Browns hosting QB Joe Flacco for workout

BillsFan619

Flacco is the stereotype of what good NFL Qbs "used to be".  That is a strong performer into his early 30s and then fell off a cliff in terms of quality with Denver and then NYJ.  Brady, Brees and Rogers have changed the perception of what a great QB can be in their late 30s but in most of NFL history they have been outliers. Now CLeveland is so desperate they take a look at him after months out of football? That's nuts!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

They’re talking on ESPN right now how if somehow Flacco won the Browns a Super Bowl, he should be in the HOF conversation.  What a joke!  I really would like to see this go up in flames for the Browns in the playoffs.

IF Flacco pulled that off, then he’d be a near lock for the HOF. Big if obviously, but how could you keep him out if it were to happen?

• Agree 6

7 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

They’re talking on ESPN right now how if somehow Flacco won the Browns a Super Bowl, he should be in the HOF conversation.  What a joke!  I really would like to see this go up in flames for the Browns in the playoffs.

Probably not 1st ballot but definitely in the conversation if he could win another one at this stage of his career.

26 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

If somehow Flacco and the Browns win then he's one of the few QBs with Super Bowl rings from 2 different teams. 

I think it would just be Manning, Brady, and Flacco? 

There's next to zero chance this is happening.

And I predict for all the hype around the Browns and Flacco they are one and done in the playoffs going to Houston or Jacksonville. Yes they beat both those teams in recent weeks but the Jaguars game was in Cleveland amid their current free fall with Laurence being hurt and they barely won. Also they won in Houston against Case Keenam with Stroud out. With Stroud back they'll easily beat the Browns at home if that matchup materializes.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

IF Flacco pulled that off, then he’d be a near lock for the HOF. Big if obviously, but how could you keep him out if it were to happen?

What would be your reasoning that he is a HOF QB?  Just the fact that he has two SB rings and was the starting QB for both teams? 

2 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

What would be your reasoning that he is a HOF QB?  Just the fact that he has two SB rings and was the starting QB for both teams? 

No. Quality of play in his two SB winning playoff runs. My assumption is that he’d have to play that well again for the Browns to win it this year. Combine that with a long, solid career. That would be similar to Eli Manning’s resume and he will get in. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.