this position.  Come next year I'm sure KC will be retooled at WR and Burrow, Rodgers, Watson, etc. will be back...  Sucks.  All because we lost to Zach Wilson and Mac Jones.

• Agree 5

10 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I really hope you are proven right. It would be amazing for the Bills to shut up everyone (including me) who wrote them off. I struggle to see it because to me the hole is just too deep. It's a real shame Dorsey didn't get canned earlier because we would have been so much better against the likes of Denver and NE. If we needed 3 out of 5 I'd like our chances but since there's virtually no room for error I just can't see this team being perfect down the stretch.

Although the idea of Miami dropping 2 and then playing us in the final game with the division up for grabs, only for us to beat them and steal it does fill me with joy. I'd love that to happen

Yeah, the Dorsey not getting canned sooner really put the Bills into a hole where there is very little room for error.  Funny, the best thing to happen to this team was the 12 personnel on the field blunder that cost us the Denver game.  Had that not happened and we win on a missed FG by Denver, I am not convinced we still fire Dorsey the next day and had they not, there is probably no chance this team would have still made the playoffs had Dorsey finished the season here.  

And I could be wrong about Brady and this offense continuing to roll, but I have watched as much as I can on the differences and to me this is no fluke, this feels like the offense really is in a better position to most often play closer to its best.  Under Dorsey, unless things just went totally perfect, the offense just wasn't capable of consistency.  Since Brady, this offense looks like it has that fight it used to have, where it can make a mistake but come back punching and atone for it.  Under Dorsey, every mistake felt like something difficult for the offense to over come or bounce back from.  

Personally I think its VERY unlikely we have a shot to win our division.  I don't see Miami losing 2 of their next 4. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

Is this a gut feeling or do you have info why they will suddenly start playing well? 

They played well the last 2 weeks.  Make a field goal, catch a catchable ball, run the right route, get a call or two and we easily beat Philly.  Do you have any info as to why they will suddenly stop playing well this week?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Is this a gut feeling or do you have info why they will suddenly start playing well? 

Haha...both I guess.  Right now reminds me a LOT of the TB loss in 2021.  While we lost the game, the adjustments we made at halftime, many of which were things we had been screaming for most the season like give Devin more carries, felt like a light bulb moment for this team and offense.  The adjustments they made impacted the rest of the season and we went on a major run rest of year and tore up the playoffs until the 13 second fiasco.  

This moment right now feels a lot like that moment after TB, where the offense has its mojo now and is in position to carry this team and carry the defense if need be when it struggles.  All season the defense despite its injuries and issues had done enough for us to win most games had the offense not been a shell of its potential.  

With this offense having its mojo and swagger back, it can help make up for any deficiencies the defense still has as long as it isn't a 2 game mirage.  And after watching a lot of content on Brady and Dorsey offenses, this doesn't appear to me to be a mirage for the offense.  I may be wrong on that, but I really think this offense will average over 30 for the rest of the season under Brady (currently avg 33 under Brady).  

• Disagree 1

Oh yeah! 

We're about to absolutely ragdoll the Chiefs. Like 49ers/Eagles style. "Game of the week!" becomes a curb stomping for the home team. 

After Sunday Chiefs will have lost 4 of their last 6. The questions will be what's wrong with them.

Meanwhile, we'll be 1 game behind KC (not that that matters much but it's worth noting) and red hot going into the stretch run.

There is no chance in the world that we are losing to KC this weekend. This team is an angry buzz saw. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This year, not saying it out of blind homerism, but I really do think this team is about to finish the season strong and likely win out and make the playoffs because I am fully convinced that this offense under Brady is not just a 2 game 

Oh your whole post is the definition of homerism. I’m surprised you had a little restraint to stop short of the superbowl. But I’d imagine if they beat KC this weekend you’d be all in proclaiming they’d win the superbowl, but not homerism. Just your feelings. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

If they beat the chiefs and cowboys they are going to the Superbowl. IMO. 

I agree, I actually think it is going to be a Niners vs Bills Super Bowl, although I hate that matchup for us if that happens.  I am not sure anyone is beating the Niners this year personally barring injuries.  

• Disagree 1

Collapsing is not playing well. We lost. Your definition of playing well is not good enough and not up to NFL standard. This isn’t pop Warner where you get a participation trophy. Lol

Taking a super bowl favorite into OT is not playing up to the NFL standard?   How can you take a super bowl favorite to OT despite making critical execution errors which would have won the game without playing...well??   Why don't you think about that for a minute.  Take time off for headaches. 

