Calling it now: Bills are going to at least reach the AFCCG

Alphadawg7

4 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Collapsing is not playing well. We lost. Your definition of playing well is not good enough and not up to NFL standard. This isn’t pop Warner where you get a participation trophy. Lol

So you wouldn't consider the Bills' game against Philly "up to NFL standard"?  Do you watch any NFL games?

4 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Collapsing is not playing well. We lost. Your definition of playing well is not good enough and not up to NFL standard. This isn’t pop Warner where you get a participation trophy. Lol

The NFL standard is that one team loses and one team wins. How have the Bills not been up to the NFL standard? And every loss has been close. That is better than getting blown out every loss.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

I am dead serious. Most people will always take the "easy way out." I've witnessed it firsthand over and over and over again in my 60+ years on this earth. What makes you think that pro athletes are any different? Many, MANY people in this country are of the current sentiment that having someone else pay their way through life (the easy way out) would be just fine. Most of those who feel that way are the younger generations (same age as most football players). Now don't get me wrong, the analogy isn't perfect because the athletes are mostly millionaires, and are in a vastly different/better position than those 20 and 30 somethings who live in Mommy's basement, but the idea of taking the easy way out is the same.

Do you really think that every single pro athlete has the burning desire and drive to "go all the way", and extend their taxing 6-month season even longer for a little extra cash? Do they seem like they go "all out" every week and every game? Do they come in on their week off for extra prep because they know they have to win 5 straight games to ensure a playoff berth? Did they do anything "extra" when they had the 10 days off before the Bengals game, or did they take Friday - Sunday off after the Thursday night game? C'mon man, get real.

LOL, the guys wired to get to the pinnacle of their profession are wired a little different   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

I appreciate the optimism and anyone who doesn’t think there is a chance the Bills could run the table is just being obstinate.  This board has become borderline unreadable over the past several weeks and when it’s no longer fun for me, I stay away.  Hopefully the offense continues its resurgence and McD can get out of his own way during the last two minutes of football games.

Go Bills

If even I can see it happening than everyone should. I have 100% belief that this team can lead itself to win out and McDermott cannlt do enough to get in the way. Like a blind squirrel, he can find 5 nuts.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

What’s the status on Milano and jones? If we get those guys back for the playoffs this d gets so much better. Then we have a serious shot at running for something 

McD's last comment (from what I recall) is that there is a decent chance Jones is back, but it's more slim for Milano.

Either would be a bonus.  I think we made some good additions w/ Douglas & Joseph, and if we can stay relatively healthy from here on out, our D is good enough to get us over the top.

2 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

I am dead serious. Most people will always take the "easy way out." I've witnessed it firsthand over and over and over again in my 60+ years on this earth. What makes you think that pro athletes are any different? Many, MANY people in this country are of the current sentiment that having someone else pay their way through life (the easy way out) would be just fine. Most of those who feel that way are the younger generations (same age as most football players). Now don't get me wrong, the analogy isn't perfect because the athletes are mostly millionaires, and are in a vastly different/better position than those 20 and 30 somethings who live in Mommy's basement, but the idea of taking the easy way out is the same.

Do you really think that every single pro athlete has the burning desire and drive to "go all the way", and extend their taxing 6-month season even longer for a little extra cash? Do they seem like they go "all out" every week and every game? Do they come in on their week off for extra prep because they know they have to win 5 straight games to ensure a playoff berth? Did they do anything "extra" when they had the 10 days off before the Bengals game, or did they take Friday - Sunday off after the Thursday night game? C'mon man, get real.

Do you have a tinfoil hat on your head?

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

LOL, the guys wired to get to the pinnacle of their profession are wired a little different   

LOL indeed. Uh huh, right. Prove it. I mean, JA17 came right out before the start of the season and said something to the effect of “I’m not a big film guy.” Watching film to see what a defense (routinely) does is pretty high up on a QB’s list of things to study, to help him be successful. And he looked like crap in the first game of the year, and no, it wasn’t Dorsey’s fault.

Again, if they were serious about wanting to go 5-0 for the rest of the year, they would have held practice last week on Monday-Wednesday , but they didn’t.

Edit to state correct days that they could have practiced.

Edited by Bob Jones

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

LOL indeed. Uh huh, right. Prove it. I mean, JA17 came right out before the start of the season and said something to the effect of “I’m not a big film guy.” Watching film to see what a defense (routinely) does is pretty high up on a QB’s list of things to study, to help him be successful. And he looked like crap in the first game of the year, and no, it wasn’t Dorsey’s fault.

Again, if they were serious about wanting to go 5-0 for the rest of the year, they would have held practice last week on Monday-Friday, but they didn’t.

You can’t practice on your bye week….. it’s part of nflpa / nfl Cba 

3 minutes ago, balln said:

You can’t practice on your bye week….. it’s part of nflpa / nfl Cba 

Yes you can. The CBA just stipulates that they must have 4 days off, to include Saturday. So Thursday - Sunday would have met that. Edit: I meant to say Monday - Wednesday above, not Monday - Friday.

Edited by Bob Jones

7 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Again, if they were serious about wanting to go 5-0 for the rest of the year, they would have held practice last week on Monday-Wednesday , but they didn’t.

Edit to state correct days that they could have practiced.

This is incredibly stupid.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.