Week 12, Bills v. Iggles - Predict the Score

Freddie's Dead

Congratulations again to last week's winner @Over 29 years of fanhood!  This week, the Bills make the roady to Philthadelphia to battle the Iggles, arguably the best team in the NFC.  Is Joe Brady the true cure for what ailed the Bills offense?  Or just more snake oil from McDummy?  I'm really on the fence here, but I don't see how we beat the hottest team in football right now.  We're really beat up on defense, with even more injuries depleting our already depleted secondary.  I just can't see my way to picking the Bills in this one.  I predict a close, hard-fought game, but Philly just has too much for us in the end.

Beews - 27

Iggles - 31

Past Winners

Week 1 - @JaCrispy

Week 2 - @Gary Marangi

Week 3 - @Nelius

Week 4 - @SoonerBillsFan

Week 5 - @BeavercreekBillsFan

Week 6 - @BuffaloBillies

Week 7 - @mead107

Week 8 - @Gregg and @kkim0904

Week 9 - @BuffaloBillyG

Week 10 - @Governor

Week 11 - @Over 29 years of fanhood

• Like (+1) 2

Man, there are so many ways this game could go. I can legitimately see the Bills winning this one. But there isn't a huge margin for error here. Have to win the turnover battle. Have to keep penalties down.

I like Philadelphia. I'm a fan of Hurts. He does a lot well even if he doesn't do anything spectacular (being pushed a yard doesn't count). I like their defense. They have the more likeable Kelce. But that coach is a clown. A Kliff Kingsbury level punchable smug face. 

I think the Eagles suffer from a day less to prepare and come down a bit after an emotional MNF win that their coach acted like it was the Super Bowl after.

Calling the upset:

Bills- 23

Eagles- 20

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Congratulations again to last week's winner @Over 29 years of fanhood!  This week, the Bills make the roady to Philthadelphia to battle the Iggles, arguably the best team in the NFC.  Is Joe Brady the true cure for what ailed the Bills offense?  Or just more snake oil from McDummy?  I'm really on the fence here, but I don't see how we beat the hottest team in football right now.  We're really beat up on defense, with even more injuries depleting our already depleted secondary.  I just can't see my way to picking the Bills in this one.  I predict a close, hard-fought game, but Philly just has too much for us in the end.

Beews - 27

Iggles - 31

Past Winners

Week 1 - @JaCrispy

Week 2 - @Gary Marangi

Week 3 - @Nelius

Week 4 - @SoonerBillsFan

Week 5 - @BeavercreekBillsFan

Week 6 - @BuffaloBillies

Week 7 - @mead107

Week 8 - @Gregg and @kkim0904

Week 9 - @BuffaloBillyG

Week 10 - @Governor

Week 11 - @Over 29 years of fanhood

Eagles 28

Bills 21

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We will not have many offensive possessions in this game.  I say between 8-9.  Bills need to score 70% of the offensive possesion whether it is TD or FG and keep the drive long.   I believe Bills can do this as long as Josh does not turn over.

Happy Thanksgiving and go Bills,

Bills 27 Eagles 24

Edited by kkim0904
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Bills 37

Eagles 24

I readily admit that I may have egg on my face after this one, predicting a double digit victory over an elite opponent. I think what it comes down to for me is the position these two teams are in.

The Eagles are riding an emotional high coming off a victory over the team that beat them in the Super Bowl. They're on a short week. They are 9-1 so this game against an AFC opponent means practically nothing to them.

The Bills are desperate. They have to lay everything on the line for the rest of the season. 4th down attempts, trick special teams plays, anything and everything is on the table. They really NEED this game. I don't discount that emotional advantage.

Plus, I genuinely believe that the Bills offense turned a corner last week. I don't think it is just a one game Joe Brady novelty bump. I think he has immediately unlocked what this offense can do well and will commit to it. And the Eagles defense is more vulnerable than advertised, certainly worse than the Jets.

