Jets @ Bills Postgame thread

Simon

16 minutes ago, chongli said:

And here is another gem from a few days ago:

dudes always wrong. Then Comes back like two years later trying to act like he was right about something current that he was wrong about for two or three years first. Never takes ownership of his L’s though. 

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Ju

Just seemed like he as quick on the trigger to question a lot of our big plays, Ty Johnson TD--was in all the way, and Poyer int, which i thought was an int hands under the ball, then you hear ball can touch the ground---was closer to me than him and Gene thought.   

#3 I bet he says he likes every city.

Concerning Jim Nantz, you don’t know what you’re talking about. Do some research and hear what he has said the past few years about Josh Allen and the Bills organization—especially after his father died last year. And he has been one of the few national people to poopoo the “window is closing narrative” that the lazy people spout. I said this in the PreGame post and I’ll say it again, “Jim Nantz is a class act.” You’re wrong. Move on to something that has validity. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 6

51 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Absolutely happy with the win, and it's a nice momentum gainer/confidence builder going in to next week's game vs the Eagles.

One thing though: Diggs doesn’t seem to be making any big plays, or even getting any targets downfield. What is up with that?

My issue with him tonight was that he had 3 or 4 drops. And he ran a super lazy/slipping route in the third. I would normally not mention that route, but with the drops it wasn’t a good game for him at all.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

I made a stink about it during the week,  But Blue jerseys white pants Always at home.  They look so good. so crisp.

Stop with the blue/blue nonsense. burn them 

I completely agree. I like white on blue, blue on white and white on white. No other uniform should be worn.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Joe Brady just called a game that destroyed the #3 defense in the league on 5 days notice.

Anyone who has any complaints can just go STFU and hang out with Filthy Beast.

We got the W against a good D when an L would have ended the season. That’s all that matters. We live to fight another day.

Bonus points - we won without Diggs or Davis making plays, which means when they get back involved things will get even better. 

Only downside I saw was the defensive injuries which may be too much to overcome and Smiley should have been fired at halftime. 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Brady called an excellent game. Offense looked pretty good for switching coordinators, playing a shortened week against an extremely stout defense. String a few more of these together and we'll be in business.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Great game plan.   I gotta eat crow on Rasul--didnt like taking on more cap money next year,  keep it up, big tests coming.    Dodson had a nice game,   Great running game.  ST coach better improve.   Von still looks shot.   Keep involving Shakir, less Harty.  Nice win, that was against Zach Wilson and Boyle.   Bills playoff odds improved.  Still a tough road.  

That hit will go down next year. I’d be shocked if he didn’t sign an extension.

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

When Allen executes, and the run game clicks, we are a force. I don’t care much who is calling plays.

The reason Allen and the run game are clicking has a lot to do with the plays that are called and the timing of those calls. Dorsey just picked plays out of a hat. Brady actually had some strategy and flow to his play calling. Big difference.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Spencer Brown always jumps right into those scrums. A 6'9", 320 lb monster. That's the guy you want on your side in a brawl.

What’s insanely frustrating about the Bills offense lack of consistency is that the individual components along with the key additions are all playing better than last season or have added a lot. There also isn’t much regression if any from established players.

Spencer Brown last season was one of the worst RT’s in the league. This year he has been a lot better. McGovern and Torrence have played much better than the guards last season. Dawkins is even playing slightly better. 

James Cook is playing better and Murray has been a productive addition. Shakir has come on strong and Kincaid has been a major positive. 

Diggs, Mitch and Davis are all playing similar to what they were last season. The only major injury is Knox who has been replaced by Kincaid. 

Yet the offense has been underperforming many times. Just really shows you that Dorsey was a big issue.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

Just now, RunTheBall said:

The reason Allen and the run game are clicking has a lot to do with the plays that are called and the timing of those calls. Dorsey just picked plays out of a hat. Brady actually had some strategy and flow to his play calling. Big difference.

You can argue that the order of the plays were different, but they essentially ran the same offense they always do. They difference from this week to the next was the execution.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

What’s insanely frustrating about the Bills offense lack of consistency is that the individual components along with the key additions are all playing better than last season or have added a lot. There also isn’t much regression if any from established players.