Nice uphill both ways, drank from the hose bull#### though. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

So your saying MIA will still win the division. In 2021 we benefited from NE flopping and going 1-3 down the stretch to give us the division.

That means the Bills are passing some combo of CLE, PIT, CIN, HOU, JAC, IND, DEN? Well in 2021, CLE finished 1-3, BAL finished 0-6, Indy went 0-2, and LAC went 1-3. We just need that to happen again I guess. 

There is absolutely no room for error. Hope you’re right, odds are way against your prediction.  

Let’s GO Bills. 

Im not looking at odds...I am just going game by game.  I feel confident heading into the Chiefs game, and IMHO they are the hardest game on our schedule.  Cowboys game is a mirage, they are not as good as they look against bad teams just like Miami.  And I don't see LAC, Pats, or Miami as a threat with our offense playing at the level it has under Brady.  

So this is all assuming the offensive momentum continues as it is still just 2 games.  But this weeks game will be a real test, easily the hardest defense still left on our schedule.  Offense plays at a high level against KC and win that game, then we are beating Dallas by double digits the week after in Buffalo.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

There is no chance in the world that we are losing to KC this weekend. This team is an angry buzz saw. 

No chance of losing at all huh? The team is getting points to boot. You should bet the house on the Bills. Seems very logical. 

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Bills are going to make the playoffs, and I actually believe like I did in 2021 when we were 6 games out that we are going to probably win out.  I know this will be split between the over optimistic crowd and the overly negative crowd, but I am not saying this to just say it.  In 2021 I thought the Bills figured something out in the 2nd half of the Bucs game and I started a thread saying we would win out and they did.  

This year, not saying it out of blind homerism, but I really do think this team is about to finish the season strong and likely win out and make the playoffs because I am fully convinced that this offense under Brady is not just a 2 game fling and is going to continue down the stretch.  

Ive been watching a lot of content on the Dorsey offense vs the differences in the Brady led offense, and its remarkable Dorsey kept his job as long as he did.  This offense IMHO has turned a corner that will stay the rest of the season.  Its now coming off a bye week to get even more settled into what Brady wants to do and tweaks and wrinkles they want to install.  So lets look at what is in store and why I feel this team is about to cook the next 5 weeks and enter the playoffs as maybe the hottest team in the AFC:

KC - Coming off a loss and an offense with no identity anymore.  The personnel grouping there is shockingly bad and this offense can no longer keep up with high powered offenses.  The thing that has saved KC this year has been the much improved defense, but that defense just got cooked by GB and took some injuries in that game too.  I think the Bills coming in off a bye, KC in an offensive rut, Rasul and Linval now more comfortable in our defense, and this just feels like a game the Bills win and probably win decisively.  

DAL - They are the Dolphins of the NFC - They struggle against the better teams in the league while boosting stats on bad teams.  Their "DPOY" just got torched by Seattle along with their whole defense, and that offense in Seattle is mediocre at best.  Dak on the road in Buffalo is a recipe for a down game.  I think because of Buffalos 6-6 record and early season offensive struggles that people see this game as more dangerous than it really is.  I actually think we are going to beat the Cowboys handedly.  Wouldn't surprise me if it looks a lot like what the Niners did to Dallas.   

LAC - Allen and this offense will drop over 40 on that defense, especially without Bosa.  Herbert and that offense can score too, and this might be a high scoring game, but Staley and the LAC are the best in the NFL at losing games, so even if they put a lot of points up I still think the Bills win by 2 scores.  

NE - Its New England - we arent losing to them twice.  Bottom 3 team in the NFL right now without question.

MIAMI - With Trevors ankle injury, and KC losing to GB and probably losing to us this week, the #1 seed could very well be locked down for Miami by week 17 and they would rest their starters for all or part of the game.  Either way, I do not expect Miami to have much to play for and we probably don't see their starters for more than a half.  BUT even if they do need to win and play the whole game, we always cook the Fish, so a dub either way in my eyes.  The key to beating Miami is take away Tuas first read and don't give up the big play, something the Bills have excelled at during the Tua-Hill era.    

I see 5 games, and I see 5 wins.  Negative crowd is gonna flame away, just like they did in 2021.  But I really do think this team is about to cook these last 5 weeks and that momentum will carry over into the post season where I don't see too much of a threat standing in the way to reach the AFCCG for the Bills.