I think Allen, going against a Super Bowl caliber opponent in a massive game, will be in assassin mode. He's going against a team that doesn't regularly have to game plan against him. The leash is off him for the rest of the season - he won't hesitate to run when it's appropriate. All of this lines up for him to have maybe his best performance of the year.

I don't really know what to expect from the defense in this one to be honest, I just trust that the offense will carry the day and never let up.

I'm getting late 2021 season vibes from this team and I'm riding that wave until it crashes. When they play their best football I truly believe they can blow out any team in the league. So that's what I'm betting on.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Bills 37

Eagles 24

I readily admit that I may have egg on my face after this one, predicting a double digit victory over an elite opponent. I think what it comes down to for me is the position these two teams are in.

The Eagles are riding an emotional high coming off a victory over the team that beat them in the Super Bowl. They're on a short week. They are 9-1 so this game against an AFC opponent means practically nothing to them.

The Bills are desperate. They have to lay everything on the line for the rest of the season. 4th down attempts, trick special teams plays, anything and everything is on the table. They really NEED this game. I don't discount that emotional advantage.

Plus, I genuinely believe that the Bills offense turned a corner last week. I don't think it is just a one game Joe Brady novelty bump. I think he has immediately unlocked what this offense can do well and will commit to it. And the Eagles defense is more vulnerable than advertised, certainly worse than the Jets.

I think Allen, going against a Super Bowl caliber opponent in a massive game, will be in assassin mode. He's going against a team that doesn't regularly have to game plan against him. The leash is off him for the rest of the season - he won't hesitate to run when it's appropriate. All of this lines up for him to have maybe his best performance of the year.

I don't really know what to expect from the defense in this one to be honest, I just trust that the offense will carry the day and never let up.

I'm getting late 2021 season vibes from this team and I'm riding that wave until it crashes. When they play their best football I truly believe they can blow out any team in the league. So that's what I'm betting on.

Hope you're right, and I'll be more than happy to be wrong.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Man, there are so many ways this game could go. I can legitimately see the Bills winning this one. But there isn't a huge margin for error here. Have to win the turnover battle. Have to keep penalties down.

I like Philadelphia. I'm a fan of Hurts. He does a lot well even if he doesn't do anything spectacular (being pushed a yard doesn't count). I like their defense. They have the more likeable Kelce. But that coach is a clown. A Kliff Kingsbury level punchable smug face. 

I think the Eagles suffer from a day less to prepare and come down a bit after an emotional MNF win that their coach acted like it was the Super Bowl after.

Calling the upset:

Bills- 23

Eagles- 20

I’m on your train of thinking

almost exactly we are the trap game 

31-24 bills

Edited by Drew21PA
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Bills 26

Eagles 23

Eagles look past us a bit to the Cowboys and coming off an emotional high from beating KC, play a bit off/flat. Allen plays mistake free football and leads us to a couple TD drives but mostly field goal drives as Eagles pass rush makes scoring Td's in the RedZone a problem. Eagles use up alot of clock running on us but big plays from Allen to Kincaid and Shakir are the difference. Allen hits Kincaid for a winning TD at the end and then the Eagles miss a game tying field goal , saving McDermotts defense from another embarrassment. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

the one good thing about this game is the 4:25 start. By that time half the crowd will be drunk. passed, out and/or in the jail under the stadium. Even so can't see the Bills winning this. It will be close so hopefully the Bills catch some breaks.

Eagles 22 Bills 17 Stadium Jail Celll 16,723

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, entropyrules said:

the one good thing about this game is the 4:25 start. By that time half the crowd will be drunk. passed, out and/or in the jail under the stadium. Even so can't see the Bills winning this. It will be close so hopefully the Bills catch some breaks.

Eagles 22 Bills 17 Stadium Jail Celll 16,723

I'll be there,but fortunately not amongst the heathens. That should help me avoid the cell😂

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.