Spencer Brown last season was one of the worst RT’s in the league. This year he has been a lot better. McGovern and Torrence have played much better than the guards last season. Dawkins is even playing slightly better. 

James Cook is playing better and Murray has been a productive addition. Shakir has come on strong and Kincaid has been a major positive. 

Diggs, Mitch and Davis are all playing similar to what they were last season. The only major injury is Knox who has been replaced by Kincaid. 

Yet the offense has been underperforming many times. Just really shows you that Dorsey was a big issue.

Makes you wonder if Dorsey ever game planned for his opponent. Maybe he just wasn't able to pick up on cues and tendencies of other team's defenses. Brady seemed to have a lot of answers for the Jets #3 defense tonight.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

You can argue that the order of the plays were different, but they essentially ran the same offense they always do. They difference from this week to the next was the execution.

you can have the best plays in the world, but you have to prepare guys to execute them through the week. coaches are teachers. if the players can't execute what you are giving them, the problem ultimately lies with you. 

• Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

I guess. Just having a hard time believing that some Bills' coach went to Diggs this past week and said "Hey Sauce is guarding you this week, so we're probably going to be going to other guys." Can't imagine Diggs would be "OK" with that. LOL  In fact, I'd bet money he would be p***ed off.

Diggs for like the thousandth time wants to win, yes he definitely wants to be a part of it. But winning is the thing he wants most, and if that means he's the guy that's getting people open sometimes I don't think he cares, especially on a day where he has drops.

34 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He's not wrong.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Success said:

It's all down to Philly & the Chiefs now.

When the Bills are on their game, they're as good as anyone.  I'm feeling some confidence heading into next week.

I'm not fully convinced. This week the Bills just kicked themselves in the soft dangly bits less than the Jets did but finally found some traction, but to translate that to imposing their will on an upper-tier opponent is a stretch.

Fully understand that the counter-argument is that they Jets D is elite, and the Bills did unprecedented (this year) things to them. While the outcome was still in doubt the Jets defense bent but didn't break.

The counter-counter argument to that is: the Bills broke them :)

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Eyeroll 2

10 minutes ago, Mango said:

My issue with him tonight was that he had 3 or 4 drops. And he ran a super lazy/slipping route in the third. I would normally not mention that route, but with the drops it wasn’t a good game for him at all.

Hopefully it's just a 1 week distraction dealing with more Trevon tweets and double teams tonight.  I still think Stef has 2 more good years in him. Go out and try to draft Odunze and increase Kincaid / Shakir targets.  Gabe is done....

• Like (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Imagine that.  Josh runs the ball.  RBs run the ball.  Play calls look like they have an actual plan.  Calls mixed up with runs and passes and not just one or the other. Other players utilized in the pass game.  RB that couldn't get on the field had awesome runs.  Josh was in rhythm. Josh was making good decisions. Motions being used far more than any point of the season. Plays from shotgun AND plays from center. Offense scores points for the first time in 6 weeks and throughout the game, not just 1/4.  Some dude named Shakir with an 80 yard TD.  Dunno who that guy is, did we just sign him? Josh on target with his throws. All this against the best defense in the league.

Almost forgot... Sauce got called.

I wonder what the problem was.

Josh had a great game. Brady was able to get this team flowing. Something Dorsey couldn’t do, at least as of late. Big credit to both those guys tonight. I think this move was a good decision. 

But the “look what happens when you let Allen run” thing doesn’t fit here. He was 5/15 tonight. His game logs the rest of the season are 

6/36

3/7

3/46

4/17

4/14

2/11

7/17

7/41

8/44

4/14

I am not trying to get into a Dorsey v Brady argument but I also think it’s important to note as well. 

Just now, Mango said:

Josh had a great game. Brady was able to get this team flowing. Something Dorsey couldn’t do, at least as of late. Big credit to both those guys tonight. I think this move was a good decision. 

But the “look what happens when you let Allen run” thing doesn’t fit here. He was 5/15 tonight. His game logs the rest of the season are 

6/36

3/7

3/46

4/17

4/14

2/11

7/17

7/41

8/44

4/14

I am not trying to get into a Dorsey v Brady argument but I also think it’s important to note as well. 