With the offense humming and the defense integrating so much needed veteran reinforcements in Rasul and Linval, I think we are poised to make a run here.  I think 5-0 is quite possible, but even 4-1 may get the job done of getting in.  

36wpec.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I'm telling you...

I had a dream: Bills/ Lions in the Super Bowl and we were up 40 something to 20 something very late 

Not sure how this bodes for us, but I had a dream last night as well:  Von Miller actually got a sack.

Don’t know why I didn’t realize I was dreaming right then and there.

• Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, ngbills said:

So your saying MIA will still win the division. In 2021 we benefited from NE flopping and going 1-3 down the stretch to give us the division.

That means the Bills are passing some combo of CLE, PIT, CIN, HOU, JAC, IND, DEN? Well in 2021, CLE finished 1-3, BAL finished 0-6, Indy went 0-2, and LAC went 1-3. We just need that to happen again I guess. 

Bills win this week and there is a good chance they are already back in being favored to make the playoffs.  Its not nearly as daunting the way your wrote it out.  I do not expect Miami to lose 2 of their next 4, Bills will get in on a wildcard.  

Week 14 - We have guaranteed help with Bengals vs Colts & Jags vs Browns playing each other this week.  Plus Broncos have to play Chargers this week and could lose that game.  

Week 15 -  More guaranteed help with Steelers and Colts facing each other.  Jaguars have to face Ravens, and if they don't have Trevor they will probably lose every game they don't have him as they are not that good of a team to win with CJ at QB.  Broncos play the Lions and Lions will be favored in that one. 

Week 16 more guaranteed help as Cin and Pit play each other and Cle plays Hou.

Week 17 no definite help, but some of those teams have tough matchups where they will be the underdog.

Week 18 - Browns vs Bengals and Hou vs Indy are more definite help and Steelers face Ravens.

So if the Bills win out, there are enough of those teams playing each other meaning for sure losses to teams around us, plus they also have some other tough games.  I

Edited by Alphadawg7

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I have a better chance at scoring a date with that insanely hot golf chick before the Bills win out when they can’t even win one in a row.

Let’s not be delusional here.

The offense does look a lot better with Brady. Of course, the defense still doesn't make a big stop in critical moments and McDermott's game day management is shaky. I will say this if (ITS A BIG IF) they win the next 2 then running the table is very realistic. I realize the Bills have choked against bad teams this year, but Josh seems to be back to his elite level playing style running Brady's offense. For now, it is a long shot with the Chiefs and Cowboys coming up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Bills win this week and there is a good chance they are already back in being favored to make the playoffs.  Its not nearly as daunting the way your wrote it out.  I do not expect Miami to lose 2 of their next 4, Bills will get in on a wildcard.  

Week 14 - We have guaranteed help with Bengals vs Colts & Jags vs Browns playing each other this week.  Plus Broncos have to play Chargers this week and could lose that game.  

Week 15 -  More guaranteed help with Steelers and Colts facing each other.  Jaguars have to face Ravens, and if they don't have Trevor they will probably lose every game they don't have him as they are not that good of a team to win with CJ at QB.  Broncos play the Lions and Lions will be favored in that one. 

Week 16 more guaranteed help as Cin and Pit play each other and Cle plays Hou.

Week 17 no definite help, but some of those teams have tough matchups where they will be the underdog.

Week 18 - Browns vs Bengals and Hou vs Indy are more definite help and Steelers face Ravens.

So if the Bills win out, there are enough of those teams playing each other meaning for sure losses to teams around us, plus they also have some other tough games.  I

The problem with the "guaranteed help" games is that someone is also going to win that game.  So many of these teams play each other down the stretch and someone is winning these games. 

• Agree 1

Dawg:  I was with you when you suggested this in another post.  Appreciate you unpacking it with reasoned thought.  If we play like the last 2 weeks, we go 5-0.  I bet the Miami game will be for the division.  Hope so, me and my 2 adult sons will be there.  We will rock Hard Rock!!

Teams we would have to go through on a tier:

Concerned playing at:

KC - never won a playoff game there

Baltimore - tough place to travel to beyond the fans

Cincinnati - recent history hasn't been kind here

Little concerned:

Miami - f the fish

Cleveland - hostile and loud

Pittsburgh - meh

Not at all concerned:

Jacksonville - yawn

Denver - not impressed

Indianapolis - not a football town

Houston - not a football town

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.