But 3 or so runs were actual designed Allen runs, which is what has been missing. He barely had to scramble run because protection was solid. So he only ran 5 times, but having designed calls instead of him running for his life made a big difference.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

6/36

3/7

3/46

4/17

4/14

2/11

7/17

7/41

8/44

4/14

Disagree. The early QB draw that Allen ran successfully changed the Jets defense.  It set up, for example, Cook being wide open not too many plays later. The real threat of Allen running was their the entire first half.  Once the Bills got a big lead, I don't think anyone expected they would have Allen run at that point. 

• Like (+1) 8

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Hopefully it's just a 1 week distraction dealing with more Trevon tweets and double teams tonight.  I still think Stef has 2 more good years in him. Go out and try to draft Odunze and increase Kincaid / Shakir targets.  Gabe is done....

Oh totally. You can’t have your best night every night. More of a game note and not a “Diggs sucks/is washed” comment.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

you can have the best plays in the world, but you have to prepare guys to execute them through the week. coaches are teachers. if the players can't execute what you are giving them, the problem ultimately lies with you. 

I would agree. 

I would also state we cannot absolve the players of any wrong doing. What we saw tonight was in large part what we’ve seen for weeks.

The difference is that a few bounce here and there fell our way. 

We weren’t exactly world beaters on offense, but got the job done.

Again, just my opinion, but when Allen doesn’t drop the ball (he did, we fell on it) and our WRs don’t tip it to the other team (Shakir did, they missed it), we don’t play with awful field position (Cook fumble last week vs Gilliam FF this week)…it looks like an entirely different team.

Run game was essentially the same scheme as we’ve seen. Diggs was for most part a non-factor and Kincaid had a decent half. Gabe Davis still posting goose eggs. 

I am thrilled with the beat down, but I caution everyone who is claiming new world order as if erasing Dorsey eliminated every issue that’s plagued this offense. 

Cautiously optimistic! 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Disagree. The early QB draw that Allen ran successfully changed the Jets defense.  It set up, for example, Cook being wide open not too many plays later. The real threat of Allen running was their the entire first half.  Once the Bills got a big lead, I don't think anyone expected they would have Allen run at that point. 

So I agree. I guess I might be being a bit pedantic. To me that falls more into the offense having a better flow to. Which I totally agree with. 

Where as I interpreted the OP as saying “see we ran Josh. We never run Josh”. When in reality we gave home 1-2 designed runs, which is fairly normal for us on a weekly basis. 

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Watching the highlights on ESPN, after the Ty Johnson 4th down TD, Joe Brady is like "***** YEAH!!!!".  Saleh afterward just completely deflated in his press conference was just absolutely delicious.

I need to find and watch this.

I hope someone asked him:

”Hey Baldy, did you embarass all the QBs today or just the ones on your own team? You know you’re responsible for them, and don’t have to try to body slam them in order to bench them? Who was actually embarrassed today?”

What a d bag 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

I guess. Just having a hard time believing that some Bills' coach went to Diggs this past week and said "Hey Sauce is guarding you this week, so we're probably going to be going to other guys." Can't imagine Diggs would be "OK" with that. LOL  In fact, I'd bet money he would be p***ed off.

That's not the game plan and that conversation never happened. As evidenced by the first two plays we ran forcing the ball to Diggs on swing/screen passes.

But we were up and winning and moving the ball all game. As long as THAT is happening, and as long as we win, Diggs doesnt care about targets, catches, or yards.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Watching the highlights on ESPN, after the Ty Johnson 4th down TD, Joe Brady is like "***** YEAH!!!!".  Saleh afterward just completely deflated in his press conference was absolutely delicious.

Check page 6 of this thread :beer: 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That's not the game plan and that conversation never happened. As evidenced by the first two plays we ran forcing the ball to Diggs on swing/screen passes.

But we were up and winning and moving the ball all game. As long as THAT is happening, and as long as we win, Diggs doesnt care about targets, catches, or yards.

People are looking at the final catches and yards, but relative to all of our pass catchers he was the most targeted one on the team tonight. He just didn’t do much with it. 

It happens.

I was happy with the production from the offense today. Sure you’d like some more splash from Diggs/Davis. But games like this where all sorts of guys are catching TD passes will make it easier for those guys if we can commit to throwing to anybody and everybody who is open. Diggs will ball, I’m not concerned.

Great game from the offense today.